Fastest Revive You Have Witnessed?

Whiteout.1975

Fastest Revive You Have Witnessed?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What is the fastest Revive from Downstate you have witnessed in WvW?

• Blink of an Eye
    • 1 Sec.
    • 2 Sec.
    • 3 Sec.
    • 4 Sec. +

Rallying is probably cheating since you can deliberately wait until you go down before finishing a downed to insta revive. (more common with guards). Illusion is also pretty boring to talk about. Incidentally, you used to be able to drop a war banner before you went down, and.... it'd revive you.

The most notorious form of insta-res comes from Mercy runes, and outgoing healing modifiers. As per the wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revival

Outgoing healing modifiers affect the revival percentage of skills, but does not increase the speed of the normal method of revival.

So in most cases outgoing healer modifiers will help.

Assuming the person was not downed before recently, I can pretty much res with a transfuse necro or scrapper in 1-2 seconds assuming I knew they were going to down and there's not like 10 aoes on the spot.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

I have seen every class .1 sec res through an endless pile of red circles.  More and more, I keep seeing .1 second resses in small fights, 2-3 v 1-3, where the resser is clearly interrupted (interrupts, knocked back or even downed) and the other player just gets up anyway, usually instantly ressing the original resser (regardless of class).

I just had this situation today where I died and rallied at the same time. I know I rallied because I instantly recovered half HP, suddenly became invulnerable for a second and got this gray warning on the HP bar for falling.

Edited by Telgum.6071
Typo

Thanks for the input everyone!

I made this post because I have not seen talks concerning how fast people can get up from the downstate. I am also curious about the amount of counterplay behind players getting up in a "Blink of an Eye" or 1 second. 

- This quote is taken from https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Invulnerability: "Invulnerability triggers from certain player profession skills and is also briefly applied to every player as they fall into downed state or recover with rally."

- Also this quote taken from https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Resurrection: "Resurrection is an effect granted to both player characters and NPCs after reviving them that makes them invulnerable for a second."

I find the situation interesting around players up so quickly within the time they are also invulnerable. I do not have too much say about Revival speed and whether that is balanced or not. I am more surprised that downed players can get up that quickly with seemingly no time-gate around the ability to get up from downstate. I just thought there would be more risk versus reward involved behind downstate as a whole. In such cases as the "Blink of an Eye," "1 [Second]," maybe even 2 - 3 second revives . . . There seems like there is little punishment/risk to be had for the downed. Whether a player revives through Rally or allies in one Second, they are still getting up in 1 Sec. (or whatever time close to that you believe to be true). In the end, I find such revive times questionable in WvW. Also, whether or not that is healthy or not for the overall player experience.

Those are my thoughts at the moment. Perhaps these thoughts could be explored further in another post about downstate, but I thought I should still share them here since it relates to the topic.

P.S. As far as personal experiences, I have been rallied so fast before that I had to question whether or not I even stopped moving in combat (has happened plenty of times over the years). Also, FYI, I do not vote right away on any polls I make because I do not want to influence the polls in any way or create an initial bias. However, I think I will cast my vote now because the overall answer seems pretty clear here.