legendary armor / backpack should be swappable (pvp/wvw/pve)

JUN YANG.4328

I like PVP's legendary backpack, and PVE's legendary armor. however i never able get it.Cause i am not good at PVP and i am able to join Raid at all due to i alway play by myself and Raid is not too welcome to newbie. this make me never able to get those item i like.I just dont understand why anet willing to create these piece can have second recipe. like the 2nd gen legendary. or can be swappable or create 1 backpack/amor can unlocked 3 skin (pve , pvp ,wvw)

@JUN YANG.4328 said:I like PVP's legendary backpack, and PVE's legendary armor. however i never able get it.Cause i am not good at PVP and i am able to join Raid at all due to i alway play by myself and Raid is not too welcome to newbie. this make me never able to get those item i like.

And this is exactly why you won't get them I guess. Not because you actually can't, but because you don't want to put in the effort to get the item/unlock the skin. Not sure why some people think they deserve to have everything by default just because they want it -this is not how it works.You want rewards from x content? Learn and play through x content. This is not a new concept.

• Confused 1

I'll never get raid armor as well... But that's 100% on me, not because "raids are not newbie friendly". They're not, but if i don't even try, then i won't even get the chance to get the armor. So why exactly would i be entitled to raid armor if i don't raid? That armor is for dedicated raiders, you need to spend a LOT of time in that content to even begin to make it. Same for WvW and PvP armors and backpacks.

You want the thing - you do the content.And i'm not trying to sound dismissive here, it's just how it is, it's not going to change. Especially because those are rewards for that specific content.Just because you want it doesn't mean Anet is obligated to give it to you by alternative means. Part of the reason those armors and items exist is to incentivize players to try out different modes and content.

Practice makes perfect. You said you're not good at sPvP. Well, no one is at first, you just do it til you're good. You can also access it at lvl 2 and do it with other professions if you feel like one of them suits you better than your main, so PvP is pretty chill in that regard, it's not like WvW where you need to be max level (or lvl 60 i think).

It's like Skyscale. If you don't do the work, you can't have it. It's totally unnecesary but a huge QoL improvement - same as legendary gear. It's just cosmetic and QoL, so if you want to get it - you do the content. If not, everything you have is not bad in any shape or form and you're not worse for not having it, and that's the other reason legendaries are tied to their content. Because they're not strictly better. They're premium items that require putting time into X content to be able to make. If you can't or don't have the time, you're not worse then those who have it.

Asking to swap different sets will never happen, however this is just more support to my belief we need more options! Why do we not have a general pve Armor set, or even competitive ones that don’t share skins with their ascended versions. If you want armor that is TRULY legendary, you HAVE to get into raids which is really crappy. Seriously, even a single option more, anet... cmon...

@Fenom.9457 said:Asking to swap different sets will never happen, however this is just more support to my belief we need more options! Why do we not have a general pve Armor set, or even competitive ones that don’t share skins with their ascended versions. If you want armor that is TRULY legendary, you HAVE to get into raids which is really crappy. Seriously, even a single option more, anet... cmon...

Open world PvE legendary armor would be nice!Though trinkets are gained through open world PvE so maybe Anet doesn't want everything to be obtainable through 1 game mode.

@Fenom.9457 said:Asking to swap different sets will never happen, however this is just more support to my belief we need more options! Why do we not have a general pve Armor set, or even competitive ones that don’t share skins with their ascended versions. If you want armor that is TRULY legendary, you HAVE to get into raids which is really crappy. Seriously, even a single option more, anet... cmon...

The OP want the skins not the armor tho.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Fenom.9457" said:Asking to swap different sets will never happen, however this is just more support to my belief we need more options! Why do we not have a general pve Armor set, or even competitive ones that don’t share skins with their ascended versions. If you want armor that is TRULY legendary, you HAVE to get into raids which is really crappy. Seriously, even a single option more, anet... cmon...

It's the same thing though isn't it? The skins are tied to the armors, currently there's no way around that, and i doubt it'll be any different in the future.I know what OP wants, to be able to make one legendary backpack and just use all legendary skins for it, but that's not how the game works, the skin itself is also legendary and has "value" based on that fact. So in order to get 2 legendary skins, you do 2 legendary items.

It's like if you would make Bifrost, then got the Nevermore skin for free because you made one legendary.

@Linken.6345 said:

I know, that’s why I said what they’re asking is unreasonable. But my offered solution might have appeased them it such an alternative armor set existed..

@Voltekka.2375 said:So, whats the recipe for making gen2 leggy weapons in wvw and pvp?If you think there should be one, ask for it. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Hint: i have both PvP backpack and raid armor. I still support alternative ways of obtaining those. Barring that, at the very least there should be an PvE armor set obtainable through methods similar to gen1/gen2 leg weapons.

Making the only PvE legendary armor locked behind a niche content was definitely a bad decision in the first place.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:So, whats the recipe for making gen2 leggy weapons in wvw and pvp?If you think there should be one, ask for it. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Hint: i have both PvP backpack and raid armor. I still support alternative ways of obtaining those. Barring that, at the very least there should be an PvE armor set obtainable through methods similar to gen1/gen2 leg weapons.

Making the only PvE legendary armor locked behind a niche content was definitely a bad decision in the first place.

Wvw is a pve zerg way of getting legendary armor.Some mobs are just smarter since there are real players behind them.

@JUN YANG.4328 said:I like PVP's legendary backpack, and PVE's legendary armor. however i never able get it.Cause i am not good at PVP and i am able to join Raid at all due to i alway play by myself and Raid is not too welcome to newbie. this make me never able to get those item i like.I just dont understand why anet willing to create these piece can have second recipe. like the 2nd gen legendary. or can be swappable or create 1 backpack/amor can unlocked 3 skin (pve , pvp ,wvw)These posts of people who want the rewards from content they cannot do never get old.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:So, whats the recipe for making gen2 leggy weapons in wvw and pvp?If you think there should be one, ask for it. Two wrongs don't make a right.

The reply was meant as an answer to the "2nd gen have 2 recipes", recipes which are pve only.Op asks for the skins rather than the functionality of legendary back and armor. If you are a supporter of being able to get pve raid/wvw/spvp exclusive skins outside their respective gamemodes, ask for it.

@"Voltekka.2375" said:The reply was meant as an answer to the "2nd gen have 2 recipes", recipes which are pve only.So? Is an existence of one alternate method (introduced because some players asked for it) an argument against another? I don't think so.Op asks for the skins rather than the functionality of legendary back and armor. If you are a supporter of being able to get pve raid/wvw/spvp exclusive skins outside their respective gamemodes, ask for it.I have asked for it, more than once. And you know what is practically guaranteed to happen then? Someone shows up, and says "but what about WvW?". And when i tell them if they want a WvW version, the can always ask for it, i learn they aren't really interested in one (and often don;t even play WvW). Like in your case here.

Seriously, if you care about getting a WvW path to some PvE legendaries, ask for it. If you do not care, don't use it as a fake argument against alternate methods somewhere else.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:The reply was meant as an answer to the "2nd gen have 2 recipes", recipes which are pve only.So? Is an existence of one alternate method (introduced because some players asked for it) an argument against another? I don't think so.Op asks for the skins rather than the functionality of legendary back and armor. If you are a supporter of being able to get pve raid/wvw/spvp exclusive skins outside their respective gamemodes, ask for it.I have asked for it, more than once. And you know what is practically guaranteed to happen then? Someone shows up, and says "but what about WvW?". And when i tell them if they want a WvW version, the can always ask for it, i learn they aren't really interested in one (and often don;t even play WvW). Like in your case here.

Seriously, if you care about getting a WvW path to some PvE legendaries, ask for it. If you do
not
care, don't use it as a fake argument against alternate methods somewhere else.

Yeah, "like in your case here". Assumptions, "fake arguments", whatever. Each mode has its exclusive skins. Like it or not, that's how the game works. Want something? Earn it. I cant raid, meaning i wont get them armorskins or AP, and thats ok. But trying to devalue other peoples' time, effort and dedication to get something... Kinda doesnt seem right, to me.

@"Voltekka.2375" said:Yeah, "like in your case here". Assumptions, "fake arguments", whatever. Each mode has its exclusive skins. Like it or not, that's how the game works. Want something? Earn it. I cant raid, meaning i wont get them armorskins or AP, and thats ok. But trying to devalue other peoples' time, effort and dedication to get something... Kinda doesnt seem right, to me.See? If you dislike the idea, you can say this straight out. You don't have to hide it behind pseudoarguments suggesting that you are "defending" WvW players, or that they'll get slighted somehow. It's not like you actually care about it, after all. And that makes it a "fake argument".

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:Yeah, "like in your case here". Assumptions, "fake arguments", whatever. Each mode has its exclusive skins. Like it or not, that's how the game works. Want something? Earn it. I cant raid, meaning i wont get them armorskins or AP, and thats ok. But trying to devalue other peoples' time, effort and dedication to get something... Kinda doesnt seem right, to me.See? If you dislike the idea, you
can
say this straight out. You don't have to hide it behind pseudoarguments suggesting that you are "defending" WvW players, or that they'll get slighted somehow. It's not like you actually care about it, after all. And
that
makes it a "fake argument".

Oh boy. I disliked the idea right from the start. And, for what its worth, i do care about wvw players, pvp players, pve players, just as i cared when anet lowered the requirement for sublime 2k rank armor to... 500. You should have seen the amount of teamchat irony, badmouthing, etc. Plus, since you mentioned wvw, i have completed every single wvw achiev (including 10k rank title), something which should make you think i have spent waaaaay too much time in wvw, which in turn could probably mean i witnessed that "ThEy WiLl GeT sLiGhTeD sOmeHoW" thing plenty of times.You do you, however, keep assuming and twisting stuff to push whatever agenda you have. I am responsible for what i say, not what you want to understand.Good day.

@"Voltekka.2375"Okay, i will rephrase it (although by this point i'm pretty much sure you;re only pretending you don;t understand what i am talking about)

1. You pretended to care about WvW/SPvP not getting their path to gen2 legendaries, as if you felt that PvE getting alternate path to obtaining some legendary stuff without WvW getting one would be unfair.
  2. When i pointed out, that you can always ask for a WvW-specific path, you admitted, that in reality not only you don't care about it, but you don't want it to happen at all.

That pretty much shows, that the first "argument" was used in bad faith. If you were arguing in good faith, you should not have mentioned the "but what about the childrenWvW" argument at all, but honestly admitted from the get go that you simply don't like the idea of alternate paths to content rewards. Instead you opted for trying to misdirect the issue, hiding behind fake arguments, and only revealed your true thoughts after being pressed further.

But, as you say, you do you.

@Astralporing.1957 said:@"Voltekka.2375"Okay, i will rephrase it (although by this point i'm pretty much sure you;re only pretending you don;t understand what i am talking about)

1. You pretended to care about WvW/SPvP not getting their path to gen2 legendaries, as if you felt that PvE getting alternate path to obtaining some legendary stuff without WvW getting one would be unfair.Also known as sarcasm. May fly over people's heads quite often.
  2. When i pointed out, that you can always ask for a WvW-specific path, you admitted, that in reality not only you don't care about it, but you don't want it to happen at all.

Anet wants people to try different modes. I am in favor of this. I want raid skins? I better raid. I want Warbringer? I better wvw. I dont like the mode? I wont get it. It IS that simple. Dumbing down stuff to please a minority kills a game. People get bored. They leave. No incentive whatsoever.That pretty much shows, that the first "argument" was used in bad faith. If you were arguing in good faith, you should not have mentioned the "but what about the childrenWvW" argument at all, but honestly admitted from the get go that you simply don't like the idea of alternate paths to content rewards. Instead you opted for trying to misdirect the issue, hiding behind fake arguments, and only revealed your true thoughts after being pressed further.

No. You can look up the definition of sarcasm. Sarcasm can be used in good faith, btw. As usually, assumptions, more assumptions. "Alternate paths". Suuuure.

But, as you say, you do you.

@"Voltekka.2375" said:Also known as sarcasm. May fly over people's heads quite often.Well, if that was an attempt at sarcasm, it was not too well done (because if it indeed was supposed to be sarcasm, it was hardly visible, and i'm not even sure what it was aiming at). But let's pretend i actually believe that. It just means you admit that it was not an argument for anything at all. Duly noted.

Anet wants people to try different modes. I am in favor of this. I want raid skins? I better raid. I want Warbringer? I better wvw. I dont like the mode? I wont get it. It IS that simple. Dumbing down stuff to please a minority kills a game. People get bored. They leave. No incentive whatsoever.You don't want the situation where the people that are there for incentive only, but do not care about the content itself outnumber those that do care. Because that often ends badly. Badly, as in "people leave".

There were more than one cases where a lot of PvE players went into WvW or SPvP to farm for something. In all the cases it ended the same - first the population of that content spiked up, but after the first wave of PvErs got what they wanted and left, the new population always stabilized somewhere below the level from before the event. Because not only the people that went in there for farming left after they obtained what they wanted, but also, by playing for a different reason and in a different manner than those that frequented the content before, they disrupted the play and lowered the enjoyment for them, thus causing some of them to quit.

It has been so for all 3 WvW "seasons" long ago. It was the same for SPvP Legendary backpack, for Warbringer, for the WvW mount... And i am sure everyone just loves those SPvP afker farmers, which i am sure help the SPvP population immensely.

It is reasonable to want players to try different modes, but if you push them into doing more than just shallow dipping to see whether they might like the content, in the end it does not end up beneficial for said content. Not unless the content is all about farming, and nobody actually likes it for itself anyway.