Gold rewards after finishing Diamond?

Solori.6025

So, after completing and repeating diamond for the umpteenth time ( and noticing their is really no other incentive to keep playing after that)

I thought, Why not add a repeatable gold reward like Spvp has, but lower.For example.After completing Diamond you get 10g for repeating and reaching the 6th tier reward.

So their is more of a reason to continue playing.

Disagree or agree?Lets know why?

P.S.I am also bored because no one is on :I

Do not tie any rewards to weekly winners. More people will simply bandwaggon (or tank to a tier) to get those rewards. At least in PvP there is a semblance of balance. The matches are short if there is a severe mismatch where in wvw, there is no player balance and its exceedingly rare where three servers are evenly matched.

Extra rewards for repeated diamond tracks would be nice. Like others, I go through diamond for or five times and it be nice to get more than we do now.

WvW players will continue to WvW because this is what they like to do in the game. WvW players were playing WvW even without a Reward track and thats how much we like to play it. Adding gold after Diamond is ONLY TO keep the PvE and PvP players playing which they really dont care about WvW. Therefore adding an incentive after the Diamond chest really means nothing.

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:Do not tie any rewards to weekly winners. More people will simply bandwaggon (or tank to a tier) to get those rewards. At least in PvP there is a semblance of balance. The matches are short if there is a severe mismatch where in wvw, there is no player balance and its exceedingly rare where three servers are evenly matched.

Extra rewards for repeated diamond tracks would be nice. Like others, I go through diamond for or five times and it be nice to get more than we do now.

Agreed, don't tie any rewards to weekly winners. Bandwagon/tanking is bad enough as it is. I'm not sure what the extra rewards should be, but it would be cool to get something. Either way I still play, but more is always nice.

The idea of server pride went out the window during the wvw tournaments. Its apparent that their are no comeback mechanics and coverage = win. Skills do not matter. It boils down to play for fun with your guild or roaming and that becomes stale after awhile.

Gold reward for finishing diamond, hum it would make wvw more profitable for the older players. It would be more of a reward for a small amount of hardcore players than anything else. Lets just wait and see how A-net does with the new obsidian weapons for wvw/pvp.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Instead of gold, increased memories of battles.

I like mystic coins.... like what is already in the last T6 diamond chest.

They are worth just under a gold each..

Was thinking memory of battles because there is a shortage in ratio compared to skirmish tickets.

Wouldn't be opposed to this either.

I was thinking of an item that helps you in the PvE world, but since we are talking skirmish chests, it would make more sense to make it something towards the WvW specific items.

Good call Justine.

when you ask for more wvw rewards... the main issue is afk-ing players creating queues without doing much (except for killing a sentry every 5 minutes. or capturing a camp). and the afking is a huge issue. EB on my server is impossible to do anything fighting or capturing related because there are atleast 30 people completely not responding to anything because they wait for pips and their sentry.

the rewards are already extremely good compared to what they used to be. for any dedicated wvw player this is enough for foods, equipment in the long runs (and for changing meta) and siege (unless you are a super hardcore commander thrwoing siege like rice to a wedding) plus saving up a lot of gold on your material storage/wallet.there were times when wvw was an actual money-sink and doing stuff besides wvw was mandatory to get equipment (ascended).

sure its still not the same amount of rewards pve has... and its even slightly worse than pvp. but pvp is also bound to peak-times. sitting in queues at 1am is horrible. doing reward tracks and pips in wvw during that time is a gold mine. watching netflix then roaming a bit and repeat.

so please do NOT implement more rewards unless you can manage to bind it to actual activity in wvw without staying afk at the spawn and waiting for the participation to vansih and refresh it with a sentry... !!!plus: agree to no rewards for matchup winners.

@Titan.3472 said:Why people is complaining that there is no reason nor incentive to win a match while at the same time asking for no reward for winning...This is a naive question. The afk pip farmers would not change their playstyle when rewards were tied to the winner. They would just bandwagon to the winning server.

Why wouldn't they change their actual playstyle? Because if they wanted to play WvW like it is intended, they would already do it.

Rewarding the winner does not solve this issue but increases frustration for the losing servers (who are already frustrated because of population imbalance).

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Titan.3472 said:Why people is complaining that there is no reason nor incentive to win a match while at the same time asking for no reward for winning...This is a naive question. The afk pip farmers would not change their playstyle when rewards were tied to the winner. They would just bandwagon to the winning server.

Why wouldn't they change their playstalye? Because if they wanted to play WvW, they would already do it.

Rewarding the winner does not solve this issue but increases frustration for the losing servers (who are already frustrated because of population imbalance).

Ok... Thx for the perspective explanation...

@xDudisx.5914 said:Create a stomping leaderboard, keeps capture leader board, etc. Give the top 100 player per server some extra reward for each category.

I can see it now, 2 guys having a 1 v 1, one guy goes down, passing player/party/zerg runs by and everyone trys to get the stomp off first (Picture 5 guys trying to all stomp one guy). Stomp stealing would be an ugly addition to WvW.

@Vavume.8065 said:

@xDudisx.5914 said:Create a stomping leaderboard, keeps capture leader board, etc. Give the top 100 player per server some extra reward for each category.

I can see it now, 2 guys having a 1 v 1, one guy goes down, passing player/party/zerg runs by and everyone trys to get the stomp off first (Picture 5 guys trying to all stomp one guy). Stomp stealing would be an ugly addition to WvW.

Only count if the player was alive for at least X minutes. Would avoid exploits of two players letting one stomp the other.

For 1v1 there is OS. People passing already can stomp a player to get a possible bag...

The weekly reward should be small, something like 1-5g. Not big enough to make people change their gameplay.

@Vavume.8065 said:

Only count if the player was alive for at least X minutes. Problem solved.

That does not solve the problem at all... anyway this is off topic, back on topic, agree with Justine, having more memory of battle in the repeatable diamond chest would be nice.

And gold.. because I'm a Leprechaun. If I don't git me shillin' there'll be another killin'!

@"Hitman.5829" said:Go back to EoTM and repeat the title. The people that got the title were EoTM farmers, now they complain.

. . .What are you even talking about?“What you’ve just typed is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Instead of gold, increased memories of battles.

I like mystic coins.... like what is already in the last T6 diamond chest.

They are worth just under a gold each..

I like both of these suggestions as well.

I would not be opposed to more memoriesmystic coins would also help with legendarys and what not ( especially the backpack)

their is really no other incentive to keep playing after that

Do you not enjoy the old age incentive of crushing foes beneath your boot? Besieging their objectives? Draining every last supply from their keeps as they pitifully attempt to ward you off? The thrill of large battles and laying waste to your enemy's domain is rewarding enough, impo. Maybe I'm just oldschool... I think WvW is in the best position in terms of rewards/asc gear acquisition etc than it's ever been in. Compare now to 2013 or prior... I think you're better off making income in PvE/PvP if you think "there is really no other incentive to keep playing after that".

Archived