Uhm..... is there any Anime / 3D movies adaptation of GW2?

1 minute ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think the reason the Warcraft movie left a lot of stuff out is because they were specifically adapting Warcraft 1 (which was subtitled Orcs and Humans and mainly featured those two races). I suspect the plan was to follow it up with movies based on Warcraft 2 and 3 and some parts of the MMO.

Personally I think they should have adapted the short story The Last Guardian which is all about Medivh and Gul'dan and why they thought it was a good idea to tear a hole in reality. Make it a bit more of a drama and a bit more character focused (without having to shoe-horn in new characters). I also think part of the problem was the props and sets were too similar to the games, which clashes with the live action and made a lot of things look too obviously like plastic props, with the overall effect being that it looked cheap and poorly done. I found it especially weird that they kept the colour-coded roofs (a mechanic from the RTS games).

Partially because of that I think a Guild Wars movie would probably work better if it was animated (so everything looks like it belongs together, whether they keep to the games art style or change it) and potentially telling its own story rather than following the story of the game. Maybe adapt one of the books, or write an original story about another group of Pact soldiers so it's telling the story of the campaign against the dragons but from a different perspective.)

So there's been a couple of good ones. That's not new. The 1995 Mortal Kombat movie was good too (although the CGI cartoon prequel and the live action sequel were both terrible) and the first Resident Evil film was pretty popular (although I think expectations are lower for horror movies generally). The fact that there are occasionally ones which aren't terrible doesn't mean the genre as a whole is reliably good or that there's not going to be other terrible ones in future.

The 1995 Mortal Kombat good? LOLOL

• Like 1

Anime adaption of a game with such a gigantic variety of main characters? Not gonna happen. If there was ever an anime or movie adaptation of anything Guild Wars 2 (or Guild Wars 1) related it's going to be the novels. That would make sense as the novels have set plot with certain, well defined, main characters.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

Well, for starters, Detective Pikachu was good. Also the new Mortal Kombat. The days of terrible Uwe Boll movies are over. So yes, you are stuck in the past.

No they aren't, not for movies in general, much less video game ones.  Hollywood only knows how to pump out mindless crap, with the occasional merely "Ok" one, and there is no reason to think that's going to change anytime soon.

Edited by The Greyhawk.9107
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2021 at 10:18 PM, Zero.1972 said:

Hi there, just asking if there is or will be any GW2 movie 3D / anime? I would love to watch it! Why not?

What is your thoughts everyone?
I'd like to see GW2 go out with a bang! A movie or Anime!!

i dont think gw2 is going anywhere so i dont know why you have used the word bang here .

also to the topic ,hollywood or in the case of netflix both have been pretty bad when it comes to movies or anime being made out of video games . 

Edited by valkyrie.4563
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

No they aren't, not for movies in general, much less video game ones.  Hollywood only knows how to pump out mindless crap, with the occasional merely "Ok" one, and there is no reason to think that's going to change anytime soon.

Then watch indies or French cinema? No one's forcing you to watch Hollywood.

• Confused 1

On 6/23/2021 at 5:09 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Is Guild Wars 2 'going out' (with or without said bang)...and soon?

I missed the memo, evidently.  😕

No. The only memo to get here is people are *always* talking about the end of this game, and/or the “inevitable” GW3.  And yet after 9 years, this game is going strong and no hint of a third game.  Which is a much better outcome than constantly gamehopping from sequel to sequel, but it won’t stop people from moaning the game is dying or already dead.  Nothing will stop that entirely 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2021 at 1:59 PM, maddoctor.2738 said:

Anime adaption of a game with such a gigantic variety of main characters? Not gonna happen. If there was ever an anime or movie adaptation of anything Guild Wars 2 (or Guild Wars 1) related it's going to be the novels. That would make sense as the novels have set plot with certain, well defined, main characters.

I mean they made a WoW adaption and that came has easily 3 times the number of playable races.  I never got around to seeing that movie because I don’t play the game (I still want to see it even though people say it’s bad).  I don’t know what their solution was, but having a massive pool of main character appearances and personalities doesn’t stop movie makers from doing their thing

16 hours ago, Fenom.9457 said:

I mean they made a WoW adaption and that came has easily 3 times the number of playable races.  I never got around to seeing that movie because I don’t play the game (I still want to see it even though people say it’s bad).  I don’t know what their solution was, but having a massive pool of main character appearances and personalities doesn’t stop movie makers from doing their thing

If you are talking about the Warcraft movie, it has nothing to do with what players characters do in WoW. Which is exactly what I said they'd do if they made a movie/anime/series/whatever based on the Guild Wars license (1 or 2), either a prequel, a sequel, a story between the two games, or a side story. To my knowledge, there has never been an mmorpg adaptation in any form, that specified a fixed  "main character", that would be suicide.

Take a look at the negative reactions towards the latest Mortal Kombat movie, where they added a brand new character, instead of using a well established character. That's the same feeling you'd get if they added a "commander" with traits you don't like. Heck, in the cutscene where Scarlet dies, they used a female Norn commander, that also got a lot of reactions from the community.

• Like 1

The warcraft movie was actually pretty good. It was story and lore driven from the game, it told the story of how the Orcs came to Azeroth. People like to hate on things to give them a following on social media 🙄Its like no one can think for themselves anymore and have to listen to influencers to like or not like something lol. I enjoyed the movie and so did friends who never even played wow. They took it for what it was , a fantasy driven story.

Also not a movie but many fan made videos on youtube that are amazing! Like this one makes me cry every time, the music is set perfectly to the video!

Edited by Zuldari.3940
added