Anet devs main revenant, hate rangers

Zereqiel.8249

13 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You don't understand what min-maxing means and you're as wrong as you were before. Next time you quote me, actually respond to what I say instead of repeating "can't max min" which doesn't even remotely make any sense in the first place.

Huh... Yeah, apparently 🙄

Min the dmg to max your over all utility for a fight. That very normal for team comp. Support hits 5-10 target in pve is more effective then dps spikes vs 1 target.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

Yes you will find if you lack powerful effects you cant max min your class for "end game" like other classes with powerful effects. Something ranger is very much plagued with much like ele. At least ranger has some unblockables and quinkness something ele dose not have in an usefully way.

why dont u seem to understand Pure DPS are as Relevant as Support builds, litterally ur statement makes 0 sense because u quite litterally dont seem to understand that.

your QUITE LITTERALLY in the ADVISED SET UP FOR PVE CONTENT.

litterally. People dediate hundreds of hours to put up best comps and more and ur gonna call Every theorycrafter involved a Liar based on some sorta false concept.

1 minute ago, Daddy.8125 said:

why dont u seem to understand Pure DPS are as Relevant as Support builds, litterally ur statement makes 0 sense because u quite litterally dont seem to understand that.

your QUITE LITTERALLY in the ADVISED SET UP FOR PVE CONTENT.

litterally. People dediate hundreds of hours to put up best comps and more and ur gonna call Every theorycrafter involved a Liar based on some sorta false concept.

Right but they still have very set comps for fights. That is max min and its with ppl who are thinking in the most effect way to play the game with the most effective way of getting though a fight. At a point there is no point in going faster in a fight as not every one can play in such a way to support it. Its like balancing the game at the top game play and not the avrage you missing out on the higher population of ppl playing.

GW2 is a casual game. Top dps is pointless in this game type.

• Confused 3

14 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

Right but they still have very set comps for fights. That is max min and its with ppl who are thinking in the most effect way to play the game with the most effective way of getting though a fight. At a point there is no point in going faster in a fight as not every one can play in such a way to support it. Its like balancing the game at the top game play and not the avrage you missing out on the higher population of ppl playing.

GW2 is a casual game. Top dps is pointless in this game type.

So then optimized boons are also pointless, thanks bye.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

So then optimized boons are also pointless, thanks bye.

Being able to add to the optimized boons is important to a class just as much as there dps balancing. Boons like quinkness and alacrity are game changing boons for a class in both use and support. With out it your group is lacking as gw2 is a game made with cd as the main restores of class as well as cast time being very important for timing of dmg with brake bars.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

Being able to add to the optimized boons is important to a class just as much as there dps balancing. Boons like quinkness and alacrity are game changing boons for a class in both use and support. With out it your group is lacking as gw2 is a game made with cd as the main restores of class as well as cast time being very important for timing of dmg with brake bars.

It's as important as higher dps then. Yet you try to claim one thing that influences dps matters, but the other doesn't  -pick a lane, buddy 🙄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It's as important as higher dps then. Yet you try to claim one thing that influences dps matters, but the other doesn't  -pick a lane, buddy 🙄

From your point of view it is. Why is this a different point of view i am lost? You can talk about a class dps and its boon out put. That my very complaint and should be for ranger as well as it is missing these support boons and its pure dps is not enofe ( am not sure any class dps is enofe to make up for the lost of these boons as support).

Your dps is important but so is your boon out put. You cant forget about that when talking about class balance.

• Confused 2

On 5/22/2021 at 8:29 AM, Jski.6180 said:

If all your doing is dps you should be doing so much dps that your able to take the spaces of at least 2 players playing dps or your always going to fall behind classes who can dps and something else. In some ways ranger can be a victim of not getting to this point when they push there dps at all cost and give up any means of support. I think any class can run into this problem if they are "pure" dps and nothing else.

You keep using the same term (dps) for different cases (dps roles and support specs with dps capability), thus completely muddling the issue. I hope you're not doing this intentionally.

Yes, a pure dps class should be doing more dps than a dps/support hybrid. And for the most part it's actually true. Even the firebrand (an espec in dire need of some very precisely targeted changes aimed to limit its ability to do several things at once) loses quite a chunk of damage when it specces for support or heal role. Sure, there's the new mirage, but i bet it's going to get overnerfed very soon, ending up in even worse spot it was before it got (mostly unintentionally) bumped up. So, please, let's just not use that one as an example (for a while, at least).

And, (again, because i seem to be saying this to you on daily basis now) we should to strive to keep that general rule as much alive as we can, instead of trying to turn all dps classes into boon support in order for the better dps classes to keep their best dps and get some boons on top of that.

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You keep using the same term (dps) for different cases (dps roles and support specs with dps capability), thus completely muddling the issue. I hope you're not doing this intentionally.

Yes, a pure dps class should be doing more dps than a dps/support hybrid. And for the most part it's actually true. Even the firebrand (an espec in dire need of some very precisely targeted changes aimed to limit its ability to do several things at once) loses quite a chunk of damage when it specces for support or heal role. Sure, there's the new mirage, but i bet it's going to get overnerfed very soon, ending up in even worse spot it was before it got (mostly unintentionally) bumped up. So, please, let's just not use that one as an example (for a while, at least).

And, (again, because i seem to be saying this to you on daily basis now) we should to strive to keep that general rule as much alive as we can, instead of trying to turn all dps classes into boon support in order for the better dps classes to keep their best dps and get some boons on top of that.

The issues is that boons are class locked and its the boons that are often getting used as the support on dps classes making your firebrands able to do both dps and support at a high level. Mind you they are not healing support  that is very different but they are still very much able to hit top dps and boost every one else dps in a fight.

Might shair fury shair just dose not cut it for the only boon shaired out for boon support on dps classes that what ranger and ele are lacking compared to firebrand and marz. There are very much different in quality of boons in gw2 and the quality is not gear base but class base.

On 5/24/2021 at 11:54 AM, Jski.6180 said:

The issues is that boons are class locked and its the boons that are often getting used as the support on dps classes making your firebrands able to do both dps and support at a high level. Mind you they are not healing support  that is very different but they are still very much able to hit top dps and boost every one else dps in a fight.

Might shair fury shair just dose not cut it for the only boon shaired out for boon support on dps classes that what ranger and ele are lacking compared to firebrand and marz. There are very much different in quality of boons in gw2 and the quality is not gear base but class base.

Except this isn't a problem. Classes share different boons. If you want to shares boons a specific class shares, you play it. This 'equivalence' you say is missing as the premise for your argument doesn't make sense, because it's not necessary for people to play how they want and be successful. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

On 5/24/2021 at 5:54 PM, Jski.6180 said:

The issues is that boons are class locked

No boon is class-locked. Some buffs still are, but (curiously enough) you never actually mention those at all.

Hint: somethning not being equally available to all classes is not the same as being class-locked. Currently even the most restricted boons are available to at least 3 classes out of 9, (and most boons are actually available to all classes).

(also, again, Carthago delenda est let's not try to unbalance the game even more than it is now)

4 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

No boon is class-locked. Some buffs still are, but (curiously enough) you never actually mention those at all.

Hint: somethning not being equally available to all classes is not the same as being class-locked. Currently even the most restricted boons are available to at least 3 classes out of 9, (and most boons are actually available to all classes).

(also, again, Carthago delenda est let's not try to unbalance the game even more than it is now)

Class buffs are not realty support aimed and do not have as powerful effect as alacrity and quinkness. I also talked about SB stance shier and how maybe more classes should have the ability to do the same.

The boons in question are soo massively powerful for this game cdr / cast time speed reduction that they make a class entire set up to give these boons out.  Ranger cant give these boons out as an support class.

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

Class buffs are not realty support aimed and do not have as powerful effect as alacrity and quinkness.

...Why exactly do you think banner warriors always had a guaranteed spot in any raid configuration since first raid wing launched? Why there was always a place for druid? (hint: that last one is not due to might generation, althought that definitely helps. It's also not due to healing, because out of all available healers druid is probably near the bottom).

(hint2: in the early days of raiding someone did a calculation of pre-nerf banners. And arrived at a conclusion that as long as warrior keeps banners up, they don't need to do anything else, and can have a dps of 0, and yet they will still be worth a slot. Now, banners are a bit worse, but they are still good enough to result in a  dedicated slot)

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

...Why exactly do you think banner warriors always had a guaranteed spot in any raid configuration since first raid wing launched? Why there was always a place for druid? (hint: that last one is not due to might generation, althought that definitely helps. It's also not due to healing, because out of all available healers druid is probably near the bottom).

(hint2: in the early days of raiding someone did a calculation of pre-nerf banners. And arrived at a conclusion that as long as warrior keeps banners up, they don't need to do anything else, and can have a dps of 0, and yet they will still be worth a slot. Now, banners are a bit worse, but they are still good enough to result in a  dedicated slot)

And ele use to have a near guaranteed spot for old pve events due to conaj weapons and they destroyed thoughts because of it.

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

In old pve events everyone had a guaranteed slot. Open world is like that.

There was very much player limanted content back in the hay day of conja weapons for pve.

We are getting off subject a lot!

Ranger has a class only boon though stance sharing but its not used a lot of the time because its not strong enofe compared to boons like quickness and alacrity which are both a offsite boon and defensive boon set though ability use more often and faster use of thoughts ability.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

There was very much player limanted content back in the hay day of conja weapons for pve.

I don't even know what you tried to say here.

2 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

We are getting off subject a lot!

Ranger has a class only boon though stance sharing but its not used a lot of the time because its not strong enofe compared to boons like quickness and alacrity which are both a offsite boon and defensive boon set though ability use more often and faster use of thoughts ability.

It's not the boon sharing that's the important class-specific Ranger buff. It's the Spotter and spirits. Those two are the thing that keeps druid as the primary healer choice, even though as a healer it's not that good (especially in the might  generation setup), and there are other alternate choices for might.

• Like 2

On 5/20/2021 at 5:54 PM, Buran.3796 said:

I don't agree with Zerequiel, but currently the most profitable activities (outside trading) in the game in terms of time/gold earned are all in PvE. Not a single instanced game mode (dungeons, raids, strikes... even high level fractals) can compete with open world farms if you're really commited to spent more than a couple of hours a day playing the game.

By saying "not a single instance game mode can compete with open world farms", do you mean like 10-man afk multiboxing in domain of istan or something? If not, the best gold-per-hour farming is not in open world atm

On 5/20/2021 at 11:05 PM, Daddy.8125 said:

There's a reason why ranger has fallen out the fractal meta while weaver very much still is in the fractal meta. 

Soulbeast will not fall out of the fractal meta, as long as the stance sharing is not destroyed. In the future if Anet keeps nerfing its personal dps without touching stance sharing, it will fall close to the current alacRen's postion and become a stance sharing bot and spirit provider.

My original post regarding May 11th patch is attached here, where one of my suggestions about buffing "furious strength" trait is perfectly in line with the follow-up patch on May 25th

Maybe people shouldn't be blinded so much by golem numbers . In  a real fight most classes perform differently .

In fractals condi ranger is still a think and has a burst of 60k at least.

Condi Weaver since the 11 may patch I never see one good performing they were all on the 3th place in 100cm and so on

cFB is absolute bonkers on pair with condi ranger in burst still highest dps and now even higher . Yes guardian is truly Arena.NETs golden child xD after Renegede which is Arena.NETs silver child.

At least cFB can double or even dribble the dps numbers on the golem on certain encounters because you can  constantly reset Tomb 1 and you have muliply targets you hit at the same time.

Together with (Scourge) necro the build the core of every meta since 2018 in Gw 2

What also is mentionable is if you have different results it maybe the reason you haven't the current builds which the different sides didn't put out this time . I think at best 50% of the community had update builds because of this so Arena.NET metric were mostly also nonsense.(only top dps should be consistent)

Let me   who updated see:

Discretize ( fractals) No

SnowCrow(raids) No

LuckyNoobs(raids) No

Metabattle(all) Yes no clue when and but wrong rota wrong build when I look at cFB

Also Build Editor waited over 2 weeks until they updated it.

EDIT:

Okay I don't know what changed on other builds but this is roughly my cFB fractal build(which is public anyway)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAc+FlRwgYdsK2IW0WfveA-zRZYfhUYGdXQ0shobJI6qKnLSQs4fNp4sC-e

What I need to say to this the second sgil are missing in the editor because it is Major Sigil of Busting. This is long ago reported and discussed on the board Arena.NET may change this I think Meta Battle doesn't have this because they also think that Arena.NET will change/fix this at some point  = makes 2k more dps on single target.

The second weapon where I have a GS can be whatever you like it really depends on what you need , sceptre gives extra might for the start, GS is a good pull for Deep Stone and Nightmare, you can also use hammer for extra CC. By the way you always start your rota with torch 4

Edited by Lord of the Fire.6870

10 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I don't even know what you tried to say here.

It's not the boon sharing that's the important class-specific Ranger buff. It's the Spotter and spirits. Those two are the thing that keeps druid as the primary healer choice, even though as a healer it's not that good (especially in the might  generation setup), and there are other alternate choices for might.

5 player only content what i was saying.

Why not give SB staces quirkness and druid glyphes alacrity?

You still have the ability to blast fire fields for might there nothing in the game that lets you blast x field for quickness or alacrity.

• Confused 1