Account Blocked For Security "Reasons"

Update I've lost count: 

Both of my accounts are, currently, active again but still unable to purchase anything from the gem store. My husbands account, Altair.2846, is now blocked without explanation. I suspect its because he too has used our debit cards to buy gems. 

To the previous posts regarding the legality of this, I am already speaking to counsel as I believe its discrimination and a violation of fair access practices. More to come. 

• Confused 1

• ArenaNet Staff

Hello, I've been looking into this for you to see if I can figure out what's going on. Customer Support has let me know that you're all clear on our side, and we're working with Digital River to get you all sorted out. Thank you for reaching out to support for this, and we're sorry it's taking so long. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Hello, I've been looking into this for you to see if I can figure out what's going on. Customer Support has let me know that you're all clear on our side, and we're working with Digital River to get you all sorted out. Thank you for reaching out to support for this, and we're sorry it's taking so long. 

My husbands account, altair.2846 is still blocked. He has opened ticket 8147607 for this issue. 

Update: 

Its been basically an entire day that my husbands account has been blocked. No response on his ticket. I emailed on my ticket given the issues are likely related and was told more or less to bugger off and mind my own business. 

Edited by AlphaWolf.2709

18 hours ago, AlphaWolf.2709 said:

Update: 

Its been basically an entire day that my husbands account has been blocked. No response on his ticket. I emailed on my ticket given the issues are likely related and was told more or less to bugger off and mind my own business. 

That sucks. The excellent employees who participate in these forums aside, ANet isn't really known as having a corporate culture that cares about maintaining good relationships with its players, as some pretty remarkable press releases will indicate. My first ticket about progress-halting bugs and disconnects didn't even merit a response. I was sent a "Hey! How did our CS do?" questionnaire some days later, and had to respond with "What CS?"

On the other hand,  I've seen some really nasty things said about devs/Anet in this forum (not by you, but just in general) be met with a very measured and considerate response, so it could just be a case of both sides thinking the grass is always meaner on the other side of the fence.

I hope this situation gets resolved quickly. Apparently, it was CS that told you to post in the forums. Having this problem linger isn't a good look, and since this seems to happen somewhat regularly, it makes me extremely wary of spending any more money on GW2 when it could all be taken away for no apparent reason, then restored .... when?

Edited by Danger Ferret.6342

To be fair, the CS policy is not to discuss any account-holder's case with another person.  It is a security issue.  I'm sure none of us would want our issues discussed with another person who could just be saying they are related.  Or, even if they were actually related, the CS Team has no idea what kind of relationship exists between the two.  Could be a vengeful ex-wife/husband/partner or, well, anything. 

• Thanks 2

On 6/8/2021 at 6:55 PM, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Unban me thanks!!

16 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

To be fair, the CS policy is not to discuss any account-holder's case with another person.  It is a security issue.  I'm sure none of us would want our issues discussed with another person who could just be saying they are related.  Or, even if they were actually related, the CS Team has no idea what kind of relationship exists between the two.  Could be a vengeful ex-wife/husband/partner or, well, anything. 

That's a sensible policy. Pretty much a standard for any company not to discuss a customer's private business with that company with anyone other than that customer. It just seems strange they would direct people to the forums on billing issues, since other than saying, "That happened to me too," or "I've never had that problem," it's something none of us could fix.

3 hours ago, Danger Ferret.6342 said:

That's a sensible policy. Pretty much a standard for any company not to discuss a customer's private business with that company with anyone other than that customer. It just seems strange they would direct people to the forums on billing issues, since other than saying, "That happened to me too," or "I've never had that problem," it's something none of us could fix.

Pretty sure the CS Team does not direct players to post on the forums for Billing issues, nor has the OP stated they did. 

• 3 weeks later...

My account was just blocked for security reasons.  I tried purchasing gems 4-5 times and it didn't work ticket (8176723).  Anet is looking into it.  That was yesterday.  Today, my account is now blocked for security reasons.  Ticket (8177023)  No response yet.  I would assume it will take a few hours. 

Should there be a disclaimer on this product?  DO NOT BUY GEMS!!  It will get you blocked...lolololololol.

I have several GW2 accounts. A couple days back I had some issues logging into my main account because there were some issues with the servers. Ok. After that I got the Message that my password and/or my email was wrong. It wasn't...I checked several times. So I contacted support. A day later I logged in into my other accounts to create new chars for storage purposes. all went well. another day goes buy...i try to relog into my alt accounts and it says that all of them have been closed for security reasons and that I should contact support. I did and today I finally got an answer that apparently all of my accounts have been banned PERMANENTLY because, and I quote : "participated in or were directly related to risky or malicious behavior".

I dont even know what that means. my alt accounts were never even really active. i never used them for anything besides storage and some daily chests. never wrote in chat or engaged with people otherwise. never used third party software besides arc dps, taco and a gw2 launcher to help speed up the processs. and as far as i know thats not prohibited?! 

I am desperate. I am a Gw2 Player since beta. i never did anything wrong. never botted, harrassed people or did anthing sketchy in this game...and now this?
and they cant even tell me why exactly they banned me in first place. 😞

I'm in the exact same position. My main account has been blocked and I have no idea why. I didn't even purchase gems within the last few days, my last gem purchase was last week. I'm also a loyal GW2 player, been playing since the first year of my undergraduate over 6 years ago till now, so my main account has so many fond and important memories and friends tied to it. I'm terrified I'll lose it all, and the 2 GMs that have responded have only given me generic responses which only add to my anxiety. I've invested so much time and money into my account and was looking forward to playing EoD with my friends and boyfriend. If my account gets perma banned I think I'd just be too depressed to re-gear another account, and just quit the game entirely... 

• 1 month later...

hello. My main account Jeyy.5028 is currently blocked and I have made a salty post 

Is there any way I can contact the aforementioned GMs yall speak of? I've been asking for progress on my ticket but no replies have come. How long am I suppose to wait? I'm aware they might be busy but I see forum post and reddit post everywhere saying they get responses on the third day so I'm a little on edge. 

Please I just wanna play this game 😞

23 hours ago, PureSmurfing.5286 said:

hello. My main account Jeyy.5028 is currently blocked and I have made a salty post 

Is there any way I can contact the aforementioned GMs yall speak of? I've been asking for progress on my ticket but no replies have come. How long am I suppose to wait? I'm aware they might be busy but I see forum post and reddit post everywhere saying they get responses on the third day so I'm a little on edge. 

Please I just wanna play this game 😞

You can update your ticket via email or via your Support Account.  (Asking for progress won't necessarily illicit a reply, but it does insure the ticket was not lost.)

That is, unless you've already received messages that the CS Team will no longer be replying.

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
typo