DONT FIX WEAVER

solemn.9608

6 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I think the elementalist forum was the first time I saw a class community defending a game breaking bug so much to try to keep it.....

Play anything other than fire arcane barrier weaver while roaming and you'll see pretty quick why that is lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Hell Nirvana.9045 said:

I think this could've been a foundation to make Weaver fun again.

Of course you gotta bring down the barrier gain down by a lot, and not have it activate on harvest nodes, trying to mount up while in combat etc. And make it combat-only.

+1

Yeah, like I don't think anyone genuinely wanted it to be as game breaking as it was. But like, even 1/4 of that would've helped so much with the slight bias toward other classes right now. I mean, we could all just run healing power burn/fire arcane barrier weaver but not everyone wants to be locked into one spec.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, solemn.9608 said:

+1

Yeah, like I don't think anyone genuinely wanted it to be as game breaking as it was. But like, even 1/4 of that would've helped so much with the slight bias toward other classes right now. I mean, we could all just run healing power burn/fire arcane barrier weaver but not everyone wants to be locked into one spec.

I legit saw people writing in the forum "it wasn't even OP, you could still kill the weaver if they fought you 1v2!".

5 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I legit saw people writing in the forum "it wasn't even OP, you could still kill the weaver if they fought you 1v2!".

A lot of classes can hold 1v2-3 for minutes pretty "easily" in pvp or without the right counter.  Ren, scourges, or even weaver spamming evades and barriers before this bug.

The issue on this bug was more you could facetank everything, and burn everything; but that was fun.

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508

2 minutes ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

A lot of classes can hold 1v2-3 for minutes pretty "easily" in pvp or without the right counter.  Ren, scourges, or even weaver spamming evades and barriers before this bug.

The issue on this bug was more you could facetank everything, and burn everything; but that was fun.

I know and that wasn't my point. My point was that there are legit people who defended this broken bug as "not being OP".

I would not mind seeing full atuments (the moment you go into doable of the atument) as a weaver to give barrier i like to see overload give the tempest barrier and core ele to get barrier over getting heal on swap from arcain line. Barrier fits the mages class soo much better then self healing.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

I would not mind seeing full atuments (the moment you go into doable of the atument) as a weaver to give barrier i like to see overload give the tempest barrier and core ele to get barrier over getting heal on swap from arcain line. Barrier fits the mages class soo much better then self healing.

Hm, don't think so. Water magic is commonly associated with healing magic in many fantasy settings, including Tyria.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I think the elementalist forum was the first time I saw a class community defending a game breaking bug so much to try to keep it.....

There's a reason for that, just like there's a reason engineers go to other profession forums to make sure they don't become completely irrelevant.

I agree in pvp it's busted. In pve though, they could adjust the value, but having an activation throughout a rotation in PvE is actually reasonable.
A condi weaver rotation is insane and really akin to a Fighting Game convoluted combo, with timing and almost just frame combinations. I also find myself having to plink my inputs (in an MMO with its latency). All that effort just to be relevant in a group and then being downed because you didn't dodge once with your seventh left hand finger.

What would have been cool imo : 
Maybe (if possible though it might not be) decrease the duration of the barrier on weaver, adjust the value, and then keep the activation on weapon skills and attunements. That way, there may still be few gaps in the defence when the rotation input gets slower, it compliments the insane rotation with a bit of sustainability to catch up with the other professions, and punishes you if you mess up the combinations or are stuck in a cool down and don't dodge/defend.

It's a onesided view so I might have overlooked some situations, but I believe that may be an opinion shared by some of us here

Edited by Tabootrinket.2631
grammar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tabootrinket.2631 said:

There's a reason for that, just like there's a reason engineers go to other profession forums to make sure they don't become completely irrelevant.

I agree in pvp it's busted. In pve though, they could adjust the value, but having an activation throughout a rotation in PvE is actually reasonable.
A condi weaver rotation is insane and really akin to a Fighting Game convoluted combo, with timing and almost just frame combinations. I also find myself having to plink my inputs (in an MMO with its latency). All that effort just to be relevant in a group and then being downed because you didn't dodge once with your seventh left hand finger.

What would have been cool imo : 
Maybe (if possible though it might not) decrease the duration of the barrier on weaver, adjust the value, and then keep the activation on weapon skills and attunements. That way, there may still be few gaps in the defence when the rotation input gets slower, it compliments the insane rotation with a bit of sustainability to catch up with the other professions, and punishes you if mess up the combinations or are stuck in a cool down and don't dodge/defend.

It's a onesided view so I might have overlooked some situations, but I believe that may be an opinion shared by some of us here

Yeah, I mean that's basically just sanctuary rune + heal signet, but having that by default would make things much smoother across the board in all game modes, although it should probably be less strong in the pvp mode. Would be great for wvw.

6 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Hm, don't think so. Water magic is commonly associated with healing magic in many fantasy settings, including Tyria.

They go a bit overboard on that though here. Water/Hydromancy is the most versatile element and highly destructive with full control over all organic life since it's within all of it. You could literally just detonate someone's body or use it as a puppet as much as you could surgically repair them. It can shape itself into all kinds of things, reach anywhere and crush, trap, dissect, drown, etc anything regardless of how strong they are. And of course it crosses itself into Ice and Blood magic for even more fun. 

Also; tentacles.

Some developers are just boring and uncreative with it.  Everything should be able to full DPS+their own tag-on gimmick.

58 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

They go a bit overboard on that though here. Water/Hydromancy is the most versatile element and highly destructive with full control over all organic life since it's within all of it. You could literally just detonate someone's body or use it as a puppet as much as you could surgically repair them. It can shape itself into all kinds of things, reach anywhere and crush, trap, dissect, drown, etc anything regardless of how strong they are. And of course it crosses itself into Ice and Blood magic for even more fun. 

Also; tentacles.

Some developers are just boring and uncreative with it.  Everything should be able to full DPS+their own tag-on gimmick.

I personally don't think this is "boring and uncreative"...

Let's be honest, magic can get used to explain literally anything you want.

And using magic in this way makes it boring, since it becomes a deus ex machina.

Detonating enemies?

You can use water magic as you described. Or use air magic, expanding the air in the enemies lungs to make them explode. Or you use earth magic in blood bending technique, since iron is a crucial component of your blood, to rip the enemy apart from within.

Want heal allies? Water magic is an option. Same for earth magic, since most of the tissue of our bodies is made of carbon and other minerals.

Need to withstand enemy attacks? Earth magic usually associated with that, like encapsulating yourself with an earth armor. You could do this with water magic, too. Or air magic by creating a powerful win around you which deflects all attacks.

To make magic really interesting, it needs limitations and focus. Stuff the magic school is good at and stuff it simply can't do. It is called water magic, but this doesn't have to mean that it gives you absolute control over everything which contents the slightest amount of water.

Anet is actually even quite broad in their usage of elemental magic thematically...

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

The though was more about arcain line for atument swaps giving barrier not healing. I guess core ele is not arcain line so maybe earth line geting it as well as a GM say dimon skin.