300 seconds cooldown for trait-skills too much?

FreshF.5793

Hi guys, hi ArenaNet,

I would suggest you reduce the cooldown of some traits:

E.g. Warrior:

Defense-Traitline → "Defy Pain" with Stunbreak and 2 secs no power damage taken. 

Same goes with   → "Last Stand" which procs when disabled and give stability and You don't get hit by criticals for about 5 secs

These passive Skills could be activated without their purpose being fullfilled. For example beeing hit when the own hp are lower than 50%, but I am not stunned. Consequence is waiting 5 minutes which is making the trait for half of the game (about 10 mins) useless.

My suggestion is lowering the cooldown to 60s again. Additionally you could reduce the cooldowns of the stances with one of the 2 traits. Alternatively you could add resolution to stances. In a condi scourge meta the warrior is fairly underperforming in pvp. I do not see them ofter. Though I like to play warrior.

Biggest point for me though is the 300s cooldown of the two traits in the Defense-Traitline. 

Please reduce them.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day ❤️

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, FreshF.5793 said:

Hi guys, hi ArenaNet,

I would suggest you reduce the cooldown of some traits:

E.g. Warrior:

Defense-Traitline → "Defy Pain" with Stunbreak and 2 secs no power damage taken. 

Same goes with   → "Last Stand" which procs when disabled and give stability and You don't get hit by criticals for about 5 secs

These passive Skills could be activated without their purpose being fullfilled. For example beeing hit when the own hp are lower than 50%, but I am not stunned. Consequence is waiting 5 minutes which is making the trait for half of the game (about 10 mins) useless.

My suggestion is lowering the cooldown to 60s again. Additionally you could reduce the cooldowns of the stances with one of the 2 traits. Alternatively you could add resolution to stances. In a condi scourge meta the warrior is fairly underperforming in pvp. I do not see them ofter. Though I like to play warrior.

Biggest point for me though is the 300s cooldown of the two traits in the Defense-Traitline. 

Please reduce them.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day ❤️

For example this skill has a 5 minute cooldown in PvP : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lesser_Endure_Pain

The effects from these traits should simply be reworked. Even in PVE, with the lower cooldown, they are beyond bad. Give the defense some actual.. you know defense with boons and not whatever the hell we have now.

Just look at the reworked death magic traitline on necro, which is as selfish as defense on warrior. Its not even close on how much better necros defense is.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Liewec.2896 said:

its how anet think balance should be handled...

they're incapable of doing their job so instead of tweaking things they make it so bad that you'll never use it.

they've done it for atleast 12 years. (smiter's boon in GW1)

It's because unless you nerf something so hard that it becomes useless...the gw2 community would keep crying about it, this is just a reaction from the dev team. When the GW2 community asks for "balance" what they mean is "Delete!" from the game.

Wanna an example? See Ranger pets...one pet does more than bark from distance acting like a controllable mini-pet and the gw2 community will bring out the pitchforks and torches...once one pet becomes useless that nobody can use effectively anymore...this community will jump on the next pet, till the whole ranger class goes around with a dead mechanic.

To say that anet always smither boon things is wrong, I mean...everytime they do apply some nerfs you always get the usual cadre of carebears saying :"is that all? we need more nerfs"

This community just keeps asking for nerfs until something is not used anymore in game...the devs just act accordingly to keep the job

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

300 seconds cooldown for trait-skills too much?

The "number you have called" is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Thank you for your patience. Until next time, goodbye.

or ...

Thank you for your patience. Unfortunately, none of our staff is free ... at the moment. Please leave a message and one of our staff will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you for calling. Goodbye.

or ... 

You are currently on hold, please wait a moment (even after hours, nothing happens - then the following message). Our customer service agents are all busy at the moment, please try again later (a week, months later, ... *yawn *snore). 

Edited by Metzie.3012

4 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

This community just keeps asking for nerfs until something is not used anymore in game...the devs just act accordingly to keep the job

Dont know about this, scourge and prot holo have been a problem for a long time now and nothing has been done.

• Confused 1