What is the best class for roaming? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What is the best class for roaming?

Kadeshy.7258Kadeshy.7258 Member ✭✭
edited October 23, 2017 in WvW

Why and which build?

What is the best class for roaming? 94 votes

Elementalist
3%
Blodeuyn.2751freecarl.1320RupertAndi.6208 3 votes
Engineer
4%
Silinsar.6298Sonork.2916Squall Link.5412Magira.6390 4 votes
Guardian
2%
aristeia.9246Eutuxia.1537 2 votes
Mesmer
13%
Aomine.5012Elegie.3620Blockhead Magee.3092Lionwait.4815Aeolus.3615Sir Vincent III.1286Miyafuji.1340MagisterEpic.2340kingcragus.6810Magileine.5210Vambrace.8675Kero.9701purgi.7603 13 votes
Necromancer
1%
thesilverdragoon.3078 1 vote
Ranger
5%
Dragonzhunter.8506Jirayu.5834Adenin.5973Shadelang.3012Crogthefrog.7815 5 votes
Revenant
2%
Kamikazi.5380Volty.2795 2 votes
Thief
48%
gebrechen.5643Exciton.8942lolage.1450Shampanix.3928Tandruill.1096Curunen.8729Mr Kidders.8219Nimrod.9240XxsdgxX.8109Dralor.3701Arimas.3492Lord Hammer Hand.4815Kerivek.5740Junkpile.7439Reaper Alim.4176Lahmia.2193dbreien.2543Chorazin.4107Sovereign.1093cafard.8953 46 votes
Warrior
19%
Syktek.7912Ravezaar.4951Vagrant.8613Thereon.5219Shining One.1635Emprer.7256Cynders.2795Kirnale.5914Dreddo.9865Roxanne.6140MKS MoonBeast.5370kiwituatara.6053Ankas.9023Miocast.2657jsp.6912Freydinand.1073gmmg.9210adahal.2137 18 votes

Comments

  • Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Whatever you enjoy.

  • K THEN.5162K THEN.5162 Member ✭✭✭

    Doesn't matter what it is as long as it's running Trailblazers

    WHAT?!? Did you expect something special would be written here

  • PaxTheGreatOne.9472PaxTheGreatOne.9472 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2017

    Most condi builds will hold their own in WvW, trailblazer's can be usefull... I agree, but in case of thief it isn't neccesary. you can just keep bounding around untill everything is dead. and if you run out of stamina and initiative you just stealth and wait a couple of second and you start again :)

    This said in groups up to 5 ppl I prefer a mirage, a condi ranger and maybe a condiweaver as well for invisibility, traps, and fields and with 4 condi's epidemic might be useful as well making room for the ever present necro.

    27 lvl 80's, 10 times map. 3 War, 3 Grd, 1 Rev, 3 Rng, 3 Thf, 1 Eng, 4 Ele, 6 Ncr, 3 Msm
    14k+ Hrs Played, "Been There, Done That , Might Do It Again!"

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sobx.1758 said:
    Whatever you enjoy.

    Yep, can't be the ultimate roamer if you never play right? ;-)

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • Aomine.5012Aomine.5012 Member ✭✭✭
    Mesmer

    People who vote thieves, please go fight a Condi Chrono :)> @PaxTheGreatOne.9472 said:

    Most condi builds will hold their own in WvW, trailblazer's can be usefull... I agree, but in case of thief it isn't neccesary. you can just keep bounding around untill everything is dead. and if you run out of stamina and initiative you just stealth and wait a couple of second and you start again :)

    This said in groups up to 5 ppl I prefer a mirage, a condi ranger and maybe a condiweaver as well for invisibility, traps, and fields and with 4 condi's epidemic might be useful as well making room for the ever present necro.

    Condi Ranger is over-rated.
    It doesn't have the tool to survive other than some minor stealth.
    The lack of blink/ teleport to disengage is troublesome.

    Condi mirage/ chrono is much stronger.

  • Coldtart.4785Coldtart.4785 Member ✭✭✭
    Thief

    Roaming is all about doing things fast and nothing is faster than a thief.

  • Inoki.6048Inoki.6048 Member ✭✭✭

    @Coldtart.4785 said:
    Roaming is all about doing things fast and nothing is faster than a thief.

    Hate to bring it up, bud, but Mirages can be a lot faster than Thieves as of late.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Inoki.6048 said:

    @Coldtart.4785 said:
    Roaming is all about doing things fast and nothing is faster than a thief.

    Hate to bring it up, bud, but Mirages can be a lot faster than Thieves as of late.

    Over a short distance and having otherwise worthless skills prepared in advance. Thieves are still much faster in the long run. A normal mirage will only be able to catch up like one time, two at best... and thief will just keep skipping away if he really want to.

  • Warrior

    Idk how people call mesmer a roamer, at best it's plus one ganker, camp flipper. Thiefs, eles, warriors, rangers are much more effective duelists and with much easier ways to engage - disengage then mesmer will ever have and will be.

    Just having a swiftness up will most likely allow you to catch up with mirage (hurr durr "mobile" spec) on foot, and having superspeed or +25% movement speed trait or rune bonus will guarantee it.

    So if anything, choose thief, warrior, ele or ranger for roaming and solo play.

  • Offair.2563Offair.2563 Member ✭✭✭

    Anything that farts out the most condis in notime. Atleast that seems to be the nature nowadays in roam culture.

    Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and own you with experience.
    Big Babou, Ranger for life.

  • gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭
    Thief

    Thief. Zero risk, zero skill needed.

    Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

  • Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Offair.2563 said:
    Anything that farts out the most condis in notime. Atleast that seems to be the nature nowadays in roam culture.

    Yeah pretty much. Thief is best for mobility, getting to camps, or escaping danger. But for actually roaming fights? Probably condi necro and condi mesmer are the two that take the least skill to be the most effective.

    Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

  • Mesmer

    The Mesmer is the only one that give me fits - so I voted for it.

  • Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thief

    @Aomine.5012 said:
    People who vote thieves, please go fight a Condi Chrono :)

    I rather fight a condi chrono than a pulm impact d/p daredevil any day of the week.

    Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2017

    @Miocast.2657 said:
    Idk how people call mesmer a roamer, at best it's plus one ganker, camp flipper.

    Thats 95% of peoples definition of "roamer". Going by who's the best duelists is silly. No one duels thieves yet thats still gonna be top in this vote and its even more worthless at anything other than camp flipping and ganking.

  • MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thief

    thief. can flip everything solo as he can just walk in with enemy zergs and flip once they leave. also can gank pretty much any build - roaming is not duelling and if you gank at the right time noone will escape.

    read this, become a better player now.

  • Coldtart.4785Coldtart.4785 Member ✭✭✭
    Thief

    @Jeknar.6184 said:

    @Aomine.5012 said:
    People who vote thieves, please go fight a Condi Chrono :)

    I rather fight a condi chrono than a pulm impact d/p daredevil any day of the week.

    With the amount of self condi clear I can get now with weaver all condi builds are essentially free wins.

  • Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thief

    @Coldtart.4785 said:

    @Jeknar.6184 said:

    @Aomine.5012 said:
    People who vote thieves, please go fight a Condi Chrono :)

    I rather fight a condi chrono than a pulm impact d/p daredevil any day of the week.

    With the amount of self condi clear I can get now with weaver all condi builds are essentially free wins.

    Can you really fight a Condi Scourge tho?

    Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

  • @Sobx.1758 said:
    Whatever you enjoy.

    Gets my vote.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.