Legendary armor by pve exploration [Merged]

17 minutes ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

I tried , LFG was filled with LI .

Twice someone  recognized me from Fractal  , and he knew that i do low dps and kicked me .

Some people flood the forums, because others flood the forums not allowing the first group to have an easy mode .

Then they say on the forums , we don't want those  "bads"  at their groups and tell them to L2P .

How about we put the Raid bosses in the open world , and change nothing  about his mechanic or HP or that he needs 10 people .

The only thing that wil change is the appearance .

Would that count as Raid's and i am allowed to get the Raid Set ?

Nope but it would be quite funny seeing 90% of people die to instant death mechanics tho.

And the crying on forum would be on another level.

Edit

Automatic lfg would fail just like public strikes did.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Nope but it would be quite funny seeing 90% of people die to instant death mechanics tho.

And the crying on forum would be on another level.

Edit

Automatic lfg would fail just like public strikes did.

They might learn , or drop it like Triple Worm.

Lets try

If it doesn't work , reskin it and use it again 6 months later in some other part .

If they will do  better this time around , they are getting better and they can clear it in the 3rd iteration

The major problem , will be boycotting

Edited by Captain Kuro.8937
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

its kinda sad how on point this is, but what else -can- we do? Its not like they send out surveys etc. We have the forums and reddit.

There is a massive difference between offering feedback to a developer and a 27 pages of a half dozen people arguing about who has the biggest "feedback".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

We asked for an easy mode

And you got it.

The developers created a whole new branch of content that progressively taught the basics. They didn't just dumb down old encounters, they created entirely new ones.
It started with "Stack and dodge red circles", progressed to "don't blow your cooldowns during inv phases for max rewards" and went on from there.

They heaped on a ton of exclusive rewards including the easiest/cheapest path to ascended armor in the game, a brand new and very nice looking armor set, a freely earnable cape ect ect.....

And how did one side of this debate respond?

They flooded the forums with 100% fictional  anecdotes about gatekeeping, babyraged because an episode's meta achievement required participation and complained ad nauseum about how "unrewarding" the content was/is because they were not given LI for beating Shiverpeaks Pass.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Shikaru.7618 said:

Total tangent but if it's taking a static 2 to 5 hours to clear a single wing, that static needs some major help. There are people who simply cannot pilot their roles or don't even realize they're making mistakes that are leading to catastrophic failure. I've seen groups like this before who can't kill bosses consistently and have no idea why other than "we gotta do it better", or point out surface level mistakes but don't ever fix the root cause (eg. You got ported on vg. But why though? Where was that person's attention when they got ported?) . If you want some help and you're on NA I'd be happy to help your group figure out what's going on.

I think the issue is by the time they get around to helping me out with stuff(If they even do, its been twice so far.), they arent taking it seriously, because they have gotten their loot, and already cleared all the wings that week.(they do it monday 2 hours after reset, and well i cant stay up for that.).

Heres the thing, i would love to join a group that can, and does clear them with ease. Im not familiar with all the mechanics in the wings though.

W1, 3 and 4 are the ones i know the best, ive done W2, 5, 6 and..7?(is there a 7?) 0 times. I have killed Matthias in Wing 2, but that was so long ago i wouldnt say i remember it.

Ive got my sb set up with power/condi builds(running shortbow for condi due to some hand issues). If you really wanna bring me along id be down, i just need a heads up, i dont mind learning and i do listen. Hate being the person who causes stuff to fail ^^;

38 minutes ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

I tried , LFG was filled with LI .

Did you though? I was already proving this multiple times to be a repeated misconception (about "there are only LI req squads in lfg" or "I'd need scxheduled guild trainings, but I don't have the time, so it's locked for me" and so on) . Here's one more time for you, around the time you've posted your response:

https://i.imgur.com/LcxDAxs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FoWlY8O.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ac55FNl.jpg

Yes, there are repeated squads, but each screenshot shows a new training/no req/low req squad pop up. It proves that:

1) screenshots were made consecutively, not "camped" over long time to somehow snap "that rare training raid". It's not rare.

2) Those squads don't immediately disappear from the list. Sure, some might get filled quickly, but as presented, a lot just doesn't, so it's not some camp/rush it or miss it thing.

And the fact that I've included "feel welcomed", which is part of your post I've responded above should be enough of a proof that it's a screenshot from after I've made the last response in this thread (to be more accurate: about 10 minutes after my last response here). Overally you would do better off by "camping forum" less and instead actually using lfg more. Maybe you don't want to because you think those squads aren't a thing or something, but they really are. Stop repeating misconceptions/lies you read on the forum.

Some people flood the forums, because others flood the forums not allowing the first group to have an easy mode .

Pretty clearly what happens here is the REVERSE situation of what you're trying to claim now.

How about we put the Raid bosses in the open world , and change nothing  about his mechanic or HP or that he needs 10 people .

The only thing that wil change is the appearance .

Would that count as Raid's and i am allowed to get the Raid Set ?

...what?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

And you got it.

The developers created a whole new branch of content that progressively taught the basics. They didn't just dumb down old encounters, they created entirely new ones.
It started with "Stack and dodge red circles", progressed to "don't blow your cooldowns during inv phases for max rewards" and went on from there.

They heaped on a ton of exclusive rewards including the easiest/cheapest path to ascended armor in the game, a brand new and very nice looking armor set, a freely earnable cape ect ect.....

They flooded the forums with 100% fictional  anecdotes about gatekeeping, babyraged because an episode's meta achievement required participation and complained ad nauseum about how "unrewarding" the content was/is because they were not given LI for beating Shiverpeaks Pass.

Yeah they created new ones (strikes) to teach us mechanics  , and the Raiders are angry atm , to  the company for not continuing with the Raids production and they are hoping anything Raid-related for  EoD .

But the Raid population where the first to say they don't need easy Raid , because it will reduce  the Raid production or people in general won't progress to Hardmode .

There should be an alternate way to get the set .

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

41 minutes ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

They might learn , or drop it like Triple Worm.

Lets try

If it doesn't work , reskin it and use it again 6 months later in some other part .

If they will do  better this time around , they are getting better and they can clear it in the 3rd iteration

The major problem , will be boycotting

No, the major problem is that you're just describing world bosses and pretend they'd still be raids, while clearly encouraging freeloading. And that's probably exactly your goal here, right? Right.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Did you though? I was already proving this multiple times to be a repeated misconception (about "there are only LI req squads in lfg" or "I'd need scxheduled guild trainings, but I don't have the time, so it's locked for me" and so on) . Here's one more time for you, around the time you've posted your response:

https://i.imgur.com/LcxDAxs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FoWlY8O.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ac55FNl.jpg

Yes, there are repeated squads, but each screenshot shows a new training/no req/low req squad pop up. It proves that:

1) screenshots were made consecutively, not "camped" over long time to somehow snap "that rare training raid". It's not rare.

2) Those squads don't immediately disappear from the list. Sure, some might get filled quickly, but as presented, a lot just doesn't, so it's not some camp/rush it or miss it thing.

And the fact that I've included "feel welcomed", which is part of your post I've responded above should be enough of a proof that it's a screenshot from after I've made the last response in this thread (to be more accurate: about 10 minutes after my last response here). Overally you would do better off by "camping forum" less and instead actually using lfg more. Maybe you don't want to because you think those squads aren't a thing or something, but they really are. Stop repeating misconceptions/lies you read on the forum.

Pretty clearly what happens here is the REVERSE situation of what you're trying to claim now.

...what?

And when i go in those free of Li , but they need experience , they will kick me for not doing high dps or dying once

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

That one side wasnt just the folks who asked for an easy mode raid though, it was alot of people. Even I was annoyed by that inclusion, and still am. But ive always had the though that meta achievements for zones should have enough achievements that everyone including the worst players can do them, with enough to spare that if a player cannot do the harder achievements there are others available. Strikes being included was fine, strikes being mandatory was a big ol no, and hey thankfully anet listened. Strikes werent required for Drizzlewood Coast, a good thing imo.

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What we know is that crafting gen 2 was and is more expansive than gen 1.

Untrue on the second part. When gen2 was initially released, the prices were calculated to be pretty much on par with gen1. Nevermore in example was cheaper than Bifrost. That changed primarily due to Mystic Coin prices going way, way up since then, which was not something anyone could predict (in fact, the game economist then was trying to assure everyone that the MC prices will stop increasing as soon as people will stop hoarding them, which was supposedly to happen "any time now").

So, if gen2 legendaries are now more expensive, it is not part of Anet's plan, and not how it was supposed to be originally.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

And when i go in those free of Li , but they need experience , they will kick me for not doing high dps or dying once

Claiming they all "need experience" is a lie. They don't.

And it's interesting because when I join trianing/low req/nop req squads, nobody is getting kicked for failing 🤔 It might be another case if you just want to leech instead of learning, but from what I see, people generally want to learn and nobody has a problem with that.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

Yeah they created new ones (strikes) to teach us mechanics  , and the Raiders are angry atm , to  the company for not continuing with the Raids production and they are hoping anything Raid-related for  EoD .

But the Raid population where the first to say they don't need easy Raid , because it will reduce  the Raid production or people in general won't progress to Hardmode .

There should be an alternate way to get the set .

Not matter how much you feel the need to scapegoat them, Anet doesn't give a flying eff at a rolling donut what raiders think.

Source: Lack of raids.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Claiming they all "need experience" is a lie. They don't.

And it's interesting because when I join trianing/low req/nop req squads, nobody is getting kicked for failing 🤔 It's another case if you just want to leech instead of learning.

In the 3 print schreens you showed me , maybe they forgot to type join "trianing/low req/nop req squads"

Just give me an easy mode and let me "leach" if you believe so

• Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

Why is that ?

Nothing will change

There would be 10 people ,same DPS + Hp

What exaclty is the problem with placing them into the open world ?

Do you understand what "open world" is? If you want it to have a hard limit to 10 people, it won't be ow, it would be instanced. It's exactly what raids are now -"10 people killing a boss without changed mechanics". I don't understand what you're even proposing here, but apparently it's somehow supposed to be instanced and ow at the same time?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

In the 3 print schreens you showed me , maybe they forgot to type join "trianing/low req/nop req squads"

Why would you need specifically "low req/no req" written in squad decription when there's simply no requirements in them...? What do you think I mean when I write "low req"/"no req"?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

Not matter how much you feel the need to scapegoat them, Anet doesn't give a flying eff at a rolling donut what raiders think.

Source: Lack of raids.

The Raid community said , no Easy mode .

The company obliged and took the long one to teach from scratch the population .

Most likely , we will move to FF14 mode , with single bosses (or 2) but not decorations on the Wall.

There could be a 'big bad" every 5 months althought that deserve a proper full Raid...

There could be an "on progress" Raid that Release each boss every 1,5 month and "black mist" block the way to the second room , or you fight  "shadows" , in shadowly rooms , instead of the 2 other bosses.

And use all these assets and put them in a platform that will sink in the ground of a"specific" Open World Map , that rotates "instance"  (lets say a Fractal mad scientist , try to recreate Fractal in the locations) .

When the events start the platform will rise with sand and  sandstorm will behave as walls

(or you will get swollow (Dune Worms) by the sand and earthquake  and teleport your party underneath the ground , where the platform and a creppy gate are.

Or multi-layer castle flying on the air  , with the goal to complete the instance and damage a fragile part of it .

If the community manage to heavily damage the castle and  fall before the ed of the week , it offers gold or  unlocks  a Horde-Zombie-Survive instance/map/LA , for the whole Server (World War Z - movie)

Or when community goals have been met ,  Items for Npcs cost less ? Or the Flying castle unlock rooms , which one of them might have a chest , while the others will "force" the company to release faster the Next Strike Boss ,  or replace/upgrade   an existing Strike Boss)

Edited by Captain Kuro.8937
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Untrue on the second part. When gen2 was initially released, the prices were calculated to be pretty much on par with gen1. Nevermore in example was cheaper than Bifrost. That changed primarily due to Mystic Coin prices going way, way up since then, which was not something anyone could predict (in fact, the game economist then was trying to assure everyone that the MC prices will stop increasing as soon as people will stop hoarding them, which was supposedly to happen "any time now").

So, if gen2 legendaries are now more expensive, it is not part of Anet's plan, and not how it was supposed to be originally.

That would suggest they didn't know MC price is going up and it was pretty much always going up, so trying to claim "it wasn't the plan" is a far reach based on the assumption that they didn't see what we know they saw.

One way or another, even if the price would be similar, it changes nothing about the main point of the post you've just "responded to", while carefully avoiding what it said in its entirety. As a reminder: it was about the claim "gen 3 will be crafter by litterally everyone since we all have the precursor". If they somehow flip the price of legendary weapons to be based in majority on precursor acquisition, then that miiight be true. But for all we currently know about legendary gear acquisition, that claim is completely baseless.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 3

20 minutes ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

Because , the "default" is not to die once and deal more than 14k

Where did you get that information from? That might be "the default [expectation]" in high LI/KP req squads, but even in those I still had someone failing, not getting kicked and continuing with the rest of the bosses.

So no, it's not.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Pretty sure it was already answered to multiple times, one of the answers: Because requiring to play through the broader content of the game than just the -usually very basic- open world to acquire full legendary gear doesn't seem unreasonable. And I'm fine with it exactly because it doesn't give any actual power over the ascended gear. It would be a problem if it did. But it doesn't, so it's not.

So you could do that then, but somehow can't do it now? You can do it even easier now. You don't need to use mystic forge.

But a PVP player for legendary armor won't have to play through the broad game to get his legendary armor, and PvP doesn't even use legendary armor.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

come on... let's be honest. open any lfg for any content , be it just fractal t4 and li are required which is plain stupid to me 

you can say it's right or not to have a group with a certain level of skill but do not say that li gatekeeping is fictional since it is a lie. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

Instead of spending a whole week on this non-constructive ranting, how about 15 minutes figuring out a simple DPS rotation on a training golem?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1