Barefoot fishing in skiffs - EOD Cantha experience

Nothing beats the relaxing barefoot fishing in skiffs and chatting in your guild channel spending some quality time am I right  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like barefoot fishing?

• Yeah nothing beats a relaxing barefoot fishing experience
    • I hate barefoot fishing
    • I'd love to try it only if the invisible boot prices are reduced in TP

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/22/2022 at 12:00 AM

do ppl like to be barefooted while fishing in skiffs?

the topic of fishing didn't excite me much and I considered it to be more of a Role Play thing.. but it seems that a majority of ppl  loved fishing so anet made fishing in gw2 possible...

do fishermen in tyria sought out this feature for relaxing RP stuff? or for some rare reward drops while afking? or some other reasons?

So would ppl get that to next level by doing it barefooted? I'm just curious so I created this poll for a specific reason(possibly hoard some invisible boots from TP since they have very less supply🤣😂)

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I mean, I paid a lot for those fancy shoes/boots/greaves and wouldn't want to get fish guts on them. Although, there is the odd chance of a fish hook in a toe. What to do?

Hopefully Anet will sell proper fishing attire in the gem shop to relieve me of this dilemma!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Anet is not going to suddenly release invisible shoes, one of the more rare items in the game, just to satisfy this request.

I mean, the old justification for the shoes being introduced as they were was "We can't add more show/hide checkboxes" then, not more than two-ish years later, ANet adds a way to hide weapons.

Really makes the old brain think they weren't being exactly honest.

40 minutes ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

I mean, the old justification for the shoes being introduced as they were was "We can't add more show/hide checkboxes" then, not more than two-ish years later, ANet adds a way to hide weapons.

Really makes the old brain think they weren't being exactly honest.

The story I heard is that it came down to different departments with different priorities. The people who program the UI didn't think there would be enough interest to justify making a checkbox, but one of the people who made equipment figured out a way to make invisible shoes and that got approved as an item which I guess goes through a different approval process to UI changes, (possibly because they could make it a very rare reward to get people playing otherwise obscure events).