Please make more content like Chalice of Tears

JP like CoT are in the game to validate Mesmers as a profession.

Who cares if the JP is part of multiple achievements, who cares if you use a Mesmer to complete it? 

i completed CoT at launch with the masses and since then have gone back 3 times using a Mesmer port service each time for whatever task I needed doing.  I don’t know if Anet designs content for professions that can portal in mind, but i assume they do. Use the mesmer portal, tip a couple gold, enjoy the next bit of content, save your tears for something that really matters. 

Want to make more of them? Fine, but can we PLEASE stop making them a REQUIREMENT for meta achievements, for kitten's sake. We don't have to do every single thing for most meta achievements; they're 'do 10 of 12' type things. I am bad at JPs, I hate JPs, and I'm currently on my 3rd kittening run of CoT because of a meta achievement REQUIRING it and not counting it retroactively.

ANet, if you aren't gonna make us do every Dragon Bash Feat annually, which are all simple things like '15 laps of the race' or 'eat 1k Zhaitaffy', why the kitten do we have to do this puzzle?

And before the 'git gud' trolls come on here, I have a severe coordination medical issue

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/9/2021 at 5:49 AM, kenny.7236 said:

Just don't make it a requirement for any achievements

It can be an achievement, it just needs to not be REQUIRED to progress the meta achievement (Hell, it can even be an option to progress it, just not a mandatory part).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Leoburn.6427 said:

Want to make more of them? Fine, but can we PLEASE stop making them a REQUIREMENT for meta achievements, for kitten's sake. We don't have to do every single thing for most meta achievements; they're 'do 10 of 12' type things. I am bad at JPs, I hate JPs, and I'm currently on my 3rd kittening run of CoT because of a meta achievement REQUIRING it and not counting it retroactively.

ANet, if you aren't gonna make us do every Dragon Bash Feat annually, which are all simple things like '15 laps of the race' or 'eat 1k Zhaitaffy', why the kitten do we have to do this puzzle?

And before the 'git gud' trolls come on here, I have a severe coordination medical issue

Have they ever been required for a meta achievement?  I don’t remember them being so. Meta achievements for Legendaries do not count. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

Does it prevent you from asking friendly mesmers for help?

Currently sitting on the map waiting for some. That does not make it fun or engaging.

I'm fine with there being more JPs, and I'm fine with them counting towards meta achievements; just please stop making them requirements. It's for combat gear; why are we being forced into doing non-combat stuff? I would happily do story instances, dungeons, map events, raids or fractals; instead, my hold up is waiting for people who can help me jump between rocks....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Leoburn.6427 said:

Currently sitting on the map waiting for some. That does not make it fun or engaging.

I'm fine with there being more JPs, and I'm fine with them counting towards meta achievements; just please stop making them requirements. It's for combat gear; why are we being forced into doing non-combat stuff? I would happily do story instances, dungeons, map events, raids or fractals; instead, my hold up is waiting for people who can help me jump between rocks....

Try checking the LFG or posting your own asking for help. 

The JP has only been required for meta achievements that go towards legendaries. I don’t believe it was required for the meta achievement for the map when it was released. 

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Leoburn.6427 said:

So you're saying you're perfectly capable of completing this achievement JP even if it's required for the meta achi?

Edited by Krzysztof.5973
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

So you're saying you're perfectly capable of completing this achievement JP for the even if it's required for the meta achi?

No, I'm saying I need to be carried through it, and if it wasn't required I'd just skip it and save myself and others the time

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Leoburn.6427 said:

That's what I meant by 'sitting on the map'

Well I’ve seen other people who have sat on a map for things waiting for someone to help them on their specific map instance. For example, someone siting at the start of a JP (or the end in some cases) hoping for a port. That’s why I suggested the LFG. 

4 hours ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

Have they ever been required for a meta achievement?  I don’t remember them being so. Meta achievements for Legendaries do not count. 

Yes, at some point wintersday JP was required to do the wintersday yearly meta. That has been changed since. I'm not sure about clocktower but i think it might have been required at one point also, as i remember being very desperate about doing it, and i don;t feel anything like this lately (because nowadays we do have other options).

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Yes, at some point wintersday JP was required to do the wintersday yearly meta. That has been changed since. I'm not sure about clocktower but i think it might have been required at one point also, as i remember being very desperate about doing it, and i don;t feel anything like this lately (because nowadays we do have other options).

imo it's a different story with jps that force you to finish within a set time limit or you auto-fail.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

imo it's a different story with jps that force you to finish within a set time limit or you auto-fail.

That's a case of personal preferences. I don;t personally like JPs with any kind of time pressure, but there are people that don't understand it might even be a problem. In the end it's just one of many methods of raising difficulty of JP, with each method appealing to a different group of players.

At least Wintersday JP does not have a mismatch between hitboxes and visuals Chalice bases its whole difficulty on.

Hint: i hate clockwork probably more than i hate Chalice, but, unlike with Chalice, i do not think it is badly designed. Clockwork Tower is well-designed, i just  don;t like that kind of design. Chalice however is just plain broken.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That's a case of personal preferences

No, it's not.

Hint: It's the case of setting the required tempo of going through the content, which makes a major difference and can make even potentially easier content into something much harder than it really is. Even moreso when someone suffers from fps drops (or constant low fps). So no, not "personal preference" (as I don't have problem with either, BUT the clockwork was pretty much impossible with kitten fps).

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I will remember that answer for the next time we'd be discussing raid encounter enrage timers 😛

Luckily it has no relevance there, because of how the "timers" are set between these 2 things.

Hint: one is pretty kitten tight, the other isn't at all, but I appreciate the effort 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Hm, I love the area but I hate the JP for its insane difficulty, the requirements for the checkpoints and the amount of rewards that are locked behind this. (Aurora, New leggy amulet, Mursaat tokens)

But I want to give a big thumb-up to the community because now with the LWS3 retro event, there are many helpful players that port groups and individuals from checkpoint to checkpoint allowing me to skip doing it one more time. 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

But I want to give a big thumb-up to the community because now with the LWS3 retro event, there are many helpful players that port groups and individuals from checkpoint to checkpoint allowing me to skip doing it one more time. 👍

It's just so sad that, again, the community needs to unite against Anet's wild ideas.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's just so sad that, again, the community needs to unite against Anet's wild ideas.

Well, some love it, some hate it. I'm glad that it is there because it is a beautiful, unique and challenging jumping puzzle. It's just a bit unfortunate that so many critical achievements are indirectly requiring it because this forces players who do not like it or are unable to do it to go there.

• Like 1