Fire Keep exploit

misterman.1530

@"Nugget.7203" said:only cowards resort to exploit

Well, the server we are facing has done this several times over the past week. It's crazy. But this is the first time we've been able to clearly confirm it. And when I tried to whisper the player I got "Network Error 3015:... " which is interesting as well.

@"TheGrimm.5624" said:Not sure its just fire. Seeing a lot of what people are calling ghosts this week. You can't hit them and after enough people are around they port. Need to get some recording software.

This does not have to be an exploit. Sometimes, the game server/client is somehow "out of sync" and where you see a character and where it really is, is different.

This happend some time ago even to our commander in a zerg after he died. We could not revive him at the position where the whole zerg saw his corpse, but when he directed us to the position where he saw himself, we could revive him there without seeing his corpse at that position.

@misterman.1530 said:Is there a Fire Keep exploit that allows someone to get in without taking down walls or gates? Saw swords on kitten, went to investigate. Nothing was down on inner nor outer. It hadn't just tiered to T2, it had been T2 for a while.

There have been third party tools since launch that let you move anywhere/anyway you want. Sadly, anet doesn't run any active detection tools to prevent it. And, the only time they will take action is if you send in multiple videos of the person using said tool. But, even then, they will be back in a week if action even is taken. Even the reporting email address that anet used to take reports at is down. Only way is to submit a ticket with the video, offending acct name, and then pray.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@misterman.1530 said:Is there a Fire Keep exploit that allows someone to get in without taking down walls or gates? Saw swords on kitten, went to investigate. Nothing was down on inner nor outer. It hadn't just tiered to T2, it had been T2 for a while.

There have been third party tools since launch that let you move anywhere/anyway you want. Sadly, anet doesn't run any active detection tools to prevent it. And, the only time they will take action is if you send in multiple videos of the person using said tool. But, even then, they will be back in a week if action even is taken. Even the reporting email address that anet used to take reports at is down. Only way is to submit a ticket with the video, offending acct name, and then pray.

This is what I meant I only recently found out about the email address being offline . There are 3 problems in addition with this.1.) You can't often say if it was cheating or not even experts who play this game for years have often problems to tell if the players cheats or not problem is that there are too many teleport and stealth abilities so if you are careful nobody can tell for sure. I think Arena.NET gets because of this tons of wrong cheat reports and limited the report ability because of this and it is not only TP hacks there is also allegedly no clip cheat and there are either cheats or really not balanced builds out there .

What I mean with this I can in PvE as swordweaver with experience say my 24k with good RNG on Cm Arkk are pretty good. Maybe with a better rota/team 28k are possible but I have seen 32k burn FB and 46k DH (60k on B2). Especially with the DH there was something really wrong and yes this was in the last few week.

2.)About glitching simply through basically in fractals this happens all the time all reported since forever for most players it become the standard how to run it. There are also other problems in wvw like going into the corner of the map and ending up before the champs on the other side never worked for me and not sure if this still a thing . There are also at least one bug which persist on the dessert map since the beginning also there is also at least one vanilla missions when you run the wrong way around a pillar the mission don't go further. Basically 2 years of full time work for a level designer here for fixing bugs and glitches.

3.) That the server doesn't bounce people back who TP I don't know why it doesn't many mmo have security stuff in it which prevents it . True in some MMO people find ways to do it anyway but honesty you should simply not thrust the client (like no no I was here already here 5 minutes ago forged packets if this some says anything)you track the movement of any player anyway we see them in the mini-map and on the world map your own gildis . You simply look at the speed how fast they moving if they exceed the limit + 10-20% lag buffer. if the are faster first check if they on a mount then if not if they used a portal or teleported then check source server side of them (which player? is skill equiped ?). The no clip is really hard to come by because the collision box must be inside the server and adding this after the game has lunched is really a pain also it much more performance intensive to have so many small no go zones.

@Zok.4956 said:

@"TheGrimm.5624" said:Not sure its just fire. Seeing a lot of what people are calling ghosts this week. You can't hit them and after enough people are around they port. Need to get some recording software.

This does not have to be an exploit. Sometimes, the game server/client is somehow "out of sync" and where you see a character and where it really is, is different.

This happend some time ago even to our commander in a zerg after he died. We could not revive him at the position where the whole zerg saw his corpse, but when he directed us to the position where he saw himself, we could revive him there without seeing his corpse at that position.

Have seen the out of sync occur. This was different and have not seen it at all during the new match. If it was tech based I would expect the issue to re-occur.

once, when the castle improved to the next tier and I was next to the walls, they were not drawn for me and I could easily pass through them. perhaps the same thing happened to you. maybe this is a systematic error and people aware of this sat next to the castle waiting for the moment