Hidden Arcana frustrations - No checkpoints, regular disconnects

Twice, yes twice I did the instance just to disconnect right before engaging the final boss.

Why... why are there no checkpoints?

Why do I have to play this long instance completely from the start?

Sorry, I love the game, but that this instance, where you are often teleported, has no checkpoints... that is beyond amateuristic.

Going in for 3rd (and i so HOPE) the last time.

This is unbelievable.

There are plenty of opportunities to put in checkpoints... one of the most annoying instances in this season 2 and most prone to disconnects.

Please... consider fixing this for future players to spare them the frustration I am currently experiencing.

• Like 4

Got the same disconnections at the final boss. A bit disappointed..Had the same issues back to the time these story chapters were just released, nothing seems to have been improved since those times

Edited by Gummoz.7493

It took me 3 tries.

I never EVER hope to have to play that instance EVER again.

This cannot be me, this has to be the instance.

And every single time you need to start from the very beginning.

Bleh.

Now Tracking the Aspect Master shows the same issue.

Disconnect 3 times already after defeating the Terragrif.

I ams eriously starting to wonder if this achievement is worth this frustration

Word to the wise... If you fail it once due to a disconnect, you may get the bug where it will fail on repeated attempts.   Log completely out of the game and then back in again before you attempt it a 2nd time.   It's bit of a pain, but it saves on the headache of d/c's in the middle of missions.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I did the instance with a party and had one member who has disconnected nearly every time when entering for the final boss. I did the instance at first with only him and it happened. Later I did it with others and him in the party and he disconnected when entering that final area again. I will let him know to make sure to log out and back in if it happens again to see if that helps him.

The final boss also is very buggy. He has a tendency to spawn the death circles on top of the fragility buff so you cannot get them at all. I ended up running him around until they disappeared and tried again but it took several tries before we could get into another phase so we could complete.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aerinndis.2730 said:

The final boss also is very buggy. He has a tendency to spawn the death circles on top of the fragility buff so you cannot get them at all. I ended up running him around until they disappeared and tried again but it took several tries before we could get into another phase so we could complete.  

Exactly.

I don't really care about the meta event rewards, so I'm moving onto something that works and is enjoyable. Good luck folks! I hope EoD is fun 🙂

Folks are wanting to get these done because of the ultimate rewards such as the gen 3 precursor choice, the 32 slot bag and the legendary amulet. I remember this particular instance being vexing. For those who still want the story achievements I really feel their pain as those are a pain to get. At least for these Bonus Events we just have to get through this instance. The next set won't be much fun either. 

9 minutes ago, Adorabelle.7193 said:

My game keeps crashing in this instance, tried 3 times now and it's crashed somewhere with the facets each time... No save points make this extremely frustrating.... Rip... 

Just a note: I left the sad emoji because I sympathize with your plight, not to mock you. I only point this out because the meaning of emojis and how they're used is a hot discussion in another thread. I came back to explain so you wouldn't feel I was mocking your frustration.

20 hours ago, Danger Ferret.6342 said:

Agreed. I consider this chapter one of the worst bits of video gaming I've ever been forced to experience. The mechanics are ridiculous, and being forced to do it multiple times because of repeated disconnects is beyond annoying.

Ohh Wow. We really had completely opposite experiences it seems. I kept thinking as I ran thou it that it was so refreshing with some cool mechanics again and not just hit stuff until it dies. I really liked Season 2 😧

Sad to hear you did not enjoy it 😞 But on a positive note. Season 3 soon 😄  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ThaKrulll.4150 said:

Ohh Wow. We really had completely opposite experiences it seems. I kept thinking as I ran thou it that it was so refreshing with some cool mechanics again and not just hit stuff until it dies. I really liked Season 2 😧

Sad to hear you did not enjoy it 😞 But on a positive note. Season 3 soon 😄  

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I actually like large parts of S2 and S3 ... well, and all the stories, really. Just that one particular chapter - while beautifully presented - drives me maaaaaaaaaaaad! See you in S3! Have fun 🙂

Edited by Danger Ferret.6342
spelling
  • Thanks 1

OK, just to get this straight: If you bug out during the boss fight (distorted facet of darkness) do you have to go back all the way to the beginning of of episode 5 "The Ghosts of Fort Salma?" Even we have all checked off except for Hidden Arcana?

I ask because I had the last facet down to 19% and the game reset. (Yeah I know there was a countdown but I thought 40 minutes was surely long enough. LOL.) So now when I go to Hidden Arcana the star is purple and when I enter it says "This is not your active story. Any progress will not be saved."

So where do I start from to get the achievement?

I hate this hidden arcana mission.  I have a couple accounts and am up to running this thing 6 times so far.  I had to run it twice on 1 account, as it dc'd after the final boss fight.  Now on the next account I am up to 4 times as it keeps dc'ing in the middle of Kas and Jory's end chat after beating the final boss.  This would not be super bad if you could skip all the inane blather they talk in this mission but you have to repeat all of it.  The fights don't take long after doing them a few times but since there are 4 parts and endless yapping this is really getting annoying. 

Other of these lw missions do this as well and always after the last fight.  Up until now it was always 2 times at most but this one is getting to the point of saying f this event.

On 6/8/2021 at 11:30 PM, Aerinndis.2730 said:

I'm less charitable with the entire design of these missions .. I suspect it was deliberately designed to do it to maximise the annoyance, becuase I see no other explanaition why this 'bug' should ever have existed, the progammer could and should have ensured this couldn't happen.

Hint: check where the shields are located and don't drop the boss' crap there!

Edited by Kraggy.4169

While I personally haven't had any bugs during the instance (though I don't doubt that others have), I find it extremely long and tedious. +1 to it needing checkpoints at the very least, and reducing the times a mechanic is needed to have been done to progress would be ideal.

• 2 months later...
On 6/9/2021 at 12:30 AM, Aerinndis.2730 said:

It's funny, because it's very unintuitive.

Just after commenting about it as a bug, I finally managed to get the color buff and the fragile at the same time. Not the immunity. The purpose of the buff isn't immunity, in contrast to earlier steps, but to remove the knockback.

A critical element of execution is running around to spread the damage areas so that you actually have a chance of picking up fragility reliably quick.

Edited by Aphandra.9672

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 11:16 PM, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

It took me 3 tries.

I never EVER hope to have to play that instance EVER again.

This cannot be me, this has to be the instance.

And every single time you need to start from the very beginning.

Bleh.

Now Tracking the Aspect Master shows the same issue.

Disconnect 3 times already after defeating the Terragrif.

I ams eriously starting to wonder if this achievement is worth this frustration

Hi, i'm still struggling and have done it four times now, did it just eventually work or is there something you did?