Next expansions question

im sure they will incorporate both the traveling features from both PoF and HoT. I doubt they will make it so you NEED to have any of the premium mounts ( Roller Beatle, Griffon, Skyscale) but the general mounts I can see them incorporating them. Im sure they'll still have stuff like updrafts and bounce mushrooms as well.

2 hours ago, wmtyrance.3571 said:

Is it true you will need all the mounts unlocked to travel around the new zones easier?

Weird quesiton seeing how mobility is a major part of what mounts are. For that to not be true, they'd need to either lock the mounts (oof) or introduce something even better like instant teleports anywhere at anytime (also oof). So I think it's safe to say that "the mounts will help you with traveling around the new zones easier".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It will probably be similar to HoT and the base game maps: having all the mounts unlocked (or any of them) will make moving around faster and will make some places easier to reach but they won't be required for anything.

We'll know more after the announcement of course, but just like PoF was designed to be fully playable even if you hadn't done HoT and didn't have gliding or the other masteries I think EoD will be designed to work without mounts (or HoT masteries).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zityz.6089 said:

im sure they will incorporate both the traveling features from both PoF and HoT. I doubt they will make it so you NEED to have any of the premium mounts ( Roller Beatle, Griffon, Skyscale) but the general mounts I can see them incorporating them. Im sure they'll still have stuff like updrafts and bounce mushrooms as well.

Only if they're included in the expansion price.  There's no updrafts in PoF because HOT was sold seperately.

• Like 2

While travelling would definitely be easier with mounts,

I doubt they will be required for anything.

And I hope they won't put in mount specific things like Sand Portals for the jackal mount.

Those are features of PoF should only be required for stuff in PoF and Season 4.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

Given that each expansion added a new form of travel, I doubt we’ll need a mount. In fact, I’m going to bet the fresh addition will make mounts obsolete the way they did to gliding.

Pure guessing, though.

Gliding isn't obsolete at all.

In some ways it's even better than mounts.

For examples, it can be used in combat and it's significantly easier to maneuver.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

In most cases, you’ll find that players prefer using the griffon as opposed to gliding. Saying something is obsolete in this context doesn’t mean it’s useless. It means the majority will use an item more up-to-date. For example, cars made horse and buggies obsolete, yet the Amish still swear by them.

Regardless, it’s my humble opinion. My apologies if you believe otherwise, but that is an opinion too. Please, keep this in mind.

Again, my apologies if you believed I stated it as a fact.

Edited by Ardenwolfe.8590
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

In most cases, you’ll find that players prefer using the griffon as opposed to gliding. Saying something is obsolete in this context doesn’t mean it’s useless. It means the majority will use an item more up-to-date. For example, cars made horse and buggies obsolete, yet the Amish still swear by them.

Regardless, it’s my humble opinion. My apologies if you believe otherwise, but that is an opinion too. Please, keep this in mind.

Again, my apologies if you believed I stated it as a fact.

Gliding is inferior to a griffon in most ways, but when updrafts are present, which is a part of gliding, or leylines for that matter, gliding can be better than a griffon.

In a lot of zones after HoT, updrafts weren't added because people might own PoF or Season 4 without owning HoT but that's no longer the case. If the new expansion includes HoT than it can incorporate updrafts in such a way that gliding will be required.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Sarrs.4831 said:

You won't need them. Keep in mind you can get around practically all of the POF, LS4 and IBS zones without a mount, it just takes longer.

I'm sorry, but I must disagree with that.

That statement is false.

Most PoF maps require you to either glide through quicksand, Jump really high, or go through sand portals, so on so forth... to progress.

Especially in the desolation.

You cannot do the majority of events, including story without mounts in PoF.

Even the raptor is Essential for a couple of missions.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

I'm sorry, but I must disagree with that.

That statement is false.

Most PoF maps require you to either glide through quicksand, Jump really high, or go through sand portals, so on so forth... to progress.

Especially in the desolation.

You cannot do the majority of events, including story without mounts in PoF.

Even the raptor is Essential for a couple of missions.

Which isn't what I said; I said you can get around them all. Yeah you can't do the Lasso the Branded Hydra event, and you'll have a rough time getting through story steps.
Desolation, and to a degree Vabbi, are zones that feel absolutely awful if you don't have the appropriate mount - but you can stillo get from one end of Desolation to the other without the Skimmer.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2021 at 7:03 PM, wmtyrance.3571 said:

Is it true you will need all the mounts unlocked to travel around the new zones easier?

Yes, of course. Unless mounts are disabled, yes. That's what mounts do. They make traveling around zones easier. This applies to every zone in the game that allows mounts.

... is this thread a bait?😅

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sarrs.4831 said:

Which isn't what I said; I said you can get around them all. Yeah you can't do the Lasso the Branded Hydra event, and you'll have a rough time getting through story steps.
Desolation, and to a degree Vabbi, are zones that feel absolutely awful if you don't have the appropriate mount - but you can stillo get from one end of Desolation to the other without the Skimmer.

I'm sorry again,

But you just contradicted yourself.

You need mounts for a lot of the missions or you won't progress.

I hate to repeat myself, but the raptor is essential for a couple of missions.

The very first one right at the beggining being one of them.

Remember?

You need to jump from building to building to reach the fires above.

If that's not what you're saying, then please explain, because what it looks like is that you are stating that you don't need mounts, and that you can make your way around without them.

You cannot cross the cannion in the desolation, unless you have either the skimmer, or the jumping rabbit.

You can later unlock the jackal which makes things easier crossing the cannion.

You will get shredded to smithereens by jokos forces if you walk through without using the raptor at best. 

Hence why the mounts are part of the story.

Getting them on the first place IS part of the story.

So I don't know how you can find a way around that.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
Typo

15 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

If that's not what you're saying, then please explain, because what it looks like is that you are stating that you don't need mounts, and that you can make your way around without them.

I'm not talking about missions, I'm talking about the maps, and for the most part you can get around the maps without the mounts, they're just less convenient. Every map other than the Desolation is navigable without a mount, and if you know the map you can get through without one.

15 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Hence why the mounts are part of the story.

Getting them on the first place IS part of the story.

So I don't know how you can find a way around that.

Yeah you get a mount from the story, that's why you don't need one, it gives it to you lol.

8 hours ago, Sarrs.4831 said:

I'm talking about the maps, and for the most part you can get around the maps without the mounts, they're just less convenient. Every map other than the Desolation is navigable without a mount, and if you know the map you can get through without one.

Every map has areas that are only reachable with mounts. Fact.

Whether it's for part of the story or otherswise. 

You keep insisting, but let's make this clear once and for all. 

PoF maps are purposely designed for mounts.

Sure, you can walk about and kill a few monsters or even reach a few HP without them.

But saying that you can do the majority of it without mounts is a false statement. Period!

In fact it is quite the opposite. 

There's no argument here, so please don't persist. 

8 hours ago, Sarrs.4831 said:

Yeah you get a mount from the story, that's why you don't need one, it gives it to you lol.

Ok, This just makes no sense whatsoever.

There are so many conflicts in this statement that I'm not even going to try to figure out what is exactly that you are trying to explain here.

PS. If you insist, I will place every area in every Elonian map that are only reachable by using mounts, and it's going to be a massive list.

• Thanks 1

Mounts will carry on into EoD like gliding is still used in PoF. I still use gliding even with flyers, because there are times when you need an instant escape off a high area, or you need a bit more precision landing on a tight spot from a drop than mounts can give you.

• Like 1