I hope Asmongold will give End of Dragons a shot.

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

He is a good match for FF XIV (because, honestly, both FF XIV and WoW appeal to a very similar playerbase). He (and the people that tend to watch him) however is not really a good match for GW2. What would likely happen is him trying G2 out (again, because i kind of remember he did it once before) and blasting it totally. Ending up with a net negative in PR for this game.

There's no such thing as negative PR... well unless people intentionally and pointlessly blast someone for being toxic while the fanbase is watching. And now everyone knows how hypocritical the "friendly" FFXIV community are. Completely unlike the famed friendly GW2 community, they would never do that, right?

Anyway, I dont even watch Asmongold that much and you dont need to be a rocket scientist to see that GW2 just isnt his type of game, too little vertical progression.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Start pestering him to try GW2 then.

I just hope this community won't try to grief him and call him an a hole and phobic like FF community did. That was totally unnecessary. 

When you create for yourself an internet persona of being a total kitten, you reap what you sow after leaving the old dired up pastures for greener pastures.

I'll grant you, random confused person, that calling someone a "kitten" considering the context would be mildly confusing, but i assure you that is not what i meant to say. In truth it was something a lot less appealing. That's just the forum censorship at work.

Edited by Yggranya.5201
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

There's no such thing as negative PR...

That's pure bullkitten. Well, unless you are a celebrity that is known only for being known, of course. Bad press can easily hurt a game nowadays.

Basically, if Asmongold were to try out GW2, found it unappealing (which he almost certainly would), and commented on it on his stream, that stream would not end up persuading anyone to try the game as well It might however persuade some people that might have liked this game otherwise to never even give it a chance.

The end result would be a net loss, not a gain.

And now everyone knows how hypocritical the "friendly" FFXIV community are.

Erm... what? You do realize, that most of attacks at Asmongold wer coming from the WoW side (or "wow refugees"), not the FF XIV one? FF XIV community mostly doesn't even know who Asmongold is.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Erm... what?

That's basically a running gag on any and every game community, that they are more (insert your preference) than all the others communities. FFXIV community just took it a little further and more seriously than most.

• Confused 1

Don't know this person nor have I watched their videos but just came to say that I can't wait to start EoD as Factions was my very first game and mmo that I started out in years ago just out of curiosity of seeing the game in EB Games. With that said, I have a feeling it's going to be good but you should play it for your enjoyment and not rely on the enjoyment or opinion of some streamer.✌️

8 hours ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

Because it works. The amount of exposure Final Fantasy got after this guy started playing it is pretty incredible.

The WoW forums are filled with "asmongold is right" and "I quit to play FFXIV" threads, with large amount of upvotes, and the game now gets quite a lot of viewers on Twitch - even when he's not streaming.

No, it doesn't work, especially if the person has already been confirmed as thinking the game is trash. There is never a case where a company shouldn't control it's own marketing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

No, it doesn't work, especially if the person has already been confirmed as thinking the game is trash. There is never a case where a company shouldn't control it's own marketing. 

Well TheLazyPeon tried the game like 3 times and thought the game was bad, before it finally clicked for him and made the best Marketing the game had in years https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjh9_iSaXxgAlso Marketing in Arenanet has never been lets say good, and is even worse than many Old school stuck in time companies.
Twich and Youtube are the new way these days and Arenanet is not using them properly. Games like Apex showed that companies can create the perfect marketing storm with money, by buying content promotion on twich/youtube or the organic Among Us where streamers decided to play the game with their streamer friends. All you need is your 15 minutes of fame on the internet and then having a good product so the people stay. 

And if you think Square Enix didn't have some hand the current FF14 situation, they just started the buzz and it snowballed and now the biggest MMO streamer went there to try it, even though he disliked the idea of the game for a long time and now FF14 is collecting 10x laurels they bargained for.

Even a 1 time paid promotion with the biggest MMO streamer on Twich would boost GW2 higher, the thing is I don't think Arenanet has the budget for marketing to hire him and I don't think they can keep the hype going after, to capitalize on the bank they can make, so they will see little return if any. They can only hope for free of charge kind of thing.

Ou and the whole he will tank the game if he says bad words about it, is kitten, at worst it will get the ESO treatment and that game is still going strong. 

It is funny seeing the the "We don't what their kind around this parts?" people posting here, very inclusive "community" we have here, and it is double funny by being hypothetical thread about something that has low chance of happening . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Well TheLazyPeon tried the game like 3 times and thought the game was bad, before it finally clicked for him and made the best Marketing the game had in years

Emphasis mine. For this kind of advertisement to work, it needs to be positive - meaning, the the game has to "click" for that streamer.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

It is funny seeing the the "We don't what their kind around this parts?" people posting here, very inclusive "community" we have here, and it is double funny by being hypothetical thread about something that has low chance of happening . 

I mean he's self proclaimed to be a 'fiend' that sits on government assistance and be of 'no use' to the world outside WoW (look up the vid where someone envies his life).  Why would anyone want that kind of attitude or the associated community coming over?

Anyway, I'm not sure streamer culture fits GW2 at all--GW2 is too laid back for that.  Sure there is toxicity here and there but not the frog spamming emote kind.  

I also don't see how streamers help anything really.  They just latch onto games where they can attract an audience and make money.  The audience itself doesn't necessarily play the games they play though or recommend them to other people; for instance, Fall Guys had a huge streamer presence but within a month lost a vast majority of the audience when the streamers moved on because no one actually played it, just watched people play it.  

15 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Emphasis mine. For this kind of advertisement to work, it needs to be positive - meaning, the the game has to "click" for that streamer.

And like I said the worst it could happen is what happened with ESO. Also in one of the youtube vods I checked about the whole HYPE going with FF14, he mentioned WvW in GW2 as one of the things he enjoyed and what he considers best implementation of such mode. So it would not be negative since there is already a part of the game that already clicked at some level. 

• Like 1