How much real money have you spent on GW 2?

Cyrin.1035

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ashantara.8731 said:You should have made this an anonymous poll. No one is going to respond with their name showing.

I'm someone, and I don't mind? It's funny, I spend more in gw2 than I do subscription mmos, it's doing something right, and I never regret my purchases. latest purchase was the spooky mounts, fully dyeable with 4 dye channels... Love it.

Let's see... Core game + 2 expacs at full price (core game digital deluxe) tooons of gem purchases for things like all the instruments, tons of black lion chest key openings... the fact I bought a contract straight, OmmwgHr.pngoFnIKtu.pngThink commander tag was $50 when i got it, and endless halloween tonic $100, and n8rPawB.pngAside from tree tonic which was $120 at the time... the first two equal $100 together, the tree tonic got gifted to me, which was amazing. I wanna say I spent less than $1k though in total.

edit: first bank tab with the instruments and lots of vanity stuff (minus guitar, never bought that one yet, idk if I will... honestly haven't liked much past the harp too much.) 7Tj2DKt.png

2 expansions, those mount skins, and 1 or 2 bank tabs and 1 or 2 character slots (can't remember). I think under $200.Other than that, I'm not really planning to spend all that much anymore outside of expansions (and maybe living world season 2 as I don't have that) and THE ONE JUNGLE EXPLORER OUTFIT I WANT!

Other than that there really isn't anything in the Gem Store I want. Really don't care on glider skins, those infinite gathering items as they're way too expensive imo, and not interested in skins that show so much skin which is... so many outfits and skins.

I play since beta and have certainly spent a lot (500 to 1000). In my case, it is intentional. I play since loads of years between GW and GW2. They do bring me lot of fun. They are cost free (apart from original purchasing). I feel like it is normal that I contribute by buying some stuff regularly. Like saying thanks and helping that it will continue. I may be a bit naive, but that's how I feel about. :)

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:Also, it may seem like a lot to some on the amount people are spending, but it is nothing compared to the amount people spend on candy crush and all those free mobile games. Keep that in perspective when you see these numbers.

I've heard people spent hundreds on Pokémon Go and a year later not even play it...Not sure if it went into the thousands or not...

While I can say I enjoyed most of my purchases there were a few shines I wish I hadn't gotten ..mainly a bunch of outfits and legendaries I don't even use anymore. Part of me wishes I could toss my ill favored legendaries back into the mystic forge and see what I get. Though I think the poll should have a higher amount range sometimes its nice to be reminded about bad personal choices to detour one from future bad choices just my opinion naturally.

@Luciferior.4802 said:While I can say I enjoyed most of my purchases there were a few shines I wish I hadn't gotten ..mainly a bunch of outfits and legendaries I don't even use anymore. Part of me wishes I could toss my ill favored legendaries back into the mystic forge and see what I get. Though I think the poll should have a higher amount range sometimes its nice to be reminded about bad personal choices to detour one from future bad choices just my opinion naturally.

Wait, there were/is legendaries in the Gem Store?Or did you mean Gem into Gold and then AH that?

Since me and my gf use the same account to buy stuff I can safely say we spent together almost a 1000 EUR.Most of this was 2-3 years ago, as in the last few months I don't see any items that I would really want, this is why I want to them add housing to the game so they can sell furniture packs.

I also have a few friends that said that they would like to see the ESO model in Gw2.but instead pay like 12.50 EUR's a month and get access to the expansions (including story missions that were added) + get 500 Gems.

GW2: $60Gem Store: $10 **Second Account: $10HoT: $50PoF: $30Total: $160

If we count GW1, I had bought GW Complete for $40 when Walmart still sold it. Realized I had missed out on a great series so I made sure I was going to be there for GW2 from the start.

** I normally never spend real money on microtransactions, but there was an anniversary sale that had cheap character slots. Since I was working on a legendary at the time, I didn't have enough gold. So the $10 + a little bit of gold got me two character slots. Well worth it.

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:I play since beta and have certainly spent a lot (500 to 1000). In my case, it is intentional. I play since loads of years between GW and GW2. They do bring me lot of fun. They are cost free (apart from original purchasing). I feel like it is normal that I contribute by buying some stuff regularly. Like saying thanks and helping that it will continue. I may be a bit naive, but that's how I feel about. :)

same thinking here. In the early years or specifically the first year of GW2, you will realize that this game is a one-time purchase MMO with so much content and a quality experience at that. And all this time you been paying a monthly sub for the lesser game, eventually you will realize its money well spent. Besides, those times, there is something new every two weeks, it's almost exhausting, it's crazy.

Archived