Windows 11 with GW2, so far so good with fps increase

Hiho,

First my spec is: 3600 Ryzen, Vega 64, 32 GB RAM. I install a new Windows 11 build and test here and there. So far I noticed a difference between both windows builds. There is increase around 10-15 fps with or without d9d12, compared with Windows 10 same settings. Far less "shatterer" so  0.1% and 0,01% low fps increase too with the "normal" version of gw2, which was a bit surprise. Did anyone installed it Windows 11 too and have the same experience?

Greetings Madjoh

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Why do you think that is?

Didn't read up on Win11 much yet, did they implement something into it that would inprove game performance?

Better usage from "single thread" and gpu has direct access at the ram. And a bit less "extra" package from windows 10. But the my other tested games works bit better too. (My tested games, AC Valhalla and Neverwinter )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Madjoh.6054 said:

Better usage from "single thread" and gpu has direct access at the ram. And a bit less "extra" package from windows 10. But the my other tested games works bit better too. (My tested games, AC Valhalla and Neverwinter )

Ah yes, that single thread performance must be why it runs better. Gw2 is heavily reliant on single thread.

• Like 2

I wasn't aware windows 11 was legally out for outside testers, much less for random people...

1 hour ago, Madjoh.6054 said:

And a bit less "extra" package from windows 10.

For now. Early versions are always more barebones than the final release. You can be sure that there will be more bloat slowing everything down in the final version

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I wasn't aware windows 11 was legally out for outside testers, much less for random people...

For now. Early versions are always more barebones than the final release. You can be sure that there will be more bloat slowing everything down in the final version

Got the email today:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/free-windows-11-upgrade-how-to-download-the-insider-preview-build-today-to-try-it-early/?ftag=CAD3c77551&bhid=23527757115854546816549812502564&mid=13418054&cid=534731837

• Like 1

My version is total legal and direct from the insider programm. Dont override Win 10, if you dont need too. Do it with a 2. Windows 10 installation and upgrade it to 11. This version is stable, but you can still lost some data, when you trust 11 alone.

8 hours ago, wolfsblut.9435 said:

Do not get to excited - look at the requirements first. >= Coffee Lake ?

So older PCs that could need any boost could not benefit at all.

The recommendation is new and high, because of the TMP.  Older Chips doesnt have that and I dont understand why Win 11 needs it...

The best part of Windows 11 is that it requires a DirectX 12 capable GPU. Meaning all games running on Windows 11 will be sure to use DirectX 12 going forward and Windows 10 support ends in 2025. So after that. Maybe at that point Arenanet will ditch Windows XP support and move away of DirectX 9. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, maddoctor.2738 said:

The best part of Windows 11 is that it requires a DirectX 12 capable GPU. Meaning all games running on Windows 11 will be sure to use DirectX 12 going forward and Windows 10 support ends in 2025. So after that. Maybe at that point Arenanet will ditch Windows XP support and move away of DirectX 9. 

I don't think ANet even can move away from dx9 due to spaghetti code. I could be wrong, just quoting what I see around here. Uh ohs.

"

18 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Running Windows 11 Alpha ... claims it's "stable"  🙄

So long no crashes or blue screens or something like that. 2 times i had a wiered sound bug, like an old school short scratching. Barely noticeable, but it was there. Yeah, it is so far stable. And updates comming in.

16 hours ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Oh hell no! Its too risky im not bricking my pc.

Yeah, there is a risk included, but bricking a PC isn't that. you dont change any firmwire like that. A reinstallment of a Win Op is possible, nearly likely. There will be soon some Beta Builds. The biggest lost is that you just loosing time for trying out.