D/D condi thief

Rukia.4802

I'm gonna make it meta just you wait , my lifes goal is to see a dual dagger wielding thiefs everywhere spinning with glory 

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women! - Conan God-King the barbarian

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Liewec.2896 said:

i play it regularly!

got called a hacker last week for "infinite evades" 🤣

Funny I was called a hacker as well once yesterday and today many rage whispers.. ahh pvp in GW2 is exactly as I remembered it.

20 hours ago, Rukia.4802 said:

I'm gonna make it meta just you wait , my lifes goal is to see a dual dagger wielding thiefs everywhere spinning with glory 

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women! - Conan God-King the barbarian

Daredevil - Impaling Lotus for whirl finisher, I'd go Deadly & Trickery, no need for SA on a fat bruiser

(Carrion Wizard or Sage) / Rune Of Mirage for torment on evade

Dagger/Dagger Energy/(w/e you want) - Death Blossom is whirl finisher "constant evade"

Shortbow for Choke Gas Poison Field - whirl finishers make more poison bolts, SB2 blast makes weakness spam

- Withdraw

- Smoke Screen - whirls spam blind all over the place

- Sig Agi

- Shadow Step

- Dagger Storm

This is probably the only way to make it happen. That build would pump out A TON of constant heavy condi pressure in consistent sustained damage output rather than in bursts, and it would have plenty of power side damage as well, and very hard to hit. Downfall is no stealth unless you blast smoke screen, but I'm pretty sure this build would 1v1 the hell out of even most meta builds.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524

On 5/27/2021 at 9:32 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Daredevil - Impaling Lotus for whirl finisher, I'd go Deadly & Trickery, no need for SA on a fat bruiser

(Carrion Wizard or Sage) / Rune Of Mirage for torment on evade

Dagger/Dagger Energy/(w/e you want) - Death Blossom is whirl finisher "constant evade"

Shortbow for Choke Gas Poison Field - whirl finishers make more poison bolts, SB2 blast makes weakness spam

- Withdraw

- Smoke Screen - whirls spam blind all over the place

- Sig Agi

- Shadow Step

- Dagger Storm

This is probably the only way to make it happen. That build would pump out A TON of constant heavy condi pressure in consistent sustained damage output rather than in bursts, and it would have plenty of power side damage as well, and very hard to hit. Downfall is no stealth unless you blast smoke screen, but I'm pretty sure this build would 1v1 the hell out of even most meta builds.

I play plat with it so it is actually viable, heres the build [&DQUcGyw7BxoKAQoBCwFXAVkBMwEZARkBnwEOAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

I'm also playing D/D power and its absolutely hilarious the amount of damage I can pull. I haven't played the oldschool backstab build since like 2012, far more fun than any condi aids. This is what a true thief is supposed to be. [&DQUjGSwnHCYMAQwBWQFXAVgAGQFWATMBDgEOAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=] divinity & zerker amu.The traits in kitten are w/e,  executioner is basically pointless as if they are that low they're most likely equipping their nikes running to antarctica. I've noticed this a lot in pvp now, people just run and abusing terrain is like 90% of pvp. Pretty funny. Many times I wish I had shadow shot and dash because its basically required to catch up but your job isn't to chase people to kenya.

I will probably end up maining D/D power this season for the lulz because its really satisfying when it succeeds and I'm hella tired of D/P DD for like 6 years plus swipe is straight garbage and feels awful. The condi build is only more successful because it can actually 1v1 sidenode and survive skirmishes without immediately having to run away or stealth at all therefore it has far more carry potential when some classes are so tanky you may as well just be hitting a target dummy in pve.

I will say death blossom is noice change of pace from usual hit and run but I got bored of it quite fast, I don't feel like there's any skill in it at all.

• Like 1

Im pretty sure every single D/D thief that even kinda knows how to play D/D would wipe the floor with a basic meta thief in pvp. Lately ive been used to being double teamed by 2 meta thieves in matches and they both 99% of the time fall. Meta thieves cant handle the amount of damage a D/D thief can dish out. Im sorry if you dont like this response, but its just the reality.

why would you play such a no fun memey braindead build tho?..

i can't think of a proper use of D/D condi other then troll and being a mosquito.

i would give props if you play power D/D with actual damage, instead of low power damage mosquito builds that spam evade like the condi counterpart

Edited by felix.2386

2 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

why would you play such a no fun memey braindead build tho?..

i can't think of a proper use of D/D condi other then troll and being a mosquito.

i would give props if you play power D/D with actual damage, instead of low power damage mosquito builds that spam evade like the condi counterpart

Its only braindead to the people that have never even bothered to play it. Explain how its braindead?

First off, you have to constantly manage your ini and your endurance. If you cant do that, you will die. You only have enough for a few dodges so you have to figure out how to keep yourself alive until you gain back enough for an attack and or a dodge. You also have to time each attack/dodge right or all you are doing is wasting ini and or end. 

Its actually one of the hardest classes to play. 

Your "braindead build" comments only shows us that you have ZERO experience playing D/D thief. 

Also, im sorry you dont like condi.. Maybe they should bring back those "braindead one shot power builds" you seem to like.

On 6/1/2021 at 4:32 PM, rowdy.5107 said:

Its only braindead to the people that have never even bothered to play it. Explain how its braindead?

First off, you have to constantly manage your ini and your endurance. If you cant do that, you will die. You only have enough for a few dodges so you have to figure out how to keep yourself alive until you gain back enough for an attack and or a dodge. You also have to time each attack/dodge right or all you are doing is wasting ini and or end. 

Its actually one of the hardest classes to play. 

Your "braindead build" comments only shows us that you have ZERO experience playing D/D thief. 

Also, im sorry you dont like condi.. Maybe they should bring back those "braindead one shot power builds" you seem to like.

I agree, it is not braindead, but it sucks, low damage, low sustain, low resources to work and do multiple tasks, a dp meta thief annihilates dd.