Living world season one in trading post.

blambidy.3216

I don't understand why only season 1 isnt there. We know season 3 and season 2 is there. But how come the people who didnt get a chance to play, don't ever get to play it? Was it that bad that arenanet didn't want to put it in the trading post? Whats so wrong with it to not put it there? I do not understand. So this is a post for people to ether agree to put it back or tell me why it isn't put in the trading post to buy with gems.

Season 1 was never released the way Season 2 and 3 were released. It was temporary live events which ran for multiple weeks and then were over. It wasn't instanced content which can easily be reintroduced to the game.

Many people are hoping for arenanet to eventually rework Season 1 and release it as a changed instanced content, but the chances of that happening are very slim.

That makes sense. I thought it was released the same it was as season 2 and 3. But I do hope they put it in there. Atleast have them eventually do it. I know they just finished pof. So who knows what they are doing now. It would just be nice to know so I can know the story. I know its on wiki to read, but i would still like to eventually play it.

They have answered this many times. It was fundamentally different from how S2 and S3 are implemented. Instead of being largely instanced, a great deal of the content was just out in the open world. How do you deal with the Tower of Nightmares (for example)? Do you create a 2nd version of Kessex Hills that has the full tower? What about the attack on LA or Marionette?

I would love to be able to re-play S1, but there are some huge logistical issues to make it replayable. At the very least though, I think they need to expand the little recap video and give more details to players who missed it or forgot.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@Chickenooble.5014 said:They could release a series of Fractals that re-explore the biggest events of Season 1. Problem solved. Thank me later.

You mean the Molten Furnace, Molten Boss, Aetherblade, Captain Mai Trin, and Nightmare fractals?

Probably. I don't know how the fractals compare to the actual events that the players played in S1 since I don't really mess with fractals. In any event, a series of fractals that cover the events near to how they happened -- not some weird back-story stuff -- would satisfy this issue. They could even group them differently so players know they're Season 1 fractal content. Have Dessa give some commentary about what happened and why the fractal matters. Cover the Battle for Lions Arch, maybe the final encounter with Scarlet on the Breachmaker, and so on.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@Chickenooble.5014 said:They could release a series of Fractals that re-explore the biggest events of Season 1. Problem solved. Thank me later.

You mean the Molten Furnace, Molten Boss, Aetherblade, Captain Mai Trin, and Nightmare fractals?

You mean the fractals which give no lore from S1, and people who didn't play S1 are given no indication that they are related ot that content at all?

@Baltham.8796 said:They have answered this many times. It was fundamentally different from how S2 and S3 are implemented. Instead of being largely instanced, a great deal of the content was just out in the open world. How do you deal with the Tower of Nightmares (for example)? Do you create a 2nd version of Kessex Hills that has the full tower? What about the attack on LA or Marionette?

I would love to be able to re-play S1, but there are some huge logistical issues to make it replayable. At the very least though, I think they need to expand the little recap video and give more details to players who missed it or forgot.

I've always felt there's a way to do this. Here's a way I'd at least strongly consider:

1.) assign time periods to all zone maps, since that lines up with their official policy anyway. I.e. Cursed Shore's zone map (and every map preceding it) takes place in 1325, so for all intents and purposes, when you are in Cursed Shore you are in 1325 battling Zhaitan. The current year (as associated to the current map you're in) would be displayed in some easy to spot location.

2.) bring in LW1 by having alternate versions of maps from different time periods and allow the player to select the time period. This doesn't necessarily have to be tied to your current position in the story, since nothing else really is. When entering any map, it would default to the newest (chronological) version. I.e., by default, you'd enter 1327's (new) LA, but there'd be a location either in-game or in your settings that would allow you to zone into 1325 or 1326 LA.

Perhaps the best thing about this structure is that it would make future LW development way more flexible, and they could update old content without replacing it. If they wanted, they could add a post-cleansing version of Orr at some point in the future, but you'd retain the ability to visit the original 1325 Orr, so it wouldn't mess with the PS or anything.

For LW1, there's a lot of stuff (festival tie ins) they could either cut entirely or move into instances. For the remainder, such as the nightmare tower and lion's arch, they could use the above system.

@Cyninja.2954 said:Season 1 was never released the way Season 2 and 3 were released. It was temporary live events which ran for multiple weeks and then were over. It wasn't instanced content which can easily be reintroduced to the game.

Many people are hoping for arenanet to eventually rework Season 1 and release it as a changed instanced content, but the chances of that happening are very slim.

As Cyninja.2954 said, LW S1 wasn't instanced like the other two were. Anet would have to go back and rewrite a lot of stuff which would be difficult due to having a new expansion coming out and the fact that it'd be nearly impossible to do anyways. Also, a lot of the things that happened are already added to the game, like Teq for instance and a couple of fractals.

Keep in mind, I'd love to have it done so I can go through it and see what I missed.

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:This would split the players base and land people in uncompleteable maps. The world bosses in s1 were made for full maps. They can't be beaten with only 50 or 100 people in the instance while the rest are in the regular one.

That being said, this world be a great time to being back the guild world event system.

Meh. I see that as a resolvable scaling issue. Not saying it's the only way it could be done, but it is one way. In particular, I like the idea that they would become more free to do similar things with future LW events.

I think they're going to run into the problem you describe more generally just because of how many competing map metas there are, and it will only continue to grow from here. They probably need to design some solution that helps them scale challenge and rewards dynamically to congregate players in various ways. Sort of a flavor-of-the-month challenge type thing.

@Cyninja.2954 said:Season 1 was never released the way Season 2 and 3 were released. It was temporary live events which ran for multiple weeks and then were over. It wasn't instanced content which can easily be reintroduced to the game.

A lot of us are hoping for ArenaNet to actually do what they said they were going to try to do. We were told that they were looking into bringing Season 1 back in a replayable format and that the in-game recap video would be a stop-gap measure for the time being... However that was basically the end of it, they never talked about it again, no updates on if there has been any progress on this, nothing. They added the recap video and then forgot all about season 1.

@Panda.1967 said:

A lot of us are hoping for ArenaNet to actually do what they said they were going to try to do. We were told that they were looking into bringing Season 1 back in a replayable format and that the in-game recap video would be a stop-gap measure for the time being... However that was basically the end of it, they never talked about it again, no updates on if there has been any progress on this, nothing. They added the recap video and then forgot all about season 1.

Actually, they have addressed this, and not long ago. Mike O'Brien stated that bringing back Season One Episodes/content would be as much, or more, work as creating new content, and the studio feels the playerbase, as a whole, would prefer new content.

Considering that statement, it is probably unlikely that Season One will return.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...

1st Season of Living World is pretty important part of the story...Is pretty much about how you met most of Dragon Watch members. For players like most of my friends that i bring to the game in next expansion, or those like me that didn't play at that moment, it is a problem. We don't have a clue, what happsns.Is true that it can't be replayd in the fasion that is was orginaly, but there are options for AT to do it.1st is reintrdocue it as a Personal Story that you can buy for gems or 2nd options reintroduce those events as a Dungeons. Story Mode with that show what happens and explorable mode for other players to enjoy, or just as a fractals.

I made a suggestion awhile back on this. If they are unwilling to adapt LWS1 to where it could be replayed they could do it this way. The Commander gets a message from Magister Ela Makkay asking hir to meet with her. At the meetup she tells the Commander that there is some oddities about Scarlet and her death; also that some of her research stored at the prior has some up missing. She asks the Commanderto ask questions of people involved, recover technology, salvage energy probes and generally beat the bushes to see who or what is flushed out. It could be a flashback heavy set of sequences along with combat against various forces trying to involve themselves in the Commander's investigation. It'd basically be a lengthy recap mixed with current event style events. The dialog from the Magister could be different depending on if the player character took part in the events of LWS1 or not.

@Panda.1967 said:

A lot of us are hoping for ArenaNet to actually do what they said they were going to try to do. We were told that they were looking into bringing Season 1 back in a replayable format and that the in-game recap video would be a stop-gap measure for the time being... However that was basically the end of it, they never talked about it again, no updates on if there has been any progress on this, nothing. They added the recap video and then forgot all about season 1.They explicitly stated that bringing back season 1 and modernizing it for the current game would take as much effort as making new content, and they'd rather do that instead, iirc.

The only things left to be salvaged are the buttrobot and the retaking of LA and they're better as fractals. The rest can, and should, be forgotten because it was awful.

Count your blessings. Season 1 was the most sophomoric pile of cliche and trope ridden fan-fic drivel I've ever encountered in a major title, written with zero consideration for Lore continuity from GW1. A hackneyed, uninspired, unoriginal mess of tired old tropes and substandard fare put in a blender with a dash of Tumblr blog and new age mysticism thrown in.

That narrative team poisoned the entire Living Story and never got any better at it. Ley Lines.. I still shake my head in disbelief. Canned Explainitall, inserted with no attempt to apply, at the least, Asuran terms to the framework. (Gadd's Subsurface Magical Conduit Theory or somesuch). Nope, too much effort. And that's just one example.

One reason that I did buy PoF and spend money on Anet again is that the worst of that group is no longer employed there.

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@Panda.1967 said:

A lot of us are hoping for ArenaNet to actually do what they said they were going to try to do. We were told that they were looking into bringing Season 1 back in a replayable format and that the in-game recap video would be a stop-gap measure for the time being... However that was basically the end of it, they never talked about it again, no updates on if there has been any progress on this, nothing. They added the recap video and then forgot all about season 1.They explicitly stated that bringing back season 1 and modernizing it for the current game would take as much effort as making new content, and they'd rather do that instead, iirc.

The only things left to be salvaged are the buttrobot and the retaking of LA and they're better as fractals. The rest can, and should, be forgotten because it was awful.

yeah, Hero-tron was pretty great and wish he could be a major recurring character like he was in S1 instead of being merch now :( In fact why not have a priory member next to him that tells us everything thats not in the recap. The golem was present during the southsun story (canach, ellen kiel, consortium, and the tron's introduction), queen's jubilee (Scarlet's formal introduction as well as clockwork chaos release), wintersday (same date released tower of nightmares), and escape and battle of LA. Only thing missing would be the Evon vs Kiel debacle which Hero-tron should know since he works for the Captain's Council/Lionguard and describes Magnus as "his close personal friend" AND in his convo with Evon during escape from LA, he (Evon gnashblade) indirectly mentions that Kiel won the seat. Surely the golem must know how Kiel won. It might sound silly but I really want the golem to be interviewed as to fill in the gaps of that bad recap we currently have.

Archived