So...uhm...new Living Season 4 next week?

Zaraki.5784

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my prediction. We'll see in time if I am wrong.

Beginning with season three, the game has been moving in an imperfect two month cadence. The fastest things ever happen is once/month. September saw PoF released. October is the Halloween festival. November had a major balance patch and gem store update. December will be Winter's day. At this point, the game will try to return to a 2-month pulse, and January will be an empty month following 2017 holiday content. Season 4 Episode 1 will release in February 2018. March will be empty. April will see the return of SAB. May will be another empty month. Episode 2 will release in June 2018.

The other possibility would be that Episode 1 releases in January. February will be the empty month, and the span of March-April-May will be a period of relatively dense content release including 2 LW episodes and SAB. I think that is the best we can hope for, but I would not count on it.

If they announce Season 4 next week, I will be utterly flabbergasted.

@Nox Lucis.8341 said:Here is my prediction. We'll see in time if I am wrong.

Beginning with season three, the game has been moving in an imperfect two month cadence. The fastest things ever happen is once/month. September saw PoF released. October is the Halloween festival. November had a major balance patch and gem store update. December will be Winter's day. At this point, the game will try to return to a 2-month pulse, and January will be an empty month following 2017 holiday content. Season 4 Episode 1 will release in February 2018. March will be empty. April will see the return of SAB. May will be another empty month. Episode 2 will release in June 2018.

The other possibility would be that Episode 1 releases in January. February will be the empty month, and the span of March-April-May will be a period of relatively dense content release including 2 LW episodes and SAB. I think that is the best we can hope for, but I would not count on it.

If its like this i doubt there will be any players left by the time LS4 begins..

@"Nox Lucis.8341" said:Here is my prediction. We'll see in time if I am wrong.

I believe that when they announced PoF they promised something along the lines of LWs4 starting a couple months after, so winter would definitely be off that timetable. Now that said, they might start with a "soft" launch, like smaller story elements or maybe a single small mission, rather than the full content we expect from a full LW chapter. I would not be shocked if we did get a full chapter though.

@Ohoni.6057 said:

I believe that when they announced PoF they promised something along the lines of LWs4 starting a couple months after, so winter would definitely be off that timetable. Now that said, they might start with a "soft" launch, like smaller story elements or maybe a single small mission, rather than the full content we expect from a full LW chapter. I would not be shocked if we did get a full chapter though.

Well, those strange occurrences in Godslost Swamp and Reaper's Gate have to be a prelude to something.

Yeah, perhaps. We'll see which way they go with it. I think it's ok to not have a major story chapter/map/etc. right away, but I kind of would like to see at least a decent chunk of lore and/or active content, rather than just the subtle tease stuff. The teases are cool though.

@Dianekas.4359 said:

@Nox Lucis.8341 said:Here is my prediction. We'll see in time if I am wrong.

If its like this i doubt there will be any players left by the time LS4 begins..

Oh come on, you can go to any capital city or meta event during prime time and get hundreds of tags popping up and a frame rate drop into the 20s. Game isn’t dead, not by a long shot.

@Nox Lucis.8341 you count SAB in april but not Lunar New Year in Feb?

On thread: My prediction is either Nov 28 or early January. They said that they were aiming for the same 2-3 month cadence as LW, but there might be extra time before & after expansion as it's bigger. 2 months is basically next week (one day short), 3 months is right in the holidays.Wintersday launches early-mid december, so later this year than nov 28 is out IMO.

do not see living story happen till next year at best. and the same goes for raids and the way them raiders are being lead around by the noise as it is . well that is too funny and may not ever be another raid ever again given the fact . its just not that popular and the raiding is too small of a thing to do or invest in from a company stand point all the company was doing at that point to them raiders was tossing them a bone just to watch them dance. and get some humor out of it .

@Randulf.7614 said:Highly unlikely to see anything until after Wintersday patch comes down in January. I suspect the raid is coming up very soon and then Wintersday will start in the next month.

End of Jan or Feb is my guess

Most people are going to be very bored if they drop raids and no new open world content. The rewards for doing anything beyond the personal story in PoF are practically nonexistent.

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:do not see living story happen till next year at best. and the same goes for raids and the way them raiders are being lead around by the noise as it is . well that is too funny and may not ever be another raid ever again given the fact . its just not that popular and the raiding is too small of a thing to do or invest in from a company stand point all the company was doing at that point to them raiders was tossing them a bone just to watch them dance. and get some humor out of it .

That's a nice theory but completely unfounded. First of all, they've already confirmed they're working on new Raids. Second, there is an actual Raid team that consists of 6 people, out of a total ANet team of about 200 people. Third, Raids were highly successful. They are meant to be for a selected number of people, so saying it's too small a thing is not an argument here. There is no MMO out there where the majority of the player base is focused on raiding, as is to be expected from something that counts as the most challenging content in MMO's.

With regards to LS4, ANet have confirmed that the quarterly release schedule they implemented with the release of LS3 is something they will uphold after the release of PoF. Since then no LS patch has taken more than 3 months to launch. Which means we could very well see the release of the first chapter of LS4 before Wintersday is released instead of after. And, as they confirmed with the release of PoF, expansions fall within this release schedule. At the latest I would expect if right after Wintersday, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is before. A "major balance patch and gemstore update" has never prevented a LS episode to be released, since those are not big quarterly patches but regular fixes inbetween.

@GreyWolf.8670 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Highly unlikely to see anything until after Wintersday patch comes down in January. I suspect the raid is coming up very soon and then Wintersday will start in the next month.

Most people are going to be very bored if they drop raids and no new open world content. The rewards for doing anything beyond the personal story in PoF are practically nonexistent.

I don't completely disagree, but I suspect a PoF update patch will come before LS4 in the same way HoT was changed. Hopefully to include either new or improvements to the metas and a better reward structure across the board.

We seem to get a trailer of some kind the week before new season episodes drop, I assume Anet is going to continue with that so we'll have a week notice whenever it does drop. Also remember the time table for between episodes, Anet said to treat this like a drop in episode for the time table. That would give them another month or so to still be in their window.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@GreyWolf.8670 said:

I don't completely disagree, but I suspect a PoF update patch will come before LS4 in the same way HoT was changed. Hopefully to include either new or improvements to the metas and a better reward structure across the board.

They already did that.

Are you guys seriously expecting the LS to drop in november, 2 months only after the launch of the expansion?You're gonna totally be disappointed.

My expectation:

• Raid 3 at the end of november (or january)
  • Wintersday in mid december (remember that usually ArenaNet will start holidays in that period)
  • LS4 EP1 in early january/mid february (it depends on how they want to manage the LNY event)
  • Lunar New Year in late january
  • LS4 EP2 in march
  • SAB in aprilAnd so on.

Archived