Out of the U.S.A ...

Aurene Elder Dragon Premium Collector Statue      Amazing i want it!

PURCHASE THE DXRACER G SERIES RECEIVE A FREE COPY OF GUILD WARS 2 PATH OF FIRE!       Amazing i want it!

So we are forgotten outside the US, I for one would consider purchasing these items, but unable to do so.

Will Anet Consider those of us whom have been loyal to GW for so long outside of the US. 

We Want Things Too!

Think outside of the USA 

Why send me Emails to items you know we can not purchase?

Loyal GW2 FAN x Omegazone x

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, omegazone.9254 said:

Aurene Elder Dragon Premium Collector Statue      Amazing i want it!

PURCHASE THE DXRACER G SERIES RECEIVE A FREE COPY OF GUILD WARS 2 PATH OF FIRE!       Amazing i want it!

So we are forgotten outside the US, I for one would consider purchasing these items, but unable to do so.

Will Anet Consider those of us whom have been loyal to GW for so long outside of the US. 

We Want Things Too!

Think outside of the USA 

Why send me Emails to items you know we can not purchase?

Loyal GW2 FAN x Omegazone x

was going to buy one too

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2021 at 9:04 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Says NA and Europe for DXRacer.  That seems to be outside the US. 

Indeed , on Twitter give away it does yep,  was basing it on the website to purchase via link!

🙂 

On 7/28/2021 at 9:04 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

1 minute ago, Arnox.5128 said:

While we're talking about the statue, I think it's overpriced. Especially since you don't even get EoD alongside it.

Its really not over priced. For example:

Princess Celestia statue: 159.99

Princess Luna Statue: 129.99

Fluttershy Statue: 99.99

Some other models/statues i own have cost between 40-80$ and they are much smaller than the Aurene statue.

The statue is available in some places outside the USA. There's no option I know of to switch to a local site to order it or change the currency shown, but when you get to shipping you can put in seemingly any location in the world and it will ship to a lot of them (it's expensive though, about $40 to ship to Europe for example). I didn't get as far as payment but I know several people outside America have ordered one so I assume it takes non-American bank cards, and you just might get an additional fee for the currency conversion.

Incidentally I've done that with quite a few sites, especially when buying CDs and vinyl albums, I pretty much ignore the fact that it's obviously intended for Americans and put in my UK address, order with my UK bank card (or sometimes Paypal) and it goes through. The worst that's happened is relatively high postage costs because they're not set up for European distrobution, occasionally a customs fee, and the fact that the sites are also not compliant with EU data protection laws so no matter how careful you are with check boxes you end up on about 5 different mailing lists and have to unsubscribe from all of them manually. I assume it works the other way around too, but it's been a long time since I've been in the USA long enough to bother ordering stuff to be sent there from other countries.

3 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

Some other models/statues i own have cost between 40-80$ and they are much smaller than the Aurene statue.

The fact that it's possible to buy other statues at similar prices doesn't mean it's not over priced, it just means it's not the only over priced statue available.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

The fact that it's possible to buy other statues at similar prices doesn't mean it's not over priced, it just means it's not the only over priced statue available.

This is very true. However i dont think any of them are overpriced.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

And it's because there are people that think this way that they are overpriced

Whatever you say. If i dont think its overpriced it simply isnt overpriced for me. If you do, it is for you, and neither of us will change our minds on it.

Some of yall would balk at the price of artwork/commisions, and thats been a steady price for years now.

29 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Whatever you say. If i dont think its overpriced it simply isnt overpriced for me. If you do, it is for you, and neither of us will change our minds on it.

Some of yall would balk at the price of artwork/commisions, and thats been a steady price for years now.

Someone did sell an „invisible statue“ for 18k this year (and was threatened to be sued by another artist that also creates invisible art).
So yeah, if something is „overpriced“ really depends on the buyer in the art business.

Edited by Raknar.4735

5 minutes ago, Raknar.4735 said:

Someone did sell an „invisible statue“ for 18k this year (and was threatened to be sued by another artist that also creates invisible art).
So yeah, if something is „overpriced“ really depends on the buyer in the art business.

Yup. There are paintings that sell for hundreds of thousands or millions lf dollars. Do i think they are worth that much? No. But someone obviously does.

The most expensive commision ive gotten was just shy of 600$ and it was worth every bit of that 600 i spent on it, to me. Not even a real painting, Digital, though i can get it printed, and i probably will at some point.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Raknar.4735 said:

Holy crap I missed this wish I could sell invisible things to people.

23 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

Those are some oddly specific examples.

9 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

The most expensive commision ive gotten was just shy of 600$ and it was worth every bit of that 600 i spent on it, to me.

I dread to think what the subject of said commission was.

I do think the statue is overpriced considering it's all plastic but since we apparently have adults paying premium for statues of cartoon ponies aimed at little girls I suppose the definition of overpriced really is subjective. Lack of taste aside, it's a long-standing problem that many companies in the USA completely forget about their customers that don't live in North America. Best thing anyone can do is support different businesses and individuals. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ewenness.6482 said:

Those are some oddly specific examples.

I dread to think what the subject of said commission was.

I do think the statue is overpriced considering it's all plastic but since we apparently have adults paying premium for statues of cartoon ponies aimed at little girls I suppose the definition of overpriced really is subjective. Lack of taste aside, it's a long-standing problem that many companies in the USA completely forget about their customers that don't live in North America. Best thing anyone can do is support different businesses and individuals. 

Well i mean i bought the models, so easy to give examples of it, plus, i write stories using ponies ive made(Not in that universe tho, made my own, much more violent and much darker.). No difference between that and adults who like powerpuff girls, Batman Cartoons, Avatar The Last Airbender, Legend of Kora or well any animated show on tv thats not directly aimed at adults(Rick And Morty/Robot Chicken/Bojack Horseman etc).

The commission was actually clean, so no need to worry about the subject of it: Gryphon dancing in fire.

Artist does crazy detail though, and its quite literally poster size(the big ones you find on displays at walmart/target for example.).

Models/Statues for collections are always expensive, and theres not really any alternative for them either if one wants a decent quality at least. But i agree that if i could id buy it directly from an artist VS a company, it just doesnt work that way sadly.

11 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

But there's a big difference between this statue and an art commission. For an art commission, you are paying someone to take hours or perhaps even days to professionally draw, color, and shade persons and/or things and/or an environment exactly to your specifications for you and you alone. Of course the price is going to be high.

Now, someone took time and care to craft the statue, yes, but this statue is going to get sold in bulk which will MORE than make up for the time and effort and money spent creating the statue from development to production. And hey, that's totally fine. The only issue is the price. They don't need to charge that much, and especially if it's entirely plastic.

Edited by Arnox.5128
  • Confused 1

What are half of you even basing 'overpriced' on? 😂

I think I'm in the neighborhood of owning 40-50 statues of various heights / materials / etc. and can say that from all the prices I've paid this one seems inline as far as sizing and materials go.  

You do NOT want a more detailed Aurene statue.  For one they can't mass produce that, and for two it's going to cost like $400-500 and that's not 'overpriced' that is literally low end for detailed statues.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

What are half of you even basing 'overpriced' on? 😂

I think I'm in the neighborhood of owning 40-50 statues of various heights / materials / etc. and can say that from all the prices I've paid this one seems inline as far as sizing and materials go.  

You do NOT want a more detailed Aurene statue.  For one they can't mass produce that, and for two it's going to cost like $400-500 and that's not 'overpriced' that is literally low end for detailed statues.  

I was looking at glass or crystal statues around her size and they all where vastly more expensive(For the level of detail on Aurene.) Not to mention shipping costs.

I think they kind of missed here a bit.  I think the figure would be more appealing for that price and probably even a bit more if they made a collectors edition out of it.  A nice game box with cover art and EoD code for people that like to collect those things and the figure.    I'm just saying this because I know I have seen people ask if there would be a collectors edition of expansions.  

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892

3 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

I was looking at glass or crystal statues around her size and they all where vastly more expensive(For the level of detail on Aurene.) Not to mention shipping costs.

The statue is made of plastic, confirmed on their website.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

X is over-priced, I won't buy it.

translation

You are not the target market.

Who is the target then? Whales? Obviously this statue is aimed at fans who love GW2 and want a nice bit of limited edition memorabilia. Whether they're willing to pay for the statue or not doesn't change the target. I myself would have happily ordered one were it cheaper.

Edited by Arnox.5128

1 hour ago, Arnox.5128 said:

Who is the target then? Whales? Obviously this statue is aimed at fans who love GW2 and want a nice bit of limited edition memorabilia. Whether they're willing to pay for the statue or not doesn't change the target. I myself would have happily ordered one were it cheaper.

The truth is that willingness to pay the asking price is always a factor in choosing one's target market.  Think about Porsche, Bugatti and Rolls Royce.  Then think Chevy Spark.

Do you remember Mountgate, when ANet unveiled its first 2000 gem mount skin?  ANet priced mount skins at $25US.  They've done something similar with the statue.  During Mountgate, the reasoning they shared was that they made more money selling to fewer people at a higher price because the demand for cosmetics (and probably statues) is subjective.  They also (likely) did a market comparison and saw that $25 was not an uncommon price for a mount skin.  I'd not be surprised if their thinking was the same with regard to this item.

• Like 1