Can the new EOTN taimi - gorrik dialogue be a hint as anything?

hugo.4705

With return to siren's landing, you can speak to Taimi and Gorrik in Eye Of The North mini lab to hear a new piece of exchange, here is some lines that intrigued me:

Taimi: "Speaking of Busy, I heard someone other than us has been looked into elder dragon research."

Taimi: "Rata Novus, Crucible of Eternity, the Durmand Priory..."

Taimi: "Someone's snooping!"

Gorrik: "Science is the universal exploration of knowledge... and open to everyone, Taimi."

It is in the present tense, not referring to the past. Of course we knew since as long as personnal story that Inquest study elder dragons, for Durmand priory, we even have a story step, surely hidden arcana or arcana obscura where a magister give a lesson and evoke the magic aspects of elder dragons with zhaithan and mordremoth with shadow and mind.

Rata Novus, we heard it during LS3 and HoT, they studied destroyers and made a map of ley line network, even knowing where is mordremoth.

But it is in as said before, in present tense. So, I was already guessing it, Inquest reconquered Crucible of Eternity and the pact intervention did nothing. The first candidate coming to mind is of course Overseer Kuda, surely Kudu's daughter from sandswept isles. Since the start of the game, we still don't know who is the mysterious high inquisitor Maut.

Rata novus? Maybe it refers to the councilors who used with the big Krewe from Phlunt to research in Rata Novus, I highly doubt they aren't aware of anything, because they went in the dragon lab when Lazarus aka you know who, burned the main room down during the end of LS3. No doubt the place is now crowded with Rata Sumians, well, asuras, who still use the place and also do Dragon research. Especially after icebrood saga end. And well Durmand priory, wants the knowledge, and since, they are missing some records because the book of elder dragon or gods or something like that is rusty and they can't confirm perfectly the 6th dragon.

Taimi say someone is snooping, not, was or were snooping. If we link to EOD story, can it have a link with Ankka or some other new asura character that may work for mai trin as right hand but also in crucible of eternity, but who also, somehow, was in rata novus and met a priory arcanist?

I would like to speak about that strange dude in Grothmar Valley, which is Researcher Dwidd and who wear Inquest Uniform:

Researcher Dwidd: Look, I admire Taimi as much as the next asura. Her academic record is spotless.

Researcher Dwidd: But she's missing the bigger picture. For the first time in...ever, we have access to a friendly Elder Dragon!

Rancher: Don't look that friendly, breathing fire all over stuff.

Researcher Dwidd: Exactly! We could weaponize it. Bend its magic to our will, make it do our bidding...

Rancher: You think?

Researcher Dwidd: I know!

Researcher Dwidd: I should talk to Gorrik. Gorrik will understand...

What is curious, is that researcher include in its dialogue, Taimi, but also Gorrik. Could it have a link, and somehow made by ear to ear a cascade reaction to a high ranked member?

It speaks even of weaponizing Aurene, but what if they found out they can do so with the Deep sea dragon?

• Confused 1

I dont go too far, that one "snooping" is the "Lady Jade" from trailer.

My only complain is that i have enough of "mad scientist" plot. My dream for EOD was a excuse to bring gods back, if things ends up in laboratory talk again, i will not be so hyped. 

but u are right about that "strange dude", he can be a link to cantha. he give up on aurene and did go after DSD.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hugo.4705 said:

It speaks even of weaponizing Aurene, but what if they found out they can do so with the Deep sea dragon?

The Inquest already knew they would weaponize the Elder Dragons. We see them doing it in both the Crucible of Eternity, and in Rata Primus, with things like "Subject Alpha"

1 hour ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

That wouldn't be possible given that she is in Cantha, and no one has had contact with Cantha for 200 years.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hugo.4705 said:

Taimi: "Speaking of Busy, I heard someone other than us has been looked into elder dragon research."

Taimi: "Rata Novus, Crucible of Eternity, the Durmand Priory..."

Taimi: "Someone's snooping!"

Gorrik: "Science is the universal exploration of knowledge... and open to everyone, Taimi."

I was immediately thinking "Aetherblades!"

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Maybe, just maybe: I have always wondered what the strange colored dots in the first EoD trailer are.
Different colors, however: Repeating? More the same kind of colors... I also had the idea that they depict the spheres of the Elder Dragons as seen in "The All", but maybe someone has a better idea.
https://i.imgur.com/KANgPIo.jpg

However, similar dots can be seen in Elona when reaching the communication points where you contact Taimi:
https://i.imgur.com/d2jBWVv.jpg

I'd even say, they are of the same colors. Maybe they can be found elsewhere, the particles on Aurene's skin could be something similar, too. However, I wouldn't be surprised if communication or information can be transmitted via this dots (and maybe even intercepted).

4 hours ago, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

The Inquest already knew they would weaponize the Elder Dragons. We see them doing it in both the Crucible of Eternity, and in Rata Primus, with things like "Subject Alpha"

That wouldn't be possible given that she is in Cantha, and no one has had contact with Cantha for 200 years.

Not disputing your point, but Its much less time than 200 years. Cantha and LA were trading until Zhaitan rose and I believe he Zephyrites mentioned they had traded with Cantha when they first appeared in the game. Thats excluding refugee settlers who had relocated or washed ashore

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Not disputing your point, but Its much less time than 200 years. Cantha and LA were trading until Zhaitan rose and I believe he Zephyrites mentioned they had traded with Cantha when they first appeared in the game. Thats excluding refugee settlers who had relocated or washed ashore

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Canthan_Scholar

We don't know. Around 200 years ago, trade simply stopped. The tengu settled in Kryta some time later. We may never know the whole story, but we must hold on dearly to the history we have.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/end-of-dragons/

Over two centuries ago, the Empire of the Dragon severed all bonds with central Tyria and Elona. Cantha has its own history of turmoil and triumph, reflected in ancient landmarks, enduring artistry, and modern life.

The only mention of trade with Cantha was in one of the novels... which has been contradicted by even very old end game lore, and even recent EoD stuff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

The only mention of trade with Cantha was in one of the novels... which has been contradicted by even very old end game lore, and even recent EoD stuff.

well there is a line of one of zephyrites during OG festival of the four winds I think that sort of implies they may have been coming back from cantha, but then zephyrites being zephyrites, not like they would care about potential significance of such... 😉

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Canthan_Scholar

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/end-of-dragons/

It should be noted, the novel came out after the "very old end game lore".

There's also many remnants of changed lore from throughout development, like mention of a blue-hued portal in Lion's Arch leading to the Mist Wars (which was never part of the game but is the after effects of the Balthazar-made portal in LA to WvW), or Jormag rising from Drakkar Lake (a remnant from when the beast eventually called Drakkar was intended to be Jormag).

So by hierarchy of accuracy in canon, the novel comes higher than these obscure and obviously missed-in-editing dialogue.

There's also dialogue in DR where it's said the tengu fought through Zhaitan's hoard - which, it should be noted, happens 90 years after Usoku's campaign began and when the Canthan Scholar claims knowledge with Cantha was cut off.

The recent EoD stuff doesn't contradict it at all, as it and the stream is talking about the beginning of the isolation taking root with Winds of Change (which is straight up wrong if you're interpreting that to mean total isolation and not beginning of isolationist beliefs which is what actually happens in Winds of Change).

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

It should be noted, the novel came out after the "very old end game lore".

And in-game sources override out of game sources, unless its a "word of god" by one of the devs.

There's also dialogue in DR where it's said the tengu fought through Zhaitan's hoard - which, it should be noted, happens 90 years after Usoku's campaign began and when the Canthan Scholar claims knowledge with Cantha was cut off.

And the Canthan scholar mentions that the Tengu fought through Zhaitan's horde later. That doesn't change the fact that Cantha was still cut off since, well, even with the arrival of the Tengu, Cantha was still cut off. The Tengu happen to be cut off from Cantha also.

The recent EoD stuff doesn't contradict it at all, as it and the stream is talking about the beginning of the isolation taking root with Winds of Change (which is straight up wrong if you're interpreting that to mean total isolation and not beginning of isolationist beliefs which is what actually happens in Winds of Change).

I never mentioned the stream, or anything from it, so I'm not sure what evidence you are trying to leverage here.

• Confused 2

18 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Her name is Joon (voiced by Erika). It's not her.

I think that Aetherblades are likely suspect. They are our taxi to Cantha, so they might be trying to tie it all together.

• Like 1