Soulbeast Aura & Fashion Wars

Vavume.8065

I have an issue with the soulbeast aura in that I cannot design my character the way I want to, for example anyone who wants to have a frost or fire themed soulbeast is just going to look stupid with a green aura around them, who ever designed this aura clearly did not have fashion wars in mind, and since fashion wars is actually a pillar of this game I find it kind of ridiculous to have been overlooked. Sure you can design a soulbeast around the green aura theme but it limits your choices greatly, I would like to see an option to hide the aura or just straight up remove it.

@kharmin.7683 said:Removing/hiding the aura was requested when soulbeast was released. If they haven't done it by now, I don't think that they will.

Yeah I know I was one of the people requesting it be changed when we first saw it, I just still live in hope that at some point they may do something, Arenanet have a habit of taking a long time to get around to things, I have seen it happen many times before, look at rime rimmed breather for example, we asked for that change for years, finally they did it.

I can't see them hiding or removing it as it's likely meant to be a tell to show whether or not the player is merged - even if there is an icon on the buffs bar showing which archetype is merged.

I think making it possible to change the colour, or for it to tie to a colour for part of what you're wearing, would be more likely but that'd just open a whole new can of worms and people would be asking for all sorts of abilities to get dye channels. Which, again, would likely mess w/ tells for abilities.

I'd assume it's a lot more work than it may seem like and they probably want to have at least something visible to show the person is merged.

@Vavume.8065 said:

I think making it possible to change the colour,

I would be happy if they tied changing the color to the grandmaster traits, 3 diff colors (Red, Green, Blue) depending on which you choose, kinda like how thief can change the dodge.So you would choose your Grandmaster trait on your Elite depending on the color of the Aura?

@mindcircus.1506 said:

I think making it possible to change the colour,

I would be happy if they tied changing the color to the grandmaster traits, 3 diff colors (Red, Green, Blue) depending on which you choose, kinda like how thief can change the dodge.So you would choose your Grandmaster trait on your Elite depending on the color of the Aura?

Since I cannot even play soulbeast due to the aura then yes I would, soulbeast traits are garbage anyway, I want to play soulbeast for the pet skills.

Quite unfortunate for you but thats just kinda closed-box kinda thinking imo and if you notice almost every elite spec has some sort of unique profession aura, if anything i would try to take great advantage of them. I think aura is minimal anyways, just don't merge while out of combat and when merged in combat it doesn't even matter cause alot of visual effects/ skill animations/ just everything basically will just look out-shadow it and will look like a visual mess. I sort of have the same problem with mesmer and the mirage dodge animation but i love it so much i try to make a look based off it.

@necromaniac.7629 said:Quite unfortunate for you but thats just kinda closed-box kinda thinking imo and if you notice almost every elite spec has some sort of unique profession aura, if anything i would try to take great advantage of them. I think aura is minimal anyways, just don't merge while out of combat and when merged in combat it doesn't even matter cause alot of visual effects/ skill animations/ just everything basically will just look out-shadow it and will look like a visual mess. I sort of have the same problem with mesmer and the mirage dodge animation but i love it so much i try to make a look based off it.

We live on different planets... your logic is alien to me.

@Vavume.8065 said:

@necromaniac.7629 said:Quite unfortunate for you but thats just kinda closed-box kinda thinking imo and if you notice almost every elite spec has some sort of unique profession aura, if anything i would try to take great advantage of them. I think aura is minimal anyways, just don't merge while out of combat and when merged in combat it doesn't even matter cause alot of visual effects/ skill animations/ just everything basically will just look out-shadow it and will look like a visual mess. I sort of have the same problem with mesmer and the mirage dodge animation but i love it so much i try to make a look based off it.

We live on different planets... your logic is alien to me.Well you sound close-minded for someone who cares about fashion wars. I have thought about stuff like this all the while, i'm not gonna make some green aura hinder my creative fashion sense, ice-themed slb with aura looks dumb? fine. make a ice-themed reaper or something, aura is the least of the problem considering how expensive fashion wars can be.

I've made two Rangers so far that have been able to fit around the color scheme of the green cloud. My issue is that said cloud seems a bit too... large. If only it were a bit more subtle.

I mean, I'm not too fond of the color myself, but every class has its unique ability colors. This one just happens to be so very dominating.

Each Mesmer spell is purple, the hands of the Revenants are colored by the legend that is also being used, Ele has a similar concept to Rev, etc ... they are manifestations of their magic and you should design your equipment not considering this or create a profession that does not use magic.

@"KidRoleplay.3615" said:I've made two Rangers so far that have been able to fit around the color scheme of the green cloud. My issue is that said cloud seems a bit too... large. If only it were a bit more subtle.

I mean, I'm not too fond of the color myself, but every class has its unique ability colors. This one just happens to be so very dominating.

I think this is intended. It is a visual indicator for your enemy in PvP "this guy is merged with his pet now".You can actually be glad, that is way more subtle than the indicator for holosmith's photonforge.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@"KidRoleplay.3615" said:I've made two Rangers so far that have been able to fit around the color scheme of the green cloud. My issue is that said cloud seems a bit too... large. If only it were a bit more subtle.

I think this is intended. It is a visual indicator for your enemy in PvP "this guy is merged with his pet now".You can actually be glad, that is way more subtle than the indicator for holosmith's photonforge.

Yeah, I'm aware. Granted, holosmith's effect seems like a bigger deal for the opponent to know than Soulbeast. It's akin to Reaper Shroud in that you know a sudden shift into dangerous skills has now happened. Soulbeast gets a few skills and stat boosts, and you can otherwise tell that their pet is missing. Maybe it's more of a benefit for really hectic fights.

• 3 weeks later...