Icon of new Elementalist Elite spec:

Vissarion.6509

I am very impressed with what they showed us so far with new espec. I mean I am looking at Harbinger and Willbender the level of complexity/ how much different they are from core specs. WB is just wow. Guardian being slow class now is one of the most mobile. The number of mobile skills is just crazy. I know they are going to tune it and so on but for now I can easily say Guardian is golden class of GW2.

Lets talk at what we are good at and what we might get

Core at nothing/ playing for fun - nothing serious

Tempest Good heal and condition cleanse, average boom accessibility. Design to support and heal both in Pvp and Pve (kind of sad that we are not considerd as a meta in wvw and fractals)

Weaver Pvp good bunker/ duelist, Pve good melee dps (mechanically very demanding)

What we are missing is actually some active defense, proper range dmg and boons like quickness and alacrity. We would also benefit from some proper disengage mechanism but looking at Willbender I can just forget about it.

I know many of us wish to get simpler gameplay They could actually achieve it with implementation of similar design like Holosmith or even new Harbinger. Adding some avatar state but focusing more on active defense and dmg.  

The only thing I dont get it is why were not presented now with all those squishy espec. Are they plaining to give us something different? I wish it will blow me away like new WB did.

Edited by Zauber.4069
  • Like 1

It is a samurai/oni mask without a doubt. That limits what that can be and since warrior basically already has the weapons a samurai would use it would be on something else and the only real thing that is left that would make sense is thief.

The Oni mask a samurai wears would represent the unkillable part of the Oni lore something that fits thief with their evades and precision strikes again something that the samurai is known for.

They seem to like swapping theme mechanics from what we seen with the first 3 elite specs. 

I imagine the bullet bein the new ele spec, with the 2 symbols representing two attunments, maybe a spec related to this mysterious jade technology. 

I think about revenant like mechanic, we chose two attunments and we can swap weapons during combat. Ele gains access to rifle with full dps ranged options, and can swap to staff/scepter/daggers/focus for more ranged or melee options. It would bring lots of possibilities, and maybe better synergy between weapons. We lose this hybrid aspect and have more possibilities to dps/support/cc oriented spec. Kind of high risk high reward philosophy like the harbinger ! 

Im really excited about new ele features, cant wait to know more about the spec 🙈

• Haha 1

Have you guys ever played Sniper Ghost Warrior? I see bullet from slow-motion when you got a headshot on enemy. In my opinion bullet shows power, precision and speed focusing more on physical aspects. So if it is a rifle it must be for ele. I am just curious how will they apply this philosophy to our class cuz I just don't see magic here.

Edited by Zauber.4069

59 minutes ago, Zauber.4069 said:

Have you guys ever played Sniper Ghost Warrior? I see bullet from slow-motion when you got a headshot on enemy. In my opinion bullet shows power, precision and speed focusing more on physical aspects. So if it is a rifle it must be for ele. I am just curious how will they apply this philosophy to our class cuz I just don't see magic here.

The same way Harbinger uses the dragon jade tech in there pistols, they get infused with blight mechanics and they could just make ele have more elemental mixed with jade...if we even get rifle cause I have a strong feeling it's going to be torch or Longbow.

14 hours ago, Jongi.7612 said:

It is a samurai/oni mask without a doubt. That limits what that can be and since warrior basically already has the weapons a samurai would use it would be on something else and the only real thing that is left that would make sense is thief.

The Oni mask a samurai wears would represent the unkillable part of the Oni lore something that fits thief with their evades and precision strikes again something that the samurai is known for.

Warriors are almost out of unused weapons so unless they quit doing expansions after this one I feel like they are going to save pistols for a more thematically pistol using elite spec. The bullet shot symbol looks more high powered rifle bullet imo. I think warriors are going to maybe be a ranged samurai feel with the new weapon being shortbow.

5 hours ago, Oberick.9423 said:

Warriors are almost out of unused weapons so unless they quit doing expansions after this one I feel like they are going to save pistols for a more thematically pistol using elite spec. The bullet shot symbol looks more high powered rifle bullet imo. I think warriors are going to maybe be a ranged samurai feel with the new weapon being shortbow.

Something they can still do is using weapons already available and simply changing the weapon skillset for the specialization.
That's what I actually had in mind when they first introduced e-spec (especially because of Caithe's dagger weapon skills), and I think at some point every profession will eventually go through that process.

Edited by Tabootrinket.2631

On 8/13/2021 at 9:04 PM, Jongi.7612 said:

The bullet doesnt look like its wind magic, it looks like its signifying that the bullet is spinning. The spinning would be from rifling of the barrel which is for accuracy over distance so to me it would mean rifle.

The flame icon doesnt really look like a flame to me either, nor does it look like an arrow on fire. It looks like a gem surrounded by crystals just from the shading. Those are really the only 2 icons that look like they would be for the elementalist.

It could also be that every attunement, you can double attune to keep one skill static (regardless of the current attunement). Maybe the #5 skill is static? 🙂

3 hours ago, Legion.4198 said:

It could be the Kabuto mask to represent an Oni wizard, hence the hammer.

I feel like the mask might actually go to the revenants...
But I kinda wish you are right.

I feel like we're gonna get that bulky icon that looks like it belongs to an engi or warrior.

Edited by Tabootrinket.2631
  • Like 1

My prediction goes to the Oni mask from the (possible) weapon reveals.

From the six unknown icons:

- The beastly spearhead is almost certainly Ranger. I hoped this meant land spear, but that was doubtful~

- I suspect the top-right-most Eye with blades is Revenant. The eye symbol is too similar to the Revenant's symbol.

- Learning that Warrior has Pistol almost certainly means that the bullet icon is Warrior.

- The large arms/shoulder one is suspected to be Engi, and I agree. (I hope it's not ours!) Particularly given the jade arms thinger reveal.

This leaves the Flame and the Oni Mask. Which I suspected were Ele and Thief. It seems obvious that the flame should be Ele... but the diamond in the center looks like an initiative symbol, and with Thief getting Scepter (I thought they might get Focus) it fits as some kind of Ninjutsu-esque fiery/shadow magic type class.

Which of course, leaves us with the Oni mask. Which might be fitting with a Hammer. I don't like the icon, but I like it more than the presumed Engi one. And it could be a lot of fun if it plays sort of like Tempest's offensive overloads - a swirling storm of elements raging around us as we barrel through enemies. Perhaps with a lot of finishers and player-based aoe?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1