What is the best class for roaming?

Kadeshy.7258

Most condi builds will hold their own in WvW, trailblazer's can be usefull... I agree, but in case of thief it isn't neccesary. you can just keep bounding around untill everything is dead. and if you run out of stamina and initiative you just stealth and wait a couple of second and you start again :)

This said in groups up to 5 ppl I prefer a mirage, a condi ranger and maybe a condiweaver as well for invisibility, traps, and fields and with 4 condi's epidemic might be useful as well making room for the ever present necro.

People who vote thieves, please go fight a Condi Chrono :)> @PaxTheGreatOne.9472 said:

Most condi builds will hold their own in WvW, trailblazer's can be usefull... I agree, but in case of thief it isn't neccesary. you can just keep bounding around untill everything is dead. and if you run out of stamina and initiative you just stealth and wait a couple of second and you start again :)

This said in groups up to 5 ppl I prefer a mirage, a condi ranger and maybe a condiweaver as well for invisibility, traps, and fields and with 4 condi's epidemic might be useful as well making room for the ever present necro.

Condi Ranger is over-rated.It doesn't have the tool to survive other than some minor stealth.The lack of blink/ teleport to disengage is troublesome.

Condi mirage/ chrono is much stronger.

@Inoki.6048 said:

@Coldtart.4785 said:Roaming is all about doing things fast and nothing is faster than a thief.

Hate to bring it up, bud, but Mirages can be a lot faster than Thieves as of late.Over a short distance and having otherwise worthless skills prepared in advance. Thieves are still
much
faster in the long run. A normal mirage will only be able to catch up like one time, two at best... and thief will just keep skipping away if he really want to.

Idk how people call mesmer a roamer, at best it's plus one ganker, camp flipper. Thiefs, eles, warriors, rangers are much more effective duelists and with much easier ways to engage - disengage then mesmer will ever have and will be.

Just having a swiftness up will most likely allow you to catch up with mirage (hurr durr "mobile" spec) on foot, and having superspeed or +25% movement speed trait or rune bonus will guarantee it.

So if anything, choose thief, warrior, ele or ranger for roaming and solo play.

@Offair.2563 said:Anything that farts out the most condis in notime. Atleast that seems to be the nature nowadays in roam culture.

Yeah pretty much. Thief is best for mobility, getting to camps, or escaping danger. But for actually roaming fights? Probably condi necro and condi mesmer are the two that take the least skill to be the most effective.

@Miocast.2657 said:Idk how people call mesmer a roamer, at best it's plus one ganker, camp flipper.Thats 95% of peoples definition of "roamer". Going by who's the best duelists is silly. No one duels thieves yet thats still gonna be top in this vote and its even more worthless at anything other than camp flipping and ganking.

@Coldtart.4785 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Aomine.5012 said:People who vote thieves, please go fight a Condi Chrono :)

I rather fight a condi chrono than a pulm impact d/p daredevil any day of the week.

With the amount of self condi clear I can get now with weaver all condi builds are essentially free wins.

Can you really fight a Condi Scourge tho?

Archived