Blinded at "Istan map" Meta. Please change this. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Blinded at "Istan map" Meta. Please change this.

Hello folks,

i just made this post cause i'd like to add some opinions to diminish the big flashy effects in istan meta map "paladwan".
I have a sight problem and im always forced to look off screen. ITs just too bright. Anet can we please cancel the light effects or diminish them? its just too high.

tyvm!

Comments

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I did this event chain for the first time today and it definitely seems worse than others in the game. I regularly do things like Dragon's Stand, Silverwastes, and various other things where you get a lot of players attacking the same target. Not being able to see the target because the screen is covered in attack animations is pretty normal, but I've very rarely been in a situation where I'd call it blinding. This was, and it was every fight, not just occasionally. So many big white flare effects and other bright lights that even for me looking at the screen was uncomfortable (and as far as I know I have no problems with my eyes).

    It's the first time anything in the game has made me think maybe I should find that setting which tones down the effects and try using it. Last time I looked at it was when they bought it in, and that was to make sure I had it set to show all the effects.

    (I'm not sure if it's related or if it was just the sheer number of people and enemies but I also got a massive FPS drop during this event chain, which is unusual for me.)

    Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

    "I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Danikat.8537 said:
    I did this event chain for the first time today and it definitely seems worse than others in the game. I regularly do things like Dragon's Stand, Silverwastes, and various other things where you get a lot of players attacking the same target. Not being able to see the target because the screen is covered in attack animations is pretty normal, but I've very rarely been in a situation where I'd call it blinding. This was, and it was every fight, not just occasionally. So many big white flare effects and other bright lights that even for me looking at the screen was uncomfortable (and as far as I know I have no problems with my eyes).

    It's the first time anything in the game has made me think maybe I should find that setting which tones down the effects and try using it. Last time I looked at it was when they bought it in, and that was to make sure I had it set to show all the effects.

    (I'm not sure if it's related or if it was just the sheer number of people and enemies but I also got a massive FPS drop during this event chain, which is unusual for me.)

    Too many enemies with giant AoEs with screen obscuring effects or they are just spamming AoEs all over the place.

    I have the setting enabled but it is the same as what you describe.

  • Sindariel.2354Sindariel.2354 Member ✭✭✭

    PoF is even worse than HoT with this visual clusterf***.
    E.g. those champs during Palawadan which constantly do this whirl attack that looks like some Death Star is pulling an orbital attack on you and ends up in an Alderaan like explosion. I could punch the dev who thought this would look good.
    And this on top of the gazillion of flames, lightnings and whatever.

  • @trouble.3562 said:
    Hello folks,

    i just made this post cause i'd like to add some opinions to diminish the big flashy effects in istan meta map "paladwan".
    I have a sight problem and im always forced to look off screen. ITs just too bright. Anet can we please cancel the light effects or diminish them? its just too high.

    tyvm!

    Please fix serpents ire first so I can finish my funerary collection. At least you get solid rewards from Istan meta

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I think it's specifically the Hierach's that are causing this. One (or more) of their attacks causes a large, bright white flash and there's a lot of them during this event so those attacks are going off frequently.

    Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

    "I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

  • Are y’all talking about the event at the Mordant Crescent Great Hall? I did that one earlier today for the first time and it was BRIGHT. Big white flares, it was awful.

    Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

    Forum Guides: Images. Text

  • Sindariel.2354Sindariel.2354 Member ✭✭✭

    Great Hall and Palawadan. Those two are the worst atm. But this issue persists throughout the whole game.

  • Offair.2563Offair.2563 Member ✭✭✭

    AOE Spamfest was already blinding enough. Now they added way more and even without health issues, i get headaches and sore eyes of these. Literally considering to play with sunglasses on so i have a chance to see what is going on....

    Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and own you with experience.
    Big Babou, Ranger for life.

  • It also doesn't help that the spaces are quite cramped for the amount of people taking part in the meta events. The lag and visual clutter during these events is unbearable for me, which is why I don't do the meta events anymore.

  • Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The vortexes are so bright my one fps i have left is lost and the game just gives me like 2-3 frames for the entire duration of the vortex. Good luck getting out..

    To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

  • Sindariel.2354Sindariel.2354 Member ✭✭✭

    During these new events, i also have some serious trouble to find my mouse curser.
    I've set my game settings so i can manually place ground target AoEs with the mouse, but with all these lights, flashes and special effects, i simply can't see the cursor nor the ground target markers (And most of the time, i can't even see the boss...).

  • I've tried removing the post processing and it turns white into red lights, the effects. It helps a lot guys, use it!

  • Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2017

    @trouble.3562 said:
    I've tried removing the post processing and it turns white into red lights, the effects. It helps a lot guys, use it!

    A couple years ago I had it off during all of April Fool's. I never even realized things were sepia until I read about it afterwards. So, yeah, it is a powerful option.

    New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

  • TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Sylent.3165 said:
    This is just about any fight in any game by anet with more then 5 players.

    I still find it so hard to believe anet hasnt added the ability to turn others effects off or off for non party members.

    Some people actually like to see the game

    I think being able to toggle who's effects you see would go a long way to solving this. Most of this fight is just a white flash. As I mentioned in another thread, I think the added flash to mounts also don't add anything to game play since it's not needed for any sort of combat tell sign, so it only adds to the screen noise.

    Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/HoTS/Civ6/CU/AoC

  • You can’t see the boss and you definitely can’t see that it’s going to attack. My char was being pulled around in that fight and I couldn’t see what was doing it or had any way to see beforehand to try to block it.

    Way to much visual noise.

    Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

    Forum Guides: Images. Text

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.