Anyone know how to do the impressive pugilist ach in jormag rising? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Anyone know how to do the impressive pugilist ach in jormag rising?

LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

Says lunge or riposte. Being a necromancer I have no blocks, so how do you do lunge? I tried to charge with the reaper charge skill. But that did nothing.

Comments

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

I got it with my scourge also no block. But I just got it all during the fight, did not really notice what I did :/
    Not really helpful but just wanted to let you know it can be done with necro.

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2020

I got it on a Daredevil, also not sure what I did besides dodge and stuff. I did try to use my whole set of skills and utilities (pistol/pistol/staff, several DD utilities). There really wasn't time to spot what was doing what.

Ahah, found it in the achieves panel. You need to:
    Break the Defiance Bar
    Dodge two attacks back to back
    Dodge an attack, then land a crit hit right after
    Avoid damage from a fire field
    Avoid a snare
    Avoid a shock wave

No lunge or riposte needed unless that dodge/crit thing counts.

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Donari.5237 said:
    I got it on a Daredevil, also not sure what I did besides dodge and stuff. I did try to use my whole set of skills and utilities (pistol/pistol/staff, several DD utilities). There really wasn't time to spot what was doing what.

Ahah, found it in the achieves panel. You need to:
    Break the Defiance Bar
    Dodge an attack, then land a crit hit right after
    Avoid damage from a fire field
    Avoid a snare
    Avoid a shock wave

No lunge or riposte needed unless that dodge/crit thing counts.

Thank you alot!
    finally finished it. It was this one that I struggled with figuring what to do.: > Dodge an attack, then land a crit hit right after

• Zhaid Zhem.6508Zhaid Zhem.6508 Member ✭✭✭✭

What i'm supposed to dodge ? Every attacks twice ? I don't get this one.

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

Means simply dodge two attacks in a row. Could be the wolverine rearing up at you twice, or once and jumping over the nova blast as well.

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

I double-dodged that energy wave thing on my staff elementalist and it counted. I had inadvertently done 5/6 except that double dodge on my first try without having any idea what was going on. 🤣

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

Did it on a warrior. Got 5/6 first go before I knew about the achieve. Equiped a hammer and the kick skill and went back in for the breakbar one. Extremely easy on a warrior.

The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

• @Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

I did it on the aoe attack, just dodged back two times

Almorra (to Bangar): Kiss my hairy A$$!

• Following up how do you riposte or dive on necro? Only missing these two.

• For the one that tells you to dodge two attacks, i found that dodging backwards just as the big aoe shockwave hits you allows you to very easily dodge multiple hits.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

I did the achievement on a Reaper, got 4/6 on the first try (the one required for story progression) then redid it again and got the last 2. I have no idea what I did, or what I needed to do based on the achievement tooltip, but got it done anyways. Take that as feedback.

• Doghouse.1562Doghouse.1562 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2020

Did it on one account on a Reaper, just dodged, spammed attacks and skills and so on as I normally do, got the whole thing first time. Did it on a second account (again on a Reaper), got everything but the double dodge first time. I have mostly no idea what I did on either occasion to trigger successes. Just keep mobile, work on his break bar, and try to dodge stuff (maybe in multiple directions?) when you can, basically.