What changes do you think professions need outsife of the upcoming EOD specs?

The Boz.2038

14 hours ago, Mediahead.3542 said:

I only want 2 things;

1. To have all utility skill types have their own healing and/or elite skills across all professions

2. For all utility skills to be useful underwater

First thing would require a severe rework of engineer utility skills, since all classes have access to 5 different skill types (meaning they would get 5 healing skills and 5 elite skills to chose from), while engineer just has 4 skill types.

So to make this really fair, they would have to rework 1 utility skill from each of engineers category into a skill of a new category (traps for example). Doesn't seem fair for engineer to have 1 less healing skill and elite skill than other classes.

30 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I think that elite transformations should have all their stat buffs, condition reduction,and pulsing boons removed. The boons can be traited though. After that make them stowable kits without CDs. Lich Form AA would need a small damage nerf though for that.

They would have to majorly rework the visuals of the transformations for this in my opinion.

Kits are just switching a weapon, the character stays the same and they just have an elixir gun in hand now instead of dual pistols, for example.

But with the transformations, it would be really weird to see enemies constantly switching between tiny necromancer and gigantic Lich, for example. Rampage is the same, it is just the character growing big and always become big and small like alice in wonderland with an eating disorder seems hella weird.

Also I have to say that I enjoy the transformation elites to be peaks of power for a limited time. This change would mean that elixir x basically just becomes another elite kit like mortar, but with the elixir tag added.

(Side note: I can't stress this enough, REWORK ELIXIR X dammit!!!! It should stop transforming you at random and have a fixed and unique transformation for the engineer!)

2 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

They would have to majorly rework the visuals of the transformations for this in my opinion.

I think there is a disconnect here between you and me. I used the term 'kit' in the general sense. I should have been more specific, I apologize. To be more clear in regards to game terms I mean that they should be turned into 'bundles' and thus have cast times and the regular transform animations. There should be a 3s cd before reusing the bundle once it is stowed.

Kits are just switching a weapon, the character stays the same and they just have an elixir gun in hand now instead of dual pistols, for example.

But with the transformations, it would be really weird to see enemies constantly switching between tiny necromancer and gigantic Lich, for example. Rampage is the same, it is just the character growing big and always become big and small like alice in wonderland with an eating disorder seems hella weird.

See my above mea culpa. 

Also I have to say that I enjoy the transformation elites to be peaks of power for a limited time. This change would mean that elixir x basically just becomes another elite kit like mortar, but with the elixir tag added.

(Side note: I can't stress this enough, REWORK ELIXIR X dammit!!!! It should stop transforming you at random and have a fixed and unique transformation for the engineer!)

It is my opinion that the Transformations would be functionally better if they were (and I will be correct here), bundles, with the nominal CD that weapon kits have. Because of making them more available for use, their passive modifiers, boon pulsing, and any effects they grant upon ending would have to be removed. These things can be added back in via traits, and those traits themselves would have to have CDs on the order of 15-30s to keep from being abused. Certain Transformations would have to have a few number tweaks, like Lich AA as I said previously.

If this were done you would get more intricate and useful rotations both in PvE, but also competitive play. They would be nerfed, but more available and with access to the utility bar and heal skill.

To me this would be much more preferable to using them for only 10-15s every 1.5-3 minutes. But that is my opinion, and I totally understand how someone else can feel different about it.

On 6/21/2021 at 7:06 PM, Daddy.8125 said:

What dont they to do

Elementalist

Weaver needs Redesigning

Tempest need Redesigning

Core needs Redesigning.

both elites Fulfill Roles Which arent needed at all in content., Pure DPS And Highest healing ability is just irrelevent to the game in current state. Core is made redundent because neither elite speccs lose anything.. Elites Need to have slightly altered attunements realistically either that or give core a 5th attunement.

This so much.

Why is  weaver a automatic improvement upon both instead of different combat style?

Core weaver and tempest should fit different roles in PVE SPVP and WVW.

I don't think its good for ele to be designed that way, since it really makes core undesireable all together when you can play weaver.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/21/2021 at 7:06 PM, Daddy.8125 said:

Necromancer

Redesign Scourge, Reaper and core are pretty fine, however Scourge is again too broken to exist.. it Artifically raises the bar of everything that will come in the furture and it needs bringing down.. but with current design u'd have to nerf it into Just being Bad to make it work out.. so just redesign it to work differently and maybe make its barrier self only.

Problem is, that barriers and heal is what nec can give in support.

If thats nerf, they won't be brought possibly anymore for support in raids, and nec might possibly revolt.

Edited by Axl.8924

Update fields and combo finishers mostly make all leaps make an aura of that field adding in an poison aura and a shadow aura as well as added in an earth field. Make all blast a boon or healing or barrier support no more aggressive blasting hits smoke will be still a stealth dark would be Fury, Ethereal would be a random boon, Ice would be Resolution, Poison would be reg (a bit odd but i am not sure what to put here), and Earth would be barrier or protection. Projectile finisher would all be condi dmg and Whirl finisher would be soft cc.

I started this game for combo fields and finishers game play. I think it is the best team work you can have in an mmorpg and the best way to build a real contention with ppl working out how to use your skills with each other.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Axl.8924 said:

Problem is, that barriers and heal is what nec can give in support.

If thats nerf, they won't be brought possibly anymore for support in raids, and nec might possibly revolt.

thats why i said redesign, not nerf.

Redesign the class to bring Support in a different way and work on a different functionality that is more inline with other supports to rever tthe power creep effectively. basically im saying Scrap the current iteration, and remake Scourge.

Edited by Daddy.8125

5 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

First thing would require a severe rework of engineer utility skills, since all classes have access to 5 different skill types (meaning they would get 5 healing skills and 5 elite skills to chose from), while engineer just has 4 skill types.

So to make this really fair, they would have to rework 1 utility skill from each of engineers category into a skill of a new category (traps for example). Doesn't seem fair for engineer to have 1 less healing skill and elite skill than other classes.

Even if they did that though, it still wouldn't be fair across the classes. With the obvious exception of revenant already out of the way, both guardian and mesmer would have 1 more heal skill than every other class, Since Shelter and Ether feast don't have associated skill types to them, and there aren't really any categories on the core classes that these fit in to. Although this problem could provide another potential solution to the issue surrounding engineer - by giving it a heal and an elite skill that don't have skill categories.

All classes should be changed in EoD, that they can take 3 Core Traitlines + 1 Elite Traitlines or 4 Core Traitlines if they dont play an Elite Specc.

That would be kind of a power creep, but without the need to improve stats on items and it would also make the classes more versatile and youd have more build diversity.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ThrakathNar.4537 said:

Even if they did that though, it still wouldn't be fair across the classes. With the obvious exception of revenant already out of the way, both guardian and mesmer would have 1 more heal skill than every other class, Since Shelter and Ether feast don't have associated skill types to them, and there aren't really any categories on the core classes that these fit in to. Although this problem could provide another potential solution to the issue surrounding engineer - by giving it a heal and an elite skill that don't have skill categories.

I think it is quite easy to add skill categories to them...

Shelter can be a Consecration, even works with the trait (less cooldown and longer duration, so in case of Shelter, you would block longer while healing).

Aether Feast could be made a Clone skill. While it doesn't create a clone itself, it heavily improves healing if you have clones active, so there is synergy. If there really need to be clones for it to be considered a clone skill, then just add that 1 clone is summoned after completing the channel.

I think if we go for such a system with 1 healing and elite skill for each category, so we can make proper use of traits and such, then we should be consistent with it.

6 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I think that elite transformations should have all their stat buffs, condition reduction,and pulsing boons removed. The boons can be traited though. After that make them stowable kits without CDs. Lich Form AA would need a small damage nerf though for that.

Believe me, you don't want that. You don't want to see summon madness and grim specter available on 30s CD. You absolutely, definitely don't. You don't want either elementalist's Tornado to be a "kit" (That would be hell! Worse than scourge at it's worst in sPvP). As for Rampage, it might be acceptable if there wasn't that much CC inbuilt within the kit.

36 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Shelter can be a Consecration, even works with the trait (less cooldown and longer duration, so in case of Shelter, you would block longer while healing).

Consecrations are about placing effects on the ground though, shelter is self-targeted. Not impossible, but it would be a huge outlier in the group.

8 minutes ago, ThrakathNar.4537 said:

Consecrations are about placing effects on the ground though, shelter is self-targeted. Not impossible, but it would be a huge outlier in the group.

I think exceptions are fine, especially if they belong into the healing skill category.

Look for physical skills for example. Physical skills are targeting the enemy, mostly also with hard CC associated. The only physical skills which are not doing anything to the enemy are both healing skills from warrior and daredevil respectively, they are just healing the character itself with some added effects. And it's not like healing skills couldn't target enemies in general, we have quite some aggressive healing skills.

So I think shelter would just be one of these exceptions where the healing skill acts slightly different than the rest of the category. And it even makes perfect sense thematically. Like, come on, the skill is called shelter, if that doesn't sound fitting to consecrations which have names like hollowed ground, sanctuary, etc..

22 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Believe me, you don't want that. You don't want to see summon madness and grim specter available on 30s CD. You absolutely, definitely don't. You don't want either elementalist's Tornado to be a "kit" (That would be hell! Worse than scourge at it's worst in sPvP). As for Rampage, it might be acceptable if there wasn't that much CC inbuilt within the kit.

At least it would fix elixir x's problem of "getting the wrong transformation" by allowing you to try again in 3 seconds, haha.

(END THIS AGONY REWORK ELIXIR X)

23 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

At least it would fix elixir x's problem of "getting the wrong transformation" by allowing you to try again in 3 seconds, haha.

(END THIS AGONY REWORK ELIXIR X)

Well, elixir X is a whole beast on it's own. Shorter CD than both rampage and tornado and longer duration than both when traited. Does it still grant the old plagueform underwater?

Edit: If the build editor is accurate for the skill underwater, it's totally hilarious.

Edited by Dadnir.5038

6 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Well, elixir X is a whole beast on it's own. Shorter CD than both rampage and tornado and longer duration than both when traited. Does it still grant the old plagueform underwater?

Edit: If the build editor is accurate for the skill underwater, it's totally hilarious.

It still grants the old underwater plague, yes. Anet doesn't care about underwater stuff or elixir x for that matter. ^^

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Hey, I moonlight as a Reaper so maybe I do want to see it 😉.

I did state though that the more powerful aspects of the transformation would have to be revisited if such a change happened. Summon Madness for instance could end up summoning fewer minions.

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Hey, I moonlight as a Reaper so maybe I do want to see it 😉.

I did state though that the more powerful aspects of the transformation would have to be revisited if such a change happened. Summon Madness for instance could end up summoning fewer minions.

While we're at it, let's nerf the name from "Summon Madness" to "Summon Slight Derangement".

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

This so much.

Why is  weaver a automatic improvement upon both instead of different combat style?

Core weaver and tempest should fit different roles in PVE SPVP and WVW.

I don't think its good for ele to be designed that way, since it really makes core undesireable all together when you can play weaver.

It's even worse when you understand that attunement weaving is one of the problems ele suffers from, and weaver magnifies that problem manifold.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's even worse when you understand that attunement weaving is one of the problems ele suffers from, and weaver magnifies that problem manifold.

Well changing from elements does have like a 3 sec cd between each element, so   if you are tempest building fire, you lose 3 sec from going from fire to air, and those seconds ticked off do help it make feel worse when trying to go in to nuke a enemy, especially if you want fresh air as well as a added bonus besides fire.

Edited by Axl.8924

8 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

Well changing from elements does have like a 3 sec cd between each element, so   if you are tempest building fire, you lose 3 sec from going from fire to air, and those seconds ticked off do help it make feel worse when trying to go in to nuke a enemy, especially if you want fresh air as well as a added bonus besides fire.

That's not what i meant. My point was that attunement dancing (having to switch between attunements in order to maximize your dps), is something that usually made ele rotations more complex than those of most other classes - and it's even more pronounced in weaver, that needs to juggle two attunements at once. If you need to work twice as hard to get roughly the same results... well, that isn't good. And that's at the top level of play - at average player level you will simply be doing much lower dps than others, because their rotations are simpler, and even if they mess it up, they can still get more out of it than you.

And no, there's not much chance of Anet allowing Ele to (again) reach much better dps values than other classes on account of that. That ship has sailed long ago.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Blumpf.2518 said:

All classes should be changed in EoD, that they can take 3 Core Traitlines + 1 Elite Traitlines or 4 Core Traitlines if they dont play an Elite Specc.

That would be kind of a power creep, but without the need to improve stats on items and it would also make the classes more versatile and youd have more build diversity.

that'd make core classes broken AF and get core trait lines nerfed into the ground i cannot explain how busted 4 traitlines would be xD.. ur not increasing diversity, ur just repeating the same problem the other way around. Core classes would just completely outdo Elite speccs.

• Like 1

Has been said already, but the 300s CD traits really need a rework.

I think core Engi, Ele, and Mes need some attention. Not sure what to do with Ele and Mes, but my personal fav change to see on core Engi would to give it access to an additional kit (usable via weapon swap). 

I think core Ranger is just fine, but the pet AI could use some updating, as well as some of the core pets and their skills 

I think some CC needs to be reevaluated in competitive modes to restore damage to certain (not all) skills. 

I would love to see ANet introduce some more skills that apply reveal (on classes that don't have access to it) and more skills that can finish enemy players. 

My biggest wishes are for Druid and Support/Ventari Herald to be more formidable supports in competitive modes. Both of these support choices have taken the backburner a bit and have never really had their time to shine too brightly in PvP/WvW. With EoD quickly approaching, I fear they will both be forgotten for the new e-specs.

• Like 1