WARRIOR NEEDS COMPLETE REWORK (PVP AND PVE)

25 minutes ago, Math.5123 said:

Warrior sufferers in many of the same areas as core dps guard does. Mobility creep.

Every single rune that gives swiftness, superspeed or has a passive movement speed bonus should have it removed. Traits for all classes should be looked over to see how to best standardize 15/25/33/66/100 % bonuses among them and their respective classes and elite specializations. The distinction between low mobility and high mobility classes has gotten pretty muddled and it's been bothering me for ages to be honest. Because it does have a negative impact on the game and on balancing in general.

2 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I won't say that warrior don't need a lot of work, it does! That said it doesn't need a complete rework.

It would be nice if ANet's devs could spend a bit of time reworking all the trait with 300s CD (These traits are neither viable in PvP/WvW nor are they needed in PvE, they are a waste of traits slots).

It's a bit more than the 300s CD traits. Arms and Defense both need overhauls. There also needs to be some tweaks to Strength and Tactics. There are some weapon skills that need major QOL changes, namely 100blades, Flurry, and Skull crack. That is by no means an exhaustive list, but it would be a start.

Yea, and spellbreaker being the only decent build of warrior is full of cheese, just less so compared to other classes, still more cheese and less enjoyable to play then core warrior, 

only because there's literally no way for core warrior skills to function without spellbreaker CC spam+immob proc cheese, because literally every single classes else are cheese creeped so hard. like engi, nades ranged damage and holo forge busted melee? really? before that core engi chooses nade and will suffer in melee. unless use a utility slot for gear kit.

and reaper, full on ranged weapons and can just go in reaper shroud, like core necro it was actually punishing for people to get close to core necro, but reaper? no i have double range weapon to damage you from far and i will have stab and literally every damage in the world in melee as well. same goes for scourge with self centered aoes.

and daredevil, i dont even want to get started, 90% of the elite spec since HoT have killed PvP and is busted mechanically.

but i dont think warrior players choose warrior to play cheese like every other classes.

players choose warrior because they want good combat, not cheese teleport/instant cast/aoe spam

but yea, funny how this game has resulted to cheese spam, no wonder pvp isnt fun anymore.

cheese will keep nobody to the game.

they literally need to up all skill effect of warrior which has long cast time and visible animation that's fair and reactable.

Edited by felix.2386

6 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It's a bit more than the 300s CD traits. Arms and Defense both need overhauls. There also needs to be some tweaks to Strength and Tactics. There are some weapon skills that need major QOL changes, namely 100blades, Flurry, and Skull crack. That is by no means an exhaustive list, but it would be a start.

I'm generalizing when I say "the 300s CD traits", I'm not thinking about warrior alone there. And yes, like I said warrior need a lot of work, still not to the point of a complete rework.

Warrior in itself isn't a bad profession. It just doesn't feel like it's in the sweet spot in competitive mode. Which doesn't mean that it doesn't have solid builds in sPvP: signet builds have decent bursts damage, shouts builds are decent at supporting and abusing might gen can make you a decent bunker.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 3:02 PM, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

> barely deals any damage
I have screenshots in front of me, 8.9k throw axe and 9k decapitate, there's a vid from Vallun showing some nice 6k axe drop out of nowhere and axe2 does about the same, arching slice hits for 6k, dash hits for about 4/5k. All those skills are fairly telegraphed, but it's not like warrior lacks the way to land them; bull charge is 3s freecasting, tether will help there too. We're not talking about the pepega-tier damage of a soulbeast while bursting but the damage is there.

9k decapitate on spellbreaker? what are you gold bot rank?

i can't remember the last time i get hit by decapitate that's probably like 1 year ago.

also spellbreaker decapitate doesnt do 9k, unless you are getting memed on, not even, decapitate barely does 3k on a normal zerker build

Edited by felix.2386

23 hours ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Warrior has very high >>potential<< damage, the key word being >>potential<<.

The problem is that you quite often can't land that damage against opponents that are leaping/blinking around and spamming blind/cripple.

It doesn't need more damage. It needs better ways to land the damage it already has.

warrior always had "potential" damage because that's literally what they did as buff to warrior.

if you look at all main hand off hand axe and sword and mace buff history for pvp.

some even scale to more then 300% damage buff.

yet all of them are still useless,

(except maybe main hand axe, but nah, its useless again with tactic nerf and shouldn't even be on the same level as spellbreaker which is already low.)

yet they just keep going for more damage buff/might/vulnerability when people demanded mechanics for years, like they tripled rifle skill up time in one patch and added aoe on top, and rifle is still garbage, because the skill are garbage.

Edited by felix.2386

30 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

but i dont think warrior players choose warrior to play cheese like every other classes.

players choose warrior because they want good combat, not cheese teleport/instant cast/aoe spam

There's been some moments where players did exactly that though. Pre-cast time increase and visual animation update Skull Crack and later Condizerker Skull Grinder both got bandwagoned pretty hard the same way Burn DH got not too long ago before nerfs and the way Supp Scourge was/is being bandwagoned now.

5 minutes ago, Aktium.9506 said:

There's been some moments where players did exactly that though. Pre-cast time increase and visual animation update Skull Crack and later Condizerker Skull Grinder both got bandwagoned pretty hard the same way Burn DH got not too long ago before nerfs and the way Supp Scourge was/is being bandwagoned now.

doesnt care and didnt play, HoT was hot garbage indeed. HoT killed pvp and pvp community, i quit right after release.

i also would argue that berserker is also power creeped over core warrior, just lesser extend compared to spellbreaker.

both are mechanically creeped in the same way. just that headbutt is 18 seconds while full counter is 12, you would be surprised how similar these classes are in terms of gameplay in pvp, or not surprised.

Edited by felix.2386

7 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

doesnt care and didnt play, HoT was hot garbage indeed.

i would argue that berserker is also power creeped over core warrior, just lesser extend compared to spellbreaker.

both are mechanically creeped in the same way. just that headbutt is 18 seconds while full counter is 12, you would be surprised how similar these classes are in terms of gameplay in pvp, or not surprised.

Just pointing out that people have rolled Warr with the intent to cheese in the past. And the OG Skull Crack was pre-HoT. If you didn't play during that time, all you need to know is that it had half the current cast time, no aftercast at all and pretty much no telegraph to watch out for.

Just now, Aktium.9506 said:

Just pointing out that people have rolled Warr with the intent to cheese in the past. And the OG Skull Crack was pre-HoT. If you didn't play during that time, all you need to know is that it had half the current cast time, no aftercast at all and pretty much no telegraph to watch out for.

pre HoT skull crack was meme duel build just like PU condi braindead core mesmer

and had no place in serious organized 5v5. these were not meta buids, just cheese duel builds,

nobody bandwagoned vanilla skull crack unless you spend all day in 1v1 server and try to cheese people in 1v1, even so most self respectful warrior prefered gs in 1v1 builds,

i was hard-core core warrior main, i would know.

32 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I'm generalizing when I say "the 300s CD traits", I'm not thinking about warrior alone there. And yes, like I said warrior need a lot of work, still not to the point of a complete rework.

Oh I agree. Slapping +120s CDs on any trait was a bad call and just showed that whoever made  that balance decision has no place on the balance team. They claimed that they were waiting on changes from the dev team, but that apparently did not come through, so the CDs should be reverted.

32 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Warrior in itself isn't a bad profession. It just doesn't feel like it's in the sweet spot in competitive mode. Which doesn't mean that it doesn't have solid builds in sPvP: signet builds have decent bursts damage, shouts builds are decent at supporting and abusing might gen can make you a decent bunker.

It isn't bad by any means, just not great at anything other than CC spam that just stalls one other person turning the game into a 4v4.

Signet builds are meme. They would be better if Signet of Rage were instant cast, but as is that build has a ramp time and requires blowing an entire utility bar to get the kind of bursts other classes can get at 1/3 the action cost. Shouts are decent, but not great, and they got nerfed almost as soon as warrior's started running it frequently. Might gen is nerfed to the point that you are very hard pressed to create an actual bunker with it. You have to be in a 5v5 to maximize that potential.

I think most warriors would greatly appreciate a role that they can be BIS in for PvP, not relegated to Bubble Bots in WvW, and not relegated to Banner Slaves in PvE.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Math.5123 said:

They have the damage, but not the means to land it. Tether helps a lot with this though, but you actually have to land your abilities to attach it. 

why do i keep on hearing this? theres shield bash and bulls charge, if using tactics then the immob on cripple trait. spellbreaker has 2 ccs in its trait tree. axe + gs burst are must dodges on a short cd. any competent warrior should be able to burn thru defensive cds pretty fast. is this not the case somehow? if so then i don't think the problem is on wars side.

On 6/11/2021 at 11:29 AM, Rukasu.3097 said:

Quoting Anet: 

Berserker has been in a great place with strong support, power, and condition builds that are successful in all content.

So, what's your problem then? Kekw

Its funny but we all know they don't count spvp in "all content"

Let's not forget that Anet's answer to overperforming Elite Specs, is to carpet bomb Core Trait lines and effectively achieving anything but what they set out to do. At this point, I have no faith in ArenaNet's Balance Team. Absolutely none at all. They almost never touch what the actually issues are, and just blindly smite everything else.

They say they want more "build diversity", but every single balance patch they release only seems to pigeon hole us more and more. The conclusion? ArenaNet is bad at balance, but they're really good at Smiter's Booning stuff.  I'd love to see Warrior get the attention it deserves, but alas, we're all just screaming into the void; nobody is listening, and if they are, they don't care.

I'll say it, and I don't even care if I get banned; This Balance Team is the absolute worst I've ever seen in any game ever.

Edited by Keitaro Dragonheart.9047
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Keitaro Dragonheart.9047 said:

Let's not forget that Anet's answer to overperforming Elite Specs, is to carpet bomb Core Trait lines and effectively achieving anything but what they set out to do. At this point, I have no faith in ArenaNet's Balance Team. Absolutely none at all. They almost never touch what the actually issues are, and just blindly smite everything else.

They say they want more "build diversity", but every single balance patch they release only seems to pigeon hole us more and more. The conclusion? ArenaNet is bad at balance, but they're really good at Smiter's Booning stuff.  I'd love to see Warrior get the attention it deserves, but alas, we're all just screaming into the void; nobody is listening, and if they are, they don't care.

I'll say it, and I don't even care if I get banned; This Balance Team is the absolute worst I've ever seen in any game ever.

Well being in this game for 7 yrs and have had recently moved on I will say that u are not wrong.