Harbinger? More like BOONBRINGER, amirite?

The Boz.2038

New shroud = cool

Having cc other than strictly fear is nice but this does leave a lot of traits stranded as they only work with fear.

Blight at a base level does nothing positive on any skills or any utility its just a negative effect which is bad design.

Should have at least been closer to Holo's heat mechanic (no immediate negative effect unless you over cap) Gives utility or weapon skills bonuses at certain thresholds at a base level.

No hp protection + consuming max hp + no utility access in shroud is kinda sus... not gonna lie

Also no active defenses even scourge at least got a little bit of that so IM EXPECTING THE BIGGEST NUMBERS FOR THE ELIETE.

but lets see what the numbers look like on tuesday.

Those elixir icons need a rework no question ask THEY LOOKED RUSHED and not thought out for a necro theme at all.

Next the elixir mechanics need a rework. All of them are too risky for minor boon rewards. The only time they dont have risk tied to them is if you are capped at max blight..... Some of them should remove blight for bonus effects like increased healing... (lookingat you Elixir of Promise) or give more boons if your blight is over a certain cap. You would think they would have thrown in some nice new animations for consuming potions like evading backwards before you drink it or shadow stepping away and drinking it to really push the mobility aspect which might make them worth the blight cost in that case. 

Harbinger has a single utility trait for its entire kit which is corrupted talent allowing you to enter shroud from 0...

Honestly this is something you should have put in the soul reaping line from day 1

The passive healing for lifefore conversion should be a optional choice not a forced one. 

Said it once and ill say it again... If harbingers numbers are anywhere close to reapers this elite is trash as a dps for the double handed handicaps its placing on itself. If the numbers are grossly higher i hope anet wont nerf them down and forget all the negatives they attached to this elite.

3 hours ago, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

I re-watched the stream to specifically find this. The amount healed was exactly equal to the life force lost on each tick.

this right here

it'll be interesting for sure to see how this all plays out. It looks like this has potential as a hybrid dps/boon support for raiding, a heal/boon bot for zerging, a glass cannon pdps for zerging, and monsterous condi or hybrid roamer.

edit:

possibly also a hilarious troll build with DM+BM

Edited by RisenHowl.2419
  • Haha 1

I'm gonna turn some peoples hair here, but I think the sustain potential of Harbringer will be insane, maybe better than scourge. However, to achieve that, the spec will practically not use the shroud, outside mobility, and won't use the elixirs pretty much either. 

The fact that the shroud life force automatically converts to hp, if you can keep your negative hp at zero, that's a lot of sustain that I'm looking forward to trying in a few days! You'll treat the harbringer shroud more like an Engineer Kit, pop in, use 1 or 2 skills, and leave. 

Frankly though, I think the spec is a little uninspired. Mostly, the elixirs aren't that interesting. Too streamlined, and lacking in creativity on what to do with the new mechanic. Grant boons, lose health... On every skill. 

Still going to be fun to see how much healing you can keep up, by combining with blood magic, torment runes, and the like. Probably some kind of condi kiting build. Completely reversing the battle of Ranger vs Necro in favor of the Necro with this kind of build. It'll be a good ranged killer, while still being vulnerable to classes like Thief and Willbender who can basically ignore a few leaps every 10 seconds, and just stay on target. 

I do hope this boon build works out too though. Seems like what the spec is truly designed for. A boon bot with a loss of sustain and effective health. But I'm gonna try my build first... haha

2 hours ago, Loboling.5293 said:

I'm gonna turn some peoples hair here, but I think the sustain potential of Harbringer will be insane, maybe better than scourge. However, to achieve that, the spec will practically not use the shroud, outside mobility, and won't use the elixirs pretty much either. 

The fact that the shroud life force automatically converts to hp, if you can keep your negative hp at zero, that's a lot of sustain that I'm looking forward to trying in a few days! You'll treat the harbringer shroud more like an Engineer Kit, pop in, use 1 or 2 skills, and leave. 

Frankly though, I think the spec is a little uninspired. Mostly, the elixirs aren't that interesting. Too streamlined, and lacking in creativity on what to do with the new mechanic. Grant boons, lose health... On every skill. 

Still going to be fun to see how much healing you can keep up, by combining with blood magic, torment runes, and the like. Probably some kind of condi kiting build. Completely reversing the battle of Ranger vs Necro in favor of the Necro with this kind of build. It'll be a good ranged killer, while still being vulnerable to classes like Thief and Willbender who can basically ignore a few leaps every 10 seconds, and just stay on target. 

I do hope this boon build works out too though. Seems like what the spec is truly designed for. A boon bot with a loss of sustain and effective health. But I'm gonna try my build first... haha

I think you are forgetting that our strongest skills is in harbinger shroud.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lodjur.1284 said:

Where are you seeing 12.5% damage increase only? 

Stream was 25% but split, could ofc mean pvp/wvw get 25% but nothing I've seen has indicated that, maybe I missed something?

Cmc said that it's 0,5% per stack in pvp modes and I think It would be too strong in those modes to give a 25% mod. On the other hand, this spec seems to have zero defense

Edited by Nimon.7840

On 8/13/2021 at 9:34 PM, The Boz.2038 said:

I actually kinda like what I see here. Very glassy, very cannony necro style with a lot of open avenues for actual team boon support. Numbers need some juggling, but other than that, seems real nice.

i hate it. looks really bad to me, squishy as hell, projectile weapon and at best a smallscale boon machine. fun and games, but nobody needed that.

@Nimon.7840 yeah because potatonet as usual forgets that they don't understand  how Wvw works. reaching the center of fights with this necro specs will be the biggest piece of art.

i will need to try how it plays out surely, but depending on quite some factors, it could be really difficult to pull off.

Edited by kamikharzeeh.8016
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

i hate it. looks really bad to me, squishy as hell, projectile weapon and at best a smallscale boon machine. fun and games, but nobody needed that.

@Nimon.7840 yeah because potatonet as usual forgets that they don't understand  how Wvw works. reaching the center of fights with this necro specs will be the biggest piece of art.

i will need to try how it plays out surely, but depending on quite some factors, it could be really difficult to pull off.

Well it's definitely not a zerg spec. And that's okay. We already got one with scourge.

Reaper for small-scale.

Roaming harbinger might be pretty interesting though

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nimon.7840 said:

Cmc said that it's 0,5% per stack in pvp modes and I think It would be too strong in those modes to give a 25% mod. On the other hand, this spec seems to have zero defense

Ye found it, must have missed it during the stream, hopefully it's only -25% hp then, cause as it stands it seems extremely niche

reaper was and can be used in blobscale also, same as zerker warri and weavers. just depends IF it has options to do stuff, if well played. we will be smarter in barely one day, so yeah.

(like, with perfect support group, ergo scrapper + FB and on a stealth engage, if it can do things like big fast bursts... its legit. it's like dragonhunters biggest dmg perks come from the bursting of the traps brrrrr'ing on yet downed players that haven't been cautious enough, best real dps are still weavers and heralds, and even core guard is effectively better than dh)