Kicked from party to sell Arkk kill

Rikimaru.7890

So today I got kicked while doing 100CM, thats nothing unusual obviously, but let me explain the whole thing.My party wiped on Arkk and 2 people left, the remaining party members where me (Druid), a Chronomncer and a Weaver. The Weaver invited 2 new players from their guild as it were and with their help kicked the Chronomancer and me after that. I wanted to ask the Weaver about it but they already blocked me so I couldn't.However a few minutes later the reason for my kick came to light as that very same Weaver and his new party were posting on LFG that they are selling Arkk kill.Thats's right I was kicked from the party so they could sell my hard work to someone else for gold.I mean can you actually stoop any lower than that? So please can anyone from ANET give me an answer to this? I mean if such behavior is not worth your attention then I don't know what is.

I'm sorry that happened. PUGs like that give PUGging a worse name than it deserves.

Did you report them for LFG abuse using the in-game /report option? Or (much better) did you file a support ticket explaining the same details?

ANet isn't going to tell you if/when they punish particular individuals, but they do keep track of such behavior and they do suspend accounts for it. Apparently, most people only do it once if they get warned. (Not that we, as players, have access to the data.)

The thing for which we can be sure is that they can't do anything without a report. Provide as much info as you can in your ticket, with supporting screenshots if you have any. Include names, dates|times, etc.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:They've done you a favour by blocking you. Return it by blocking them as you really don't need to and shouldn't have to deal with the likes of those creatures no more.Hopefully, you've taken it to at least report them for such actions and move on from this.Not sure that you can do more than that.

If you’ve blocked someone does that stop you seeing an LFG or stop them from joining your party or dealing with them if they do, because I don’t think it does. Afaik blocking only stops you from seeing messages in chat and getting emails.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:They've done you a favour by blocking you. Return it by blocking them as you really don't need to and shouldn't have to deal with the likes of those creatures no more.Hopefully, you've taken it to at least report them for such actions and move on from this.Not sure that you can do more than that.

If you’ve blocked someone does that stop you seeing an LFG or stop them from joining your party or dealing with them if they do, because I don’t think it does. Afaik blocking only stops you from seeing messages in chat and getting emails.

Then Arenanet setiously needs blocking to stop you from seeing others that you've blocked. Don't get what the point of the blocking is then.

You usually can't have a proof, because party chat logs get deleted after being kicked. Abusers often kick fast enough you do not have time to take a screenshot, and there's no locally saved chat logs.

Kicking must be changed so it requires to fill reason in a text box, a reason that will be given to the one kicked. The guild tags, ALL the guild tags of the kickers must be shown next to their names, so they can't hide they are part of the same guild, in cahoots to get a stranger kicked to sell the slot of have a friend join them. There must also be a timer of a few seconds before the player gets kicked, giving time to the kicked one to take screenshots.

There has to be be stronger punishments for those who repeatedly abuse the kicking system to unjustly kicking players, with an existing report option changed to include such behaviors, or a new option added for it.

Another change that would reduce the likelihood of players being kicked from instances without deserving it would be scaling rewards based on participation. So entering just to hit the last boss doesn't give as many rewards as being from the start, and doesn't count for achievements.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:You usually can't have a proof, because party chat logs get deleted after being kicked. Abusers often kick fast enough you do not have time to take a screenshot, and there's no locally saved chat logs.

Kicking must be changed so it requires to fill reason in a text box, a reason that will be given to the one kicked. The guild tags, ALL the guild tags of the kickers must be shown next to their names, so they can't hide they are part of the same guild, in cahoots to get a stranger kicked to sell the slot of have a friend join them. There must also be a timer of a few seconds before the player gets kicked, giving time to the kicked one to take screenshots.

There has to be be stronger punishments for those who repeatedly abuse the kicking system to unjustly kicking players, with an existing report option changed to include such behaviors, or a new option added for it.

Another change that would reduce the likelihood of players being kicked from instances without deserving it would be scaling rewards based on participation. So entering just to hit the last boss doesn't give as many rewards as being from the start, and doesn't count for achievements.

Actually Anet can pull the chat logs. If you can give them a timeframe that can easily pull the chat logs from your party and can even pull chat logs from after you were kicked too.

@Oglaf.1074 said:Anet needs to crack down on people selling kills like this.

Especially in raids.

I don't think selling kills is the issue here. If they went and did it themselves with an open slot and then sold it, meh I couldn't care less. But to bring someone else along and kick them then screw them out of the reward in order to sell their portion to someone else, thats pretty bad. As for selling things like raids in general if they do the work and leave slots open to bring people in, I see no problem with it. Essentially to me its like a business, they have the skills to provide a service and people who don't spend money to pay them for that service. Not like that way of doing things actually hurts anyone...well except for the raid bosses but their not the nicest people anyways.

@Moonlit.6421 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:Anet needs to crack down on people selling kills like this.

Especially in raids.

I don't think selling kills is the issue here. If they went and did it themselves with an open slot and then sold it, meh I couldn't care less. But to bring someone else along and kick them then screw them out of the reward in order to sell their portion to someone else, thats pretty bad. As for selling things like raids in general if they do the work and leave slots open to bring people in, I see no problem with it. Essentially to me its like a business, they have the skills to provide a service and people who don't spend money to pay them for that service. Not like that way of doing things actually hurts anyone...well except for the raid bosses but their not the nicest people anyways.

Its bad, it demonstrates a nasty disrespect for others that needs to be stamped on from a great height.

There was another thread I read about someone being kicked to get their father in for the boss kill. Something needs to be done to stop this. But you still need to have a way to kick a troll out of the group. All you can do is take screen shots and report them to Anet with names and time. Explain the whole the story. Hopefully they will issue corrective action on this.

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:Yeah for selling kills kinda breaks the point of even having it. earn victory dont buy it but i dont expect anet too changethis i doubt they read forum sadly

It is also the way it messes with the LFG function in-game.

It gets real annoying real quick to see like 30-50% of the entires there being people selling kills rather than actual LFG groups.

It should be reportable as misuse of the LFG function in my opinion.

file a supportticket with as much details as possible. Arenanet has a firm stance at selling paths that are not done legit. Together with the grieving I do believe they will get some kind of punishment or warning.

Make sure you include atleast:1: date2: time3: dungeon and dungeon path4: your account name and charactername

If you have any of the other names, that will add up. You might have lost proof, but Arenanet logs will still show what happened.

Archived