I have now done Sage 5 times and wasting more hours than I ever want to admit but no credit

8 minutes ago, Novuake.2691 said:

At this point ANET should just give Revenge of the High Sage achievement retroactively because my god this is infuriating.

Never heard of that achievement before, nor is it listed on the official Wiki.

So... what exactly are you talking about?

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Novuake.2691 said:

At this point ANET should just give Revenge of the High Sage achievement retroactively because my god this is infuriating.

Just to be absolutely sure, you are doing the following event, which is found at the Tower top right of the map?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_massive_earth_elemental_and_stop_the_Harathi_High_Sage

rather than the Seigemaster Immelhoof event, which is found between Nolans Homestead and the Centaur Camp?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_Siegemaster_Immelhoof

both involve Hirathi bosses.

If you are doing the first event, if you have done it five times with no credit then something is up. I hit the sage twice during the fight (slow kills are good to allow people to get there) and I got credit first time.

Edit - Just looked in the Bug Section of the Forum. There is a thread there about the Hirathi sage bugging out - normally the bug is due to the fact the event stalls. However tucked away in one of the comments is mention that someone did kill the Sage but didn't get credit. So it looks like it has happened to someone else.

This is the thread

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/98324-lake-doric-sage-bugged/

Its quite sad, the map is a nice map with a lot of events, but ever since it was added to the game it has experienced numerous bugs, the Sage event stalling, Saidra's haven stalling. SS Pinkeen event stalling amongst others.

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I wonder for people not getting credit if the earth elemental it summons is getting killed really fast due to the zerg and they didn't tag it before it died.  I may be wrong but I think for the achievement you have to kill both the elemental and the high sage.  That is at least what the achievement states.   I don't know as I got it first time but I was just spamming AoE all over the place due to the massive zerg on the first day and not really being able to see what was going on.  😄  

Maybe bring a lot of AoE when the fight starts to tag as much as possible while it is getting zerged.  Or wait until next week or so when most of the zerg has moved on to next week's achievements.   It might be easier to tag everything you need when less people are doing it. 

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Novuake.2691 said:

The actual event stalls at 0 centaurs remaining. This is not an issue of how but the event stalling. Christ. Tired of "worked for me so it must be fine" stupidity. 

There's a world of difference between "I get no credit for the event" and "the event gets bugged, stalls and cannot finish". Both are completely different issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Novuake.2691 said:

The actual event stalls at 0 centaurs remaining. This is not an issue of how but the event stalling. Christ. Tired of "worked for me so it must be fine" stupidity. 

Yes and no.

The event ALSO has a timer which dictates when it can restart. It's NOT only the remaining centaurs. I have had situation where the counter was down to 0 for more than 10 minutes before the event continued.

EDIT:

Just checked GW2efficiency. The stats there are 20,869 of 314,388 (6.638%) completed as of this writing. That is quit high for an achievement which is out not even 1 week. So while the event/achievement might have bugs, it certainly does see successful completions on a large scale.

Edited by Cyninja.2954

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

There's a world of difference between "I get no credit for the event" and "the event gets bugged, stalls and cannot finish". Both are completely different issues.

yeah if he said the problem is event stalling, the whole topic had other direction.