Am I doing it okay?

I recently noticed some increase of usage and LFG for dungeons, especially 30-35 level one with both story and exploration, I started to farm some easy peasy silver by doing that all day long since it is somewhat hard to keep up in game economy in this game that or I have to own expansions farm properly, either way, I'm farming Ascalon dungeon now and it grants me 25silver and a bonus 50silver as "event completed" I do not know if this is a permanent reward (god I hope so) but it is the most casual friendly way to farm silver I found so far.

My question is: am I doing it in a correct way? like is there any "side effects" doing this farm? Is it worth it? It is actually fast run so I think its a good way to farm a bit of silver. People having billions of gold in this game but this is most friendly way ı found. If you have better ideas or suggestions (for base game, no expansions as I don't own them) feel free to write here,

Thanks

If you enjoy doing it and think the profit is reasonable then you're doing it right. 🙂

That 50 silver bonus is available once per day, the first time you complete that dungeon path. (Different paths give different amounts, you can see a full list on the Wiki.)

One thing you do need to be aware of is that dungeons are subject to Diminishing Returns, which is a system Anet put in place to stop players farming one area of the game exclusively. If you repeat the same path over and over you will get lower rewards each time. To reset that and get the full reward again you need to wait at least an hour before repeating the same path. If you keep doing different paths you won't have that problem, and will also progress the Dungeon Frequenter achievement, which gives you 5 gold and a choice of dungeon tokens whenever you complete 8 different dungeon paths.

Other easy ways to make gold:

• Do any 3 daily achievements and you'll get 2g.
  • Gather and sell crafting materials (if you don't need them for crafting).
  • Sell any weapons, armour etc. you don't need on the Trading Post rather than to a merchant, or salvage them and sell the materials.
  • Fighting world bosses gives you at least 1 rare item per day which can be salvaged or sold, plus some other items and a rare chance at very valuable items.
  • If you're level 80 you can go to Silverwastes (which is a base game map) and do the meta-event chain there which doesn't give much gold directly but does give lots of items you can sell or salvage.

(Although the people who have huge amounts of gold likely don't use these methods, except maybe when they were starting out. They mainly get gold from "playing" the trading post - predicting shifts in supply and demand and buying things cheaply to later sell for a profit. It can be very effective but it can also take a lot of time, including ideally needing to be online right when new updates go live, and it's quite different from playing GW2 normally so personally I wouldn't recommend doing that unless you enjoy the process. If you just want to afford some nice stuff for your characters it's better to play for fun and save up.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since you like some easy and relaxed way to farm gold and do dungeons.
There is an achievement called "Dungeon Frequenter".

You have to do 8 different dungeons (including exploration paths and story line) and you receive 5g flat and a chest with selectable dungeon currency.
This achievement can be done infinitely per day. So as fast as you can and as often as you want  🙂

In conclusion:
Ascalon story, caudecus story, twilight story, path 1 and 2 of sorrows embrace, p1 and p2 of flame citadel and p1 and p2 of caudecus are all quite easy and relaxing to do (if i remember correctly).

If you do those, you have a net income of 9g per 8 dungeons at least, plus mats and things you get in addition, you have some different things to see (not always the same dungeon) and you might find more people for that achiev in lfg too.

I would join for some runs too if you like 🙂

Greetings

Edited by theCypher.9406
  • Like 4

Some quick daily quests for gold:

0. Any 3 daily quests from the daily achievements panel, you can choose the easiest ones (gathering) and mix them with event, adventures or even PvP and WvW if that's your thing. This is 2gold cash ez daily.

• 1. Tequatl world boss, 2gold and some chests with chance for an ascended weapon. Just be there 20 min before the start of the event to avoid "map full" issues

2. Only if you don't mind icebrood saga spoilers, Dragonstorm, 2gold and chance for an exotic weapon that can be sold for 20-40g, and very tiny chance for an ascended greatsword. You don't need to actually have IBS purchased/unlocked to do this event

3. Ley Line Anomaly, just check in the event timer where it spawns and follow the group. It's a daily mystic coin which can be sold for 2g or kept if you ever want to craft legendaries.

This is potentially 8gold per day with minimum effort if you sell the mystic coin.

47 minutes ago, Boh.4568 said:

2. Only if you don't mind icebrood saga spoilers, Dragonstorm, 2gold and chance for an exotic weapon that can be sold for 20-40g, and very tiny chance for an ascended greatsword. You don't need to actually have IBS purchased/unlocked to do this event

How do you access it without IBS unlocked? I didn't think it was possible to get to the Eye of the North without at least one of the relevant episodes unlocked.

41 minutes ago, Harfang.1507 said:

Yes, you can access Eye of the North without having done any IBS. Each of your characters even received an in-game mail to let you know. If you also played the original GW, you may have a gizmo lying around in your bank that lets you teleport there.

That is not the same eye of the north mate.

And the exotic weapon from dragonstorm is not worth 20-40 gold after they added the boxes for 1g and100 seals bud.

Edit

Apparently they still are that expensive my bad.

Edited by Linken.6345

the best way is of course, the way you enjoy the most. if you enjoy running 10 dungeons, that's better than a single run of something you detest.

I haven't seen it posted yet, so don't forget about Fractals of the Mists. Fun instances that just spew gold coins in your direction, the higher you go, the more reward. Give it a try!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Harfang.1507 said:

Yes, you can access Eye of the North without having done any IBS. Each of your characters even received an in-game mail to let you know. If you also played the original GW, you may have a gizmo lying around in your bank that lets you teleport there.

Maybe it's because my core-only account doesn't have a level 80 character that I never got the mail and don't have the waypoint unlocked.

Everyone can get the thing that teleports you there from one of the skritt in Lion's Arch (if you haven't linked a GW1 account the merchant just says something about not having anything to offer you), but as @Linken.6345said it still takes you to the old empty version and there's no way to go from that to the hub version.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Maybe it's because my core-only account doesn't have a level 80 character that I never got the mail and don't have the waypoint unlocked.

Everyone can get the thing that teleports you there from one of the skritt in Lion's Arch (if you haven't linked a GW1 account the merchant just says something about not having anything to offer you), but as @Linken.6345said it still takes you to the old empty version and there's no way to go from that to the hub version.

Can you use a TP to friend?