Blinded at "Istan map" Meta. Please change this.

trouble.3562

Hello folks,

i just made this post cause i'd like to add some opinions to diminish the big flashy effects in istan meta map "paladwan".I have a sight problem and im always forced to look off screen. ITs just too bright. Anet can we please cancel the light effects or diminish them? its just too high.

tyvm!

I did this event chain for the first time today and it definitely seems worse than others in the game. I regularly do things like Dragon's Stand, Silverwastes, and various other things where you get a lot of players attacking the same target. Not being able to see the target because the screen is covered in attack animations is pretty normal, but I've very rarely been in a situation where I'd call it blinding. This was, and it was every fight, not just occasionally. So many big white flare effects and other bright lights that even for me looking at the screen was uncomfortable (and as far as I know I have no problems with my eyes).

It's the first time anything in the game has made me think maybe I should find that setting which tones down the effects and try using it. Last time I looked at it was when they bought it in, and that was to make sure I had it set to show all the effects.

(I'm not sure if it's related or if it was just the sheer number of people and enemies but I also got a massive FPS drop during this event chain, which is unusual for me.)

@Danikat.8537 said:I did this event chain for the first time today and it definitely seems worse than others in the game. I regularly do things like Dragon's Stand, Silverwastes, and various other things where you get a lot of players attacking the same target. Not being able to see the target because the screen is covered in attack animations is pretty normal, but I've very rarely been in a situation where I'd call it blinding. This was, and it was every fight, not just occasionally. So many big white flare effects and other bright lights that even for me looking at the screen was uncomfortable (and as far as I know I have no problems with my eyes).

It's the first time anything in the game has made me think maybe I should find that setting which tones down the effects and try using it. Last time I looked at it was when they bought it in, and that was to make sure I had it set to show all the effects.

(I'm not sure if it's related or if it was just the sheer number of people and enemies but I also got a massive FPS drop during this event chain, which is unusual for me.)

Too many enemies with giant AoEs with screen obscuring effects or they are just spamming AoEs all over the place.

I have the setting enabled but it is the same as what you describe.

PoF is even worse than HoT with this visual clusterf***.E.g. those champs during Palawadan which constantly do this whirl attack that looks like some Death Star is pulling an orbital attack on you and ends up in an Alderaan like explosion. I could punch the dev who thought this would look good.And this on top of the gazillion of flames, lightnings and whatever.

@trouble.3562 said:Hello folks,

i just made this post cause i'd like to add some opinions to diminish the big flashy effects in istan meta map "paladwan".I have a sight problem and im always forced to look off screen. ITs just too bright. Anet can we please cancel the light effects or diminish them? its just too high.

tyvm!

Please fix serpents ire first so I can finish my funerary collection. At least you get solid rewards from Istan meta

During these new events, i also have some serious trouble to find my mouse curser.I've set my game settings so i can manually place ground target AoEs with the mouse, but with all these lights, flashes and special effects, i simply can't see the cursor nor the ground target markers (And most of the time, i can't even see the boss...).

@Sylent.3165 said:This is just about any fight in any game by anet with more then 5 players.

I still find it so hard to believe anet hasnt added the ability to turn others effects off or off for non party members.

Some people actually like to see the game

I think being able to toggle who's effects you see would go a long way to solving this. Most of this fight is just a white flash. As I mentioned in another thread, I think the added flash to mounts also don't add anything to game play since it's not needed for any sort of combat tell sign, so it only adds to the screen noise.

Archived