Time for an in house DPS/Heal meter.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@keenedge.9675 said:That is in the same category as 'gear inspection'. Too divisive.

Nah. An in house DPS meter can be hard-coded to give out just the account user's DPS/Heals and no one else's. Unlike the 3rd party ones that give out the entire party's DPS output from raw server data.

It's not all or nothing.

Dont know why it hasn't been done.

Would be nice.

Won't happen though, 'cuz "Muh casuals getting turned away from parties!"

Even though this already happens with stuff like LI/Killproof. I wouldn't be surprised if people did what happens in other MMO's and ask for parse logs from the third party software too...

Agreed. I like to benchmark my builds but it is not so important to me to update arc all the time.Whoever wants to dps check others can already do it so it won't really change a thing. It might on the other hand improve people's play when they will see where they fit.

@"Taril.8619" said:Would be nice.

Won't happen though, 'cuz "Muh casuals getting turned away from parties!"

Even though this already happens with stuff like LI/Killproof. I wouldn't be surprised if people did what happens in other MMO's and ask for parse logs from the third party software too...

IKR?

Everyday I do fractals at reset, and every day I start my own group because the listings always ask for specific ALAC or HB or Super DPS.

I dont do any of those. My rotation is basically "support." I DPS a little, heal a little, CC a little with DPS reaching maybe 5-8k on good days depending on who is feeding me boons.

As soon as someone gets on my case about my DPS, I leave the group and block them. Dont even bother arguing. But I am constantly testing new builds and rotations and that is where a good DPS/Heal meter would come in fine for me.

My "holy grail" is to be able to do the T4 CMs without being carried. Still in work.

BTW: I have formed fantastic groups without asking for specifics. Everyone knows what is needed without having to micromanage them.

@"Lyttle.9426" said:Im tired of using 3rd party dps meters to track my own progress. They tend to be unstable.

ArcDPS is actually pretty stable (not for all users though), when it does work for you... as of this writing, it's current borked by the new patch and yeah the arcdps dev has a life too so you cant expect it to be updated the second the patch hits but it does usually get updated relatively quick.

though im with you on that i'd love a UI option to to display DPS and have it's own menu hidden away somewhere where you can review the whole encounter/combat history. may or may not need an option to "hide your stats/opt-out from party/raid/public parse" so other people would not whine about having their dps checked.

I think an official personal DPS meter would be a good thing for the game as you would be the only one who has access to your data. There were other games with build in personal meters and not a single one of them had the issues some people claim they would bring.

Also, iirc A-Net once said something like "the top players do ~10 times as much damage as the average casual". Well, how do you think they got these numbers if not for them already using DPS meters to monitor player performance?

@Lyttle.9426 said:

@keenedge.9675 said:That is in the same category as 'gear inspection'. Too divisive.

I think gear inspect would be an excellent QoL feature

Only with permission of the inspectee. Generate a temp inspection key and post it in chat that can be used for others to see your gear.Why?Just about every other major MMO I have played allows this kind of functionality without some form of silly consent mechanism.

As a veteran healer in here and other games I'd really like to see a meter that focuses on healing sincethat information is good to know since like every patch seems to fuck up whole classes every time and I'd also be nice since not everyone receives all the healing because some people still don't know what stacking is.

On the topic of gear inspection...

Just do what most other modern MMO's do and have an opt out setting.

Make it so that if you opt out, then people can still see what skins/dyes you're using, but not the fact that you're actually wearing trash like Vigilant gear.

Simple.

This is> @Lyttle.9426 said:

So now that this thread is going, how do we get the attention of the devs to let them know this is what the community wants? All this balancing and re-tweeking patch after patch is meaningless if you cant see your own numbers.

this isn't what the community wants

@Taril.8619 said:On the topic of gear inspection...

Just do what most other modern MMO's do and have an opt out setting.

Make it so that if you opt out, then people can still see what skins/dyes you're using, but not the fact that you're actually wearing trash like Vigilant gear.

Simple.

Or, have an opt in setting so that those who really want this can turn it on. Just as simple.

@Lyttle.9426 said:

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:This is> @Lyttle.9426 said:

So now that this thread is going, how do we get the attention of the devs to let them know this is what the community wants? All this balancing and re-tweeking patch after patch is meaningless if you cant see your own numbers.

this isn't what the community wants

Why not?Because the forums do not represent the majority of the community, so saying that this is something that the community wants is flawed.@Tails.9372 said:I think an official personal DPS meter would be a good thing for the game as you would be the only one who has access to your data. There were other games with build in personal meters and not a single one of them had the issues some people claim they would bring.I would agree with this.

Only with permission of the inspectee. Generate a temp inspection key and post it in chat that can be used for others to see your gear.Why?Just about every other major MMO I have played allows this kind of functionality without some form of silly consent mechanism.

GW2 isn't every other major MMO. And IMO it shouldn't be.

@kharmin.7683 said:

GW2 isn't every other major MMO. And IMO it shouldn't be.I'm not sure this is a good argument against such a useful QoL addition.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

GW2 isn't every other major MMO. And IMO it shouldn't be.I'm not sure this is a good argument against such a useful QoL addition.

I'm not sure it is a good argument for it, either.