This is what Happens when PVE'ers Join WvW...

Lucente.5071

@Hesacon.8735 said:Pveers playing wvw is nothing but healthy and necessary for wvw as a game mode. Our wvw server finally opened, so we've been able to bring a fair number of Pveers in. Turns out that with a veteran wvw guide, they enjoy it a lot and can be quite effective.

Kinda like how bots are necessary for life supporting dying games.....

Haaaaaaa

@Hesacon.8735 said:Pveers playing wvw is nothing but healthy and necessary for wvw as a game mode. Our wvw server finally opened, so we've been able to bring a fair number of Pveers in. Turns out that with a veteran wvw guide, they enjoy it a lot and can be quite effective.

I disagree, these noobs join WvW and get owned, then they come to the forums and complain about the class that owned them claiming to be OP and that how come they lost 5 vs 1. Then they ask for nerfs and anet listens to them because they come en masse to complain to the forums.

@Hitman.5829 said:

I disagree, these noobs join WvW and get owned, then they come to the forums and complain about the class that owned them claiming to be OP and that how come they lost 5 vs 1. Then they ask for nerfs and anet listens to them because they come en masse to complain to the forums.

emm... No.

@Justine.6351 said:I like to think of WvW as the ultimate PvE raid. Each pvp encounter is different. The players themselves decide how each encounter will unfold.

It's in fact extremely different. In raiding content your objective is keeping your time on target and rotation as close as possible to perfection all the time, in an environment defined by a script. This make people rely a lot on muscle memory and practice. WvW is all about pre emptive moves and reactional skills in an ever changing environment. You can also lose a given encounter and have no chance to ever try the same setup again. You also need to think a lot for yourself, even in a zerg. When I'm in a squad the commander can yell "put cc put cc" as much as he wants, if my sub team is dying from conditions you can be damn sure the CC can go fuck itself and that I'm going to heal the crap out of my group.

I believe that this is why there is such a raise in MOBA's, as, from what I am seeing in other games and from newer MMO's coming out, the era of "PvE" content being "the Hard end game challenge" is past us now, scripted encounters no matter how punitive, will never bring the adrenaline rush of facing a player.

@STIHL.2489 said:I believe that this is why there is such a raise in MOBA's, as, from what I am seeing in other games and from newer MMO's coming out, the era of "PvE" content being "the Hard end game challenge" is past us now, scripted encounters no matter how punitive, will never bring the adrenaline rush of facing a player.

Pve is "hard" /time consuming to complete in games where you need to grind X gear to complete Y dungeon. The grind can take some time and make people work to get the gear. The bosses itself are predictable. A player is smarter and more challenging to fight.

@xDudisx.5914 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:I believe that this is why there is such a raise in MOBA's, as, from what I am seeing in other games and from newer MMO's coming out, the era of "PvE" content being "the Hard end game challenge" is past us now, scripted encounters no matter how punitive, will never bring the adrenaline rush of facing a player.

Pve is "hard" /time consuming to complete in games where you need to grind X gear to complete Y dungeon. The grind can take some time and make people work to get the gear. The bosses itself are predictable. A player is smarter and more challenging to fight.

that sounds more like boring than actually hard :)Still duno why i can find more fun on grindy mmo's than GW2 pve maybe it how ANet gives everything with lame boring designs and mechanics ... i dont understand why many players just pve in this game.

WVW is the only pve in this game, every one EVERY PVE player should mass QUEUE on WvW ...

Archived