Legendary armory doesn't feel that nice to me

6 hours ago, iriyabran.6218 said:

So the armory kinda forces you to buy equipment template slots.

What a surprise.

And if only they had actually designed a build/equipment *template* system in the first place.

But they didn't.

They designed a *loadout* system and misnamed it.

And limited it absurdly.

And monetised it disgustingly.

If only there was an amazing template system available.

Oh wait, there was, it was called arc templates... but Anet forced its developer to disable it when they launched their own kitten system.

And now here we are.

With another system that still doesn't quite work.

Fun times.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Seems like the "free" Armory was a way to increase sales of equipment templates in the gem store...😉

That's not even a problem to me. But 500 gems for one slot on a single toon is absurd, especially when a new character slot is 800....

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 5

When I heard it was called an Armory, I made two very incorrect assumptions:

#1: That I could view this armory somehow.  Like, on my hero panel or in a bank tab.

#2: That I could take items out of, and also put items into, that armory. 

I'm not a big fan of the whole thing where they delete the item and make it appear as an option when messing around with the build templates.  

• Like 6

I had to buy another (last) equipment template for my ranger.  Because I play as a druid and it is extremely inconvenient for me to insert runes again after each desmina or samarog. So, now i have 2 tempates with longbow and staff. Of course there was an option to wear ascended weapon. But, what for i did lege in this case? 

Now I feel the legendary wardrobe as a punishment for me for making a legendary weapon. This problem has existed before. And I had a one spare ascended longbow for solve it. Bun now I need even more spare ascended weapons then before. It seems to me that this wasnt supposed to work like that. 

I was hoping that you will solve this problem with release of legendary wardrobe. But it seems that you didnt even notice it and now it only got worse. When are you planning to solve it?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not a fan of this, either. Just came back to the game from a long absence and now I can't switch legendaries between my characters anymore. I'm not going to reapply stats and infusions every time I want to do this. It's ridiculous. It should have worked the same way for both armor and weapons. Or it should not have gone live.

I actually like the system.  It's as easy to use as the wardrobe system.  (I still remember the PvP locker).  It's actually gotten me to start making  legendaries.  Without the armory, legendaries didn't really have the convenience factor that supports the price tag on them.  Using legendaries is as tedious as unlimited gathering tools.

A lot of people got used to playing with triple weapon swaps.  Game was never meant for that.

One thing I agree with, the price tag of build and equipment slots are steep.  Much too high for a single character system.

I think we need a separate option tab that we often use when selecting the stats, sigils or runes, and infusion.
It would be relatively useful to have a separate tab by selecting the stat that is frequently used as a check box such as a star.
I think it will also be good to show the options you used just before.

I'm pretty happy now that suddenly ALL of my light armor characters have legendary armor for not additional time grinding.  this is a HUGE plus to us folks with few legendaries.  I wasn't going to go the grind for any more legendaries but now I'm getting the trinkets and the rings - because one set of grinding gets me legendary items for all by avatars!

I'd heard about the loss of runs and such on swap, but I don't have enough legendaries to do swapping so it doesn't matter to me - again a plus for us folks with few legendaries now that the three legendary wepaons I do have can be shared around.

I do hear that some changes to how the UI works are on the way and if they make life easier then great.

On 7/13/2021 at 6:52 PM, iriyabran.6218 said:

I don't like how the legendaries can't be pulled in the inventory.

I had hopes that we would be able to pull an item the same way we do with achievement point skins.

For example on my thief I used the same berserker gear for daredevil and deadeye. I only switched rifle and staff from my inventory. Now when I equip my rifle instead of having a staff in my inventory, it goes back to that tab and drops the runes and infusions that were on it in my inventory creating awful clutter.

So the armory kinda forces you to buy equipment template slots.

To have a staff in my inventory now I have to have an ascended one.

I feel you, i made my self a legendary greatsword and now the system punishes me for switching weapons out for different fights. it is annoying as hell. 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 6:58 PM, seadanya.5632 said:

I wish the legendaries didn't reset every time it gets taken out a template.
It's awfully inconvenient without buying more build templates.

I hope it's just a temporary issue and they are going to fix it soon, aren't they?? I often switch weapons between certain encounters in WvW and equipping sigils, infusions, stats etc every time is like WTFF dude 🤦🏿

On 7/14/2021 at 12:32 AM, TwoGhosts.6790 said:

What a surprise.

And if only they had actually designed a build/equipment *template* system in the first place.

But they didn't.

They designed a *loadout* system and misnamed it.

And limited it absurdly.

And monetised it disgustingly.

If only there was an amazing template system available.

Oh wait, there was, it was called arc templates... but Anet forced its developer to disable it when they launched their own kitten system.

And now here we are.

With another system that still doesn't quite work.

Fun times.

Even more insultingly, the first game had a build and equipment template system that was completely free and accommodated essentially limitless  combinations.

As noted above, while I despise how they heartlessly monetised what should have been a completely free feature of the game from the start, I would begrudgingly pay for templates if they unlocked across all my characters.

But nooooo, gotta squeeze every last penny out of the whales.

To be honest, I find it disgusting that any quality of life feature is monetised, and believe that only cosmetics should be.

But I also believe that stat-swapping shouldn't be limited to Legendaries, and should be available on all gear, as it would massively improve build experimentation and diversity.

• Like 2