Official Mount Adoption Feedback Thread [merged] — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Official Mount Adoption Feedback Thread [merged]

There are a lot of conversations about the mount adoption option that was released today. Many of the comments in the individual threads repeat ones made by the same person in another thread. We very much want to hear your feedback, but have found that a single feedback thread offers the best opportunity for you to share your thoughts and for us to review it in the context of a wider set of feedback.

So here's a thread into which you're invited to post your thoughts on the subject of the Black Lion Stables Mount Skins.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager: ArenaNet
Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

Tagged:
<<13456773

Comments

• Loosifah.4738Loosifah.4738 Member ✭✭✭

What do you have against mount skins?

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 7

They are called bundles.

It could be unfair, i understand, that's why I will give players a ln alternative.

1600 bundle.
    700 single skin.

I dislike instead the account bound drops from blc, while i am fine with bundles.

• Myrdreth.6829Myrdreth.6829 Member ✭✭✭

What happens if you already got a certain skin and get it again?

• zeronatras.3280zeronatras.3280 Member ✭✭

@Myrdreth.6829 said:

You will get nothing probably, at least in OW and HOTS you get shards/gold which you will use to buy skins.

1) Explosions makes me wet.
    2)Yeah... That's it.

• Myrdreth.6829Myrdreth.6829 Member ✭✭✭

@Chickenooble.5014 said:

@Myrdreth.6829 said:

The FB page says you won't get duplicates.

Thank you very much for answering my question :)

• @DakotaCoty.5721 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:
    The Black Lion Stables are pleased to open their doors and offer new mount adoption licenses. Each license will allow you to claim a random mount skin from the Black Lion Stables, and they are available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 400 gems each.

If this trend continues I won't fund this game anymore, simple as that. This is stupid.

The math:
    400 * 31 = 12,400 gems.

How is that different from spending 100 gems for a chance at an exclusive dye]? Or 80 gems (in bulks) for BL keys, with a random chance of skins? Like any lotto, play if you think you'll get lucky, otherwise hang tight and buy the specific skin(s) you want when they show up at a discount later.

Those dyes can be bought on the TP and flooded quite nicely with supply. Mount skins cannot be bought on the TP.

Still, someone had to play the lotto for folks like you or I to take advantage of the discount. In fact, at least in this case, the 400 gems guarantees a skin; the other RNG boxes on the gem shop contain more junk than not.

I'm not likely to be willing to plop down 400 gems without getting to choose a skin, but all the same: I can see why you (like I) won't want to spend that amount for RNG, but why does it affect your paying for anything else that the game has to offer?

“Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.” — Ambrose Bierce.

• TheRandomGuy.7246TheRandomGuy.7246 Member ✭✭✭

People were totally fine with 20 dollars for dye channels and asked for more. Here you go lol.

<<13456773
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.