Basically thinking we are a bunch of idiots??

Virgarth.6354

"

Deadeye's performance is especially strong in PvE as a condition-damage role. At the moment, specific pistol skills are overperforming due to recent improvements to condition damage in thief traits. We're excited to see deadeye get more play, and we'll make tuning adjustments as necessary in future updates to ensure that both it and daredevil have strong damage builds available with a variety of weapons.

Pistol

• Shadow Strike: Reduced applied torment from 4 stacks to 2 stacks in PvE only. This now matches the number of stacks currently in PvP and WvW.
  • Repeater: Increased initiative cost from 2 to 3. Reduced duration of applied bleeding from 4 seconds to 3 seconds in PvE only.
  • Sneak Attack: Reduced applied bleeding duration from 6 seconds to 5 seconds in PvE only. This now matches the duration in PvP and WvW."

Please, if u are going to say more funny stuff like that, especially the part about the so called "overperforming condi deadeye", just open the right section among topics. the so called "Nonsensed Cabaret Of kitten Nerfing Due To Boring Afternoon".... Also thanks, the class is now no more playable, luckely i didn't purchase any expansion and i think i won't neither after this lolling joke.

• Confused 2

The nerfs are pretty minor. Some thoughts:

1) Repeater already had a silly low initiative cost. The increase however won't matter that much because the time it takes to get off Repeater + M7 won't significantly change the damage output of the build because initiative regen on the build putting out those numbers is so high. 

2) Bleed duration decrease on a couple of skills is a bit silly. They just gave Trickery 150 Expertise and now they are...putting it back to where it was (as least as far as duration is concerned). But they also boosted bleed damage with the new Deadly Ambush so you still have stronger bleeds post patch and the numbers comparison is still favorable pre versus post balance patch.

3) Shadowstrike isn't the main source of torment on P/D Deadeye. Malicious Sneak attack is. Before Repeater was added to the game you could stack torment using Shadowstrike but you haven't been able to do that for a while now. You lose very little damage from going back to the original number of torment stacks given the limitation that Repeater puts on Shadowstrike.

4) Most of the high damage from P/D Deadeye comes from the underlying change to torment. For PvE this means cutting back on torment access to try and reign in the damage because so many NPCs spend time immobile and taking the full damage tick. But, the biggest increase in overall condi damage is the result of break bars increasing condition damage so much. So you have two very significant changes that the team would like to balance around and the DE changes here feel a bit like a bandaid on a gaping wound. 

IMO, the biggest issue post-patch isn't PVE damage (which is generally higher) but PVP damage (because players move a lot more than NPCs). If anything, WvW and PvP need to see higher torment stacks or duration (for example on Shadowstrike) to compensate for a fundamental change in how torment is applied.  Movement impairments are easily and frequently removed so it's not that common against good players to get the full damage tick.  To be sure there are NPCs and this would  increase damage versus WvW tower lords (for example) but that is something for a rebalance of those NPCs (balance should be somewhat primarily about players and not NPCs in pvp modes).

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Zacchary.6183 said:

LMAO please uninstall. These nerfs are nothing.

Saying that is equal to say that you are the one who should uninstall and probably back do packman. Anway, do not worry i will do the same cuz i like to play on sensed communities, not this ****.  I mean, /quit and hope to not see the company again... 

28 minutes ago, saerni.2584 said:

The nerfs are pretty minor. Some thoughts:

1) Repeater already ....

2) Bleed duration ...

3) Shadowstrike isn't the main source of torment ... 

4) Most of the high damage from P/D Deadeye ...

1) Nope!

2) Nope!

3) Don't even wanna answer to something that stupid ....

4) Not even close to the truth...

I am playing only thief by 1 year (i repeat, ONLY THIEF), and the nerfs have in fact made the build totally pointless... Out of initiative for something like 4 stacks of torment = dead (eye).

But ofc the solution for the future will be, buffing the Guardian a little bit more... you never know, he could easely lose the ability to solo she kitten out of every map... (God wills it!)

• Confused 4

The nerf of condi p/d is brutal, because to trigger the chain you must to successfully stab and guardians or thieves usually block or dodge this first stab. Having to stab 2 times +repeater means 11 points depleted, this let you without resources.

thanks anet for killing the only fun alternative to the power builds.

Edited by frareanselm.1925

1 hour ago, Virgarth.6354 said:

Saying that is equal to say that you are the one who should uninstall and probably back do packman. Anway, do not worry i will do the same cuz i like to play on sensed communities, not this ****.  I mean, /quit and hope to not see the company again... 

Dude, I have mained thief since 2 weeks after LAUNCH. This nerf is nothing compared to what thief had to endure in the past. In fact, I have seen a good buff to d/d drd condi. Last strike I used it in I saw 19k bleed ticks alongside 5-6k poison ticks. The damage combined with the staying power is insane. Your outburst is unwarranted.

• Like 3

1) Nope!

2) Nope!

I am playing only thief by 1 year (i repeat, ONLY THIEF), and the nerfs have in fact made the build totally pointless... Out of initiative for something like 4 stacks of torment = dead (eye).

But ofc the solution for the future will be, buffing the Guardian a little bit more... you never know, he could easely lose the ability to solo she kitten out of every map... (God wills it!)

I've mained P/D since basically launch. I am very familiar with the profession and weapon set. But don't just take my word for it. Actually engage with my arguments. Saying "nope" isn't a valid response. 

• Like 5

Remember when Anet wanted more build diversity for Thieves in PvE? Then decided to remove boon thief from the 3 fights it was used in, gave us a meta condi build that needed to be toned down.  Removed said meta condi build from all PvE content except 100CM (cFB is honestly still just the better option here), and now have left us with only pDD, which is only meta for Magnetic bomb and a few fractal skips. 

• Like 1

I'm a bit sad the nerfs also impact core and daredevil ... while the issue was deadeye mechanic abuse of m7/repeater ... which is still an issue here.. They nerf damages and initiatives but we can still pew pew for ages. 🤔

You may say p/d daredevil wasn't a thing, but now we would never know.

Otherwise, wow ...  "QQ deadeye is dead"

P/D deadeye was already viable BEFORE 11 may, and it's still better after 25may balance. Yes, it's not 45k benchmark anymore on golem but with projectile combo (mesmer field for the best, or fire) you're in a very good position for souless, largos, sunqua CM, close to others condi builds.. The issue is more the lack of CC, group contribution outside DPS.

Stop complaining and actually try it by yourself

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508

I'm a bit sad the nerfs also impact core and daredevil ... while the issue was deadeye mechanic abuse of m7/repeater ... which is still an issue here.. They nerf damages and initiatives but we can still pew pew for ages.

The nerf is not that much on Deadeye, but on the P/D setup, which affects Deadeye,Vanilla,Daredeavil... And not a minor one at all. Something like -45% damage at the end of the line...And saying "we can still pew pew for ages", well, seems like you should really have a cut on drugs dude.... Ages is now the amount of time to have enought initiative to complete the rotation. If you want to nerf a benchmark u start to balance what the class is actually lacking of, not just dropping down damage griefing a whole class (not spec, the whole freaking class+weapon setup).

Anyway, thanks God, account refund probably approved, bb.

Enjoy the random griefing on the same 2 classes just to make other ones look kinda better. 

20 hours ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

The nerf of condi p/d is brutal, because to trigger the chain you must to successfully stab and guardians or thieves usually block or dodge this first stab. Having to stab 2 times +repeater means 11 points depleted, this let you without resources.

I couldn't say it better than that. Seems like a suicide kamikaze bringing some poison just to help out in some way... Say bb to all condi Thieves.

Edited by Virgarth.6354
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Virgarth.6354 said:

The nerf is not that much on Deadeye, but on the P/D setup, which affects Deadeye,Vanilla,Daredeavil... And not a minor one at all. Something like -45% damage at the end of the line...And saying "we can still pew pew for ages", well, seems like you should really have a cut on drugs dude.... Ages is now the amount of time to have enought initiative to complete the rotation. If you want to nerf a benchmark u start to balance what the class is actually lacking of, not just dropping down damage griefing a whole class (not spec, the whole freaking class+weapon setup).

Anyway, thanks God, account refund probably approved, bb.

Enjoy the random griefing on the same 2 classes just to make other ones look kinda better. 

Use Mercy in your rotation, and Hide in Shadow  if you still have trouble ; no issue with initiative/fluidity. You see, it wasn't hard to adapt, just needed to read tooltips.

-45% ? Yeah lol, sure. And I'm the one on drugs ... Yes this precise skill got nerf but like 45% if you want; you still have sneak attack, venom, deadly ambition + potent poison, projectile combo, etc ... The benchmark goes down by 10-12% against a golem. So insteak of 45K, you'll do 40K.  "Dead" 🤔

Edit.

Otherwise, remove aegis is like RULE N°1 against a guard. And I don't see why you need the skill #3 to do it ???

Plus what's the difference with before 11 may patch ? Do you want PvP or just free kill everywhere ?

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508

9 minutes ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

Use Mercy in your rotation, and Hide in Shadow  if you still have trouble ; no issue with initiative/fluidity. You see, it wasn't hard to adapt, just needed to read tooltips.

-45% ? Yeah lol, sure. And I'm the one on drugs ... Yes this precise skill got nerf but like 45% if you want; you still have sneak attack, venom, deadly ambition + potent poison, projectile combo, etc ... The benchmark goes down by 10-12% against a golem. So insteak of 45K, you'll do 40K.  "Dead" 🤔

Right, like claiming a 45% decrease is clearly hyperbolic and not realistic. 

You lost a little bleed duration and maybe 4 stacks of torment from the Shadowstrike rotation. 

But sure, 45% and he claims he got his account refunded and he's quitting...I'll see him back here in a week. 

Edited by saerni.2584
  • Like 3

Sometimes, it's a benefit to the game that certain people who aren't comfortable to change don't play it. If players can't stomach this level of change ... GW2 isn't the game for them. 

Not really that big a deal here. DE is still killing it. 

2 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Sometimes, it's a benefit to the game that certain people who aren't comfortable to change don't play it. If players can't stomach this level of change ... GW2 isn't the game for them. 

Not really that big a deal here. DE is still killing it. 

Is it a benefit to the game that devs decide which builds or classes people should play nerfing the others? Because that's what is happening.

On 5/26/2021 at 5:19 PM, frareanselm.1925 said:

You do realise that the changes were PvE only, right?

On 5/26/2021 at 3:42 PM, Virgarth.6354 said:

1) Nope!

2) Nope!

No offense, but if that's your reaction to those points, you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Have fun in whatever game you end up playing, before some minor change makes you explode and leave all over again. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

Is it a benefit to the game that devs decide which builds or classes people should play nerfing the others? Because that's what is happening.

That doesn't make sense ... of course changes to the game affect builds people like to play ... but devs don't decide what builds players use, players do. 

I mean, the idea that Anet changes classes and it DOESN'T affect how builds work is pretty nonsensical wouldn't you say? In fact, it should be what people EXPECT to happen. Bottomline, it's unreasonable to think you choose a build and it's never affected by changes to the game. That's just naïve ... like VERY naïve. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

4 hours ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

before some minor change makes you explode and leave all over again. 

At 14:00 about... Let's see what professional gamers think about you "minor" nerfs....

And btw, sorry if i insist, as a bad person unable to see how "right and amazing" those minor nerfs are, i have also forgotten to switch off notifications... Don't worry, this won't happen again (if the forum works despite of the game).

9 hours ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

I'm a bit sad the nerfs also impact core and daredevil ... while the issue was deadeye mechanic abuse of m7/repeater ... which is still an issue here.. They nerf damages and initiatives but we can still pew pew for ages.

5 hours ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

That's called cyclical balance and it is necessary for build diversity. Otherwise, we get d/p slot-blocker meta 2.0 where thief exists to help the other team win.

He said it hurts, nerfs tend to hurt so he's not wrong. He didn't exactly say it destroyed the spec and that he was asking for a refund on his account like you did, now did he? 

By the way, I took the viper build into the training area and messed around with it for a while, the initiative issue is actually really easy to fix. If you swap Malicious Intent for One in the Chamber and your heal for Malicious Restoration, then assuming quickness and alacrity you have more than enough stealth access through Shadow Meld and stolen items to pretty much not use Cloak and Dagger altogether, which means you can use all your ini for Shadow Strike and Repeater. It takes more brains to play than before because you now have to track your cooldowns and not use cantrips or mark while you have a stolen skill ready, but it's still more than doable and still pulls in good damage numbers. 

On 5/26/2021 at 8:30 AM, Virgarth.6354 said:

"

Deadeye's performance is especially strong in PvE as a condition-damage role. At the moment, specific pistol skills are overperforming due to recent improvements to condition damage in thief traits. We're excited to see deadeye get more play, and we'll make tuning adjustments as necessary in future updates to ensure that both it and daredevil have strong damage builds available with a variety of weapons.

Pistol

• Shadow Strike: Reduced applied torment from 4 stacks to 2 stacks in PvE only. This now matches the number of stacks currently in PvP and WvW.
  • Repeater: Increased initiative cost from 2 to 3. Reduced duration of applied bleeding from 4 seconds to 3 seconds in PvE only.
  • Sneak Attack: Reduced applied bleeding duration from 6 seconds to 5 seconds in PvE only. This now matches the duration in PvP and WvW."

Please, if u are going to say more funny stuff like that, especially the part about the so called "overperforming condi deadeye", just open the right section among topics. the so called "Nonsensed Cabaret Of kitten Nerfing Due To Boring Afternoon".... Also thanks, the class is now no more playable, luckely i didn't purchase any expansion and i think i won't neither after this lolling joke.

If you didn't buy any expansion how are you playing Deadeye to know the results of these nerfs? 

Imagine believing condi Deadeye managing 60k+ DPS isn't overperforming.. you reliese this games balanced around doing 30k odd right?..... 

Here's what's actually happened. 

"I boosted my fotm reroll and now you've balanced it so I'm now mad I wasted my time on this. I wanted to be OP" 

That's the nature of this. 

Class did 60-70k DPS. It was crazy high in a game where other classes do 30k. Ranger does 37k how are u saying thief doing over 60k is balanced. 

Please show me your logic. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/27/2021 at 11:16 PM, Virgarth.6354 said:

At 14:00 about... Let's see what professional gamers think about you "minor" nerfs....

And btw, sorry if i insist, as a bad person unable to see how "right and amazing" those minor nerfs are, i have also forgotten to switch off notifications... Don't worry, this won't happen again (if the forum works despite of the game

Right. So first of all we are going to a ranger main who don't play thief so isn't involved at all with knowing where this puts Deadeye.

Secondly he doesn't even say anything about what thief's like going on from this lol. He said the first 2 changes are pretty big. 

And kitten right they should be. 

68k DPS isn't a number anyone should be reaching. 37-40k should be the balancing line. 

Just suck it up. You wanted to be overpowered and your mad now your not. Your likely a fotm reroller who relied on being overpowered to do well with the class to begin with. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Just suck it up. You wanted to be overpowered and your mad now your not. Your likely a fotm reroller who relied on being overpowered to do well with the class to begin with. 

Im confused with this way of thinking. Of course people want to be over powered in PvE. It’s flipping PvE, you’re talking like you’re rank 1 PvP. Calm down. Yes 68k DPS is pretty extraordinary, but it’s PVE, people should value time and efficiency over “D” measuring contests on Arc DPS.