Buying or Farming T6 Matts?

Hi guys,

I was wondering what is more efficient for getting T6 matts like vicious claws, powerfull venom sacks and the rest of them.

Is buying them with gold while i farm dungeons/fractals or just directly farming the matts from the map rotation rewards more efficient?

or are there even more efficient ways i could get the t6 matts?

Generally it's faser to farm gold than mats. 

Then use the gold to buy Trophy shipments or directly from TP.

Butfeel free to mix and match, nothing is stopping you from getting map rewards as well. Especially if you have those map reward things from wandering merchants.

But yeah if you can do tier 4 fractals and cms, it's faster to farm gold.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Generally it's faser to farm gold than mats. 

I would argue always, unless it's specific items dropping from specific bosses for example (which doesnt really include T6 mats). 

You cant really farm mats at all. You do metas, you get a gazillion blue/green loot bags and then you salvage all that hoping for the best. Sell the things you dont need, buy the things you do.

• Like 1

You can also promote lower tier materials to higher tier materials in mystic forge. For example, if you combine 50 large claws, 1 vicious claw, 5 piles of crystalline dust and 5 philosopher's stones you will get 5-12 vicious claws (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vicious_Claw). This might not be the most efficient way, but if you have lots of tier 5 mats laying around, it may be worth it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I would argue always, unless it's specific items dropping from specific bosses for example (which doesnt really include T6 mats). 

You cant really farm mats at all. You do metas, you get a gazillion blue/green loot bags and then you salvage all that hoping for the best. Sell the things you dont need, buy the things you do.

True. I don't even know how you'd farm T6 directly, they're random rewards from all sorts of content and you get random pieces... So it's best to farm gold and buy them. That's what i do at least. In the meantime of farming gold though, i get a bunch of all sorts of mats so the overall price and how much you need goes down anyway...

Thank god for all those AFK Necromancers farming T6 mats for us, keeping the price low. 😉

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 1

Pact Commander Mastery -> stock pile Pact mapping materials -> wait for high value mat rotation week -> use tokens for much materials.  Then either use mats or sell to get other mats, depending on market price.

Laurel Venders have T6 Mat bags

Champ bag farms (which can give T6 Mats)

Farm gold and buy mats

Promote T5s to T6 (pls research cost effectiveness first)

If you're doing this for Legendary Crafting- Lucky clover forging fails into T6 mats, which can help contribute and headstart if done before pursuing other requirements

Magic/Mist warped bundles average a positive ROI

(side note: Gifts of Might, Magic and fortune can be used to store mats, as you can salvage it back into its base components.)

Reward tracks for PvP/WvW by cheesing the Daily rewards for reward track potions. 

If you combine the Laurels, Pact mapping material, and easy PvP/WvW daily achievements, you can trade 1-2 hours of work a day to get things you can trade in at specific windows of opportunity for a big influx of useful materials.   Like Week 2 of the map rewards rotation is Blood week in Forstgourge Sound; which routinely has the highest trade value on materials with Bloods, Charged Lodes and Giant eyes.  In that time you collect around 330 pact mapping items, which translates into 8 and Half full pay out cycles of the map rewards......  or 370 T6 mats, 80 lode stone pieces, and 68 of the 3rd item type.

Worth the low effort to get an injection of mats and money every 2 months or so. 

14 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

You cant really farm mats at all

11 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

True. I don't even know how you'd farm T6 directly

You an actually farm them but it’s quicker to farm gold instead.  Different mob types drop different materials. You just have to target those ones at the correct level for the desired mat. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

You an actually farm them but it’s quicker to farm gold instead.  Different mob types drop different materials. You just have to target those ones at the correct level for the desired mat. 

Eh, that's what AFK Necros are for. I perfer farming gold instead. 😉

GW2 has a pretty healthy economy because the game is designed around the idea that you should always be selling the stuff you don't need and buying the stuff you do need rather than farming. 

Obviously if you prefer farming as a playstyle or feel better about gathering everything yourself you have that option, but playing how you want and selling the loot to fund getting the things you want is "working as intended".