Isn't willbender seem a better weaver ?

WindBlade.8749

Willbender seem a fast paced close combat class that have movement skills with a sword, insl't excatly like weaver ? since it's a dps spec it's gonna reach the 36-40k, so the same about weaver, except it's have every core guardian skills/utilities, if it's excatly the same type of class, willbringer is just a better weaver like holosmith is a better weaver ?

Edited by WindBlade.8749
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• WindBlade.8749 changed the title to Isn't willbender seem a better weaver ?

The first thing I was thinking after seeing Harbringer and Willbringer's dash/engage skills was ...

Yeah, I have Burning Speed with unreliable evade delays, have seen, Earthen Rush making me go ... somewhere ... and Ride The Lightning is still on a longer cool down when I miss my target. I feel good as an Ele. 🤪

• Like 2

To be fair, warrior have a very similar gameplay to the willbender and yet struggle to achieve it's peak dps despite many core traits supporting him in doing so. Whereas the guardian's wealth of damage modifier is pretty low in comparison.

As it stand, the willbender catch my interest because it seem to give new weapon skills to sword main hand but that's all. A bunch of physical skills won't make up for the difference of critical damage potential that the guardian have with other profession (for data reference, there is a 70+% difference with soulbeast).

The willbender will probably do well but stay within reason at around 35k dps potential in PvE and even then it will probably lack the trademark support that a guardian bring usually.

Its sadly a cele dps class not a full dps class every thing tide to ele is always going to be cele base and in being so weaker then other classes. That and anet actively keeps the ele class week. The next major support class from EoD should be the end of Tempest because its also a cele healer not a pure healing class also 2 gen old power creep hehe.

The class that will truly beat weaver dps is more then likely going to be the new necro or new mez they are pure dps classes.

• Confused 1

On 8/12/2021 at 5:40 PM, Skyroar.2974 said:

Willbender is more like the Guardian version of Revenant's S/S Shiro than Weaver.

It's an e-spec that managed the feat of making three classes turn around and say " heyyy that's my thing ! "

(Thief, ele and rev)

Edited by Tabootrinket.2631
grammar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Blocki.4931 said:

That's because Weaver has no place or identity anymore, not because Guardian is encroaching on it 😛

meh, no weaver have an identity, honestly it's more like guardian have no identity for their core or theme so their specs always steal from others from lac of idea, weaver is a battle mage swordmage after all, it's kinda classic.

But honestly with the beta preview willbender steal more from thief this time.

Rip him.

Edited by WindBlade.8749

Forget Willbender. Doesn't it seem like Harbinger takes over the damage slot from all previous Ele damage specs since it can boon share just by pretending to have Ele health pool? Even if it does 80% of Ele damage, its boon sharing makes it seem desirable to bring with groups. Granted its utility slots don't do direct damage, but it has way more "boons on demand" with a single click than Eles have had by having to do combos or trait triggers to get similar things for less duration.

Edited by Terminsel.5728

I am just buged that only weaver is seens as the only dps class ele has not core ele or tempest which have a different type of game play and flow so if you dont like that type of flow your out of luck. DH is a dps class for gurd even core gurd is an dps class and now willbender is another dps class yet the old dps classes of core ele and tempest have not been power creeped like weaver for anet to even see them as dps any more.

• Like 1

Willbender is definitely just a better Elem. But instead of copying weaver, which is focused around sword and staying in place, I think Willbender has more playstyle like that of Dagger

When I saw the spec I definitely thought, "oh great. So it's a Dagger Ele that specializes in Fire and boons". 

Probably Fire, Arcane & Earth if Earth was actually viable. Or Fire/Arcane/Weaver if weaver actually supported Dagger playstyle.  Which it doesn't, just look at the trait Masters Fortitude