Can we please have OLD stability back?

Prysin.8542

It is getting ridiculous, you can have 2x firebrands + spamming stability yourself, and the boon-rip + CC/pull/KB spam is still going to overwhelm it. Lest not forget immobilize and chill spam. The game was FAR more enjoyable with the old Stability system. Yes we had LESS skills applying it, but atleast you knew that for the next X seconds, you had a fighting chance.

In this case, OLD was better.

@"Aury.1367" said:with spellbreaker and scourge as anti boon classes, the old stability would make much more sense than the one right now. there should be more pulsing stability OR the old stability.

Yup. To maybe make the boon strip marginally less powerful, add a "RNG" that you have MAX 50% chance to strip stability PER pulse/sec/whatever of boonstrip abilities.Thus the warrior bubble might not totally stop you, but it likely will, as you will have to be incredibly lucky to not lose stab in the 1-2 sec it takes to realize you're in the bubble and GTFO of it.

@hunkamania.7561 said:You'd be getting your stab stripped regardless of old or new stability

Yes, eventually you would. However there is only so many boonrips, but with 100+ CC/pull/KB flying all over the place, it is more likely that old stab will actually WORK AS INTENDED rather then vanish instantly

Now, if we in addition to revert to old stab make it so that boon-rip skills only have 50% chance of removing it per pulse/attack, then suddenly it is still vulnerable. Boonrips may need to be used more tactically (aka have multiple warriors/mesmers/necros basically spread out their boonrips to deny a massive area rather then focus it in one spot), but boon-rips wont be useless by doing this.

@Prysin.8542 said:

@"hunkamania.7561" said:You'd be getting your stab stripped regardless of old or new stability

Yes, eventually you would. However there is only so many boonrips, but with 100+ CC/pull/KB flying all over the place, it is more likely that old stab will actually WORK AS INTENDED rather then vanish instantly

Now, if we in addition to revert to old stab make it so that boon-rip skills only have 50% chance of removing it per pulse/attack, then suddenly it is still vulnerable. Boonrips may need to be used more tactically (aka have multiple warriors/mesmers/necros basically spread out their boonrips to deny a massive area rather then focus it in one spot), but boon-rips wont be useless by doing this.

There's a cooldown on getting your stab stacks ripped tho.

"The frequency at which stability can be removed by control effects has been increased from 0.05 seconds to 0.75 seconds."

Most likely you're losing your stab to a warrior bubble or a boon corrupt which wouldn't matter if you had old or new stab.

I was thinking if you get 1 stack of stab removed per boon removal or corrupt would be nice but then you would not be able to stop the W key zerg.

@hunkamania.7561 said:

@hunkamania.7561 said:You'd be getting your stab stripped regardless of old or new stability

There's a cooldown on getting your stab stacks ripped tho.

"The frequency at which stability can be removed by control effects has been increased from 0.05 seconds to 0.75 seconds."

Most likely you're losing your stab to a warrior bubble or a boon corrupt which wouldn't matter if you had old or new stab.

I was thinking if you get 1 stack of stab removed per boon removal or corrupt would be nice but then you would not be able to stop the W key zerg.

and you would need a different stab corrupt.

Eh, the main issue is not the way stability works in WvW. It is just that so many skills apply only 1 stack of stability. This means that chain CC skills such as rev staff 5 can remove the 1 stack and CC after. With 2 stacks there would be 0.75 sec time when he or other player wouldn't be able to strip the second stack.

This also means that as scourges are practically spamming the fear in the shade skills, if theres 2 shades, you will get feared even if you had 1-stack of stab. Additionally that 1 stack can be corrupted to fear, making it more of a liability than reliability.

Fair middleway would be putting 2 stacks of stability to trail of anguish and firebrand f3 tome 5 skill. After that, if you get still CCd with 2 stacks of stab from every scourge to practically all players behind them, its just corruption. Firebrands would have an extra way to give reliable stability. which would be decent buff to make up for all the healing ratio nerfs.

Another interesting change would be making stability and stunbreaks work against immobilize (which is kinda like anti-daze). I mean resistance, stunbreak and stability all already counter fear which is little bit deadlier than immobilize, but it is definitely a suggestion that could be considered at the current state of the game.

@Prysin.8542 said:It is getting ridiculous, you can have 2x firebrands + spamming stability yourself, and the boon-rip + CC/pull/KB spam is still going to overwhelm it. Lest not forget immobilize and chill spam. The game was FAR more enjoyable with the old Stability system. Yes we had LESS skills applying it, but atleast you knew that for the next X seconds, you had a fighting chance.

Some will tell you it's not powercreep. They will be wrong.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I daresay they made the change to stability so that they could use CC from enemies as a means to increase difficulty in PvE. Notice how CC heavy enemies tend to be since that change?

Just speculation on an observation of mine. It may or may not actually be true.

Yes it was a change aimed purely at changing PvE challenge pre-HoT and ruined a lot of the fun in WvW - who cares about WvW, though, right? In fact, this one change devastated the population more than they care to mention. Lots of players I knew before HoT just stopped playing at that specific time.

I feel like, just as the passive traits in PvP were determined by ANet to make the mode less skill based, so are unbalanced condition/corrupt abilities in comparison to the boon availability in WvW. You have 3+ people in a party rotating boons for maximum uptime in a manner that takes practice and coordination. Then you have a scourge spamming F2 - 5 and automatically he wins the boon vs corruption battle due to resistance converting into immobilize, one of the harshest and most punishing conditions in all of WvW, and your stab converting into fear, another punishing condition. Conditions have long been effective in WvW, yet they continue to get buffed in addition to adding more ways of removing boons, so I don't see why there aren't any solutions being added to combat conditions more effectively (ie. buffing cleanses, pulsing cleanse, ability to be immune to boon conversion/removal, etc.)It has gotten so bad that a single warrior can win a fight between 50v50 by the virtue of a single skill. If developers don't think that is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable then I don't know what to say, the problem is purely terrible balance resolution. Bad compromise after bad compromise to the point that the trade-off between healing/cleanse and condi/corruption is so tilted in the latter's favor that it's just plain not fun, mindless skill spamming is rewarded and coordination is punished.

@"szshou.2193" said:It has gotten so bad that a single warrior can win a fight between 50v50 by the virtue of a single skill. If developers don't think that is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable then I don't know what to say, the problem is purely terrible balance resolution. Bad compromise after bad compromise to the point that the trade-off between healing/cleanse and condi/corruption is so tilted in the latter's favor that it's just plain not fun, mindless skill spamming is rewarded and coordination is punished.

Whether or not it is poor balance is dependent on your definition of the word "balance". If you mean "not balanced", then it is balanced.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I daresay they made the change to stability so that they could use CC from enemies as a means to increase difficulty in PvE. Notice how CC heavy enemies tend to be since that change?

Just speculation on an observation of mine. It may or may not actually be true.It was a change aimed at PVP/WvW to cut the melee trains down to size, iirc.

Agreed. I really dislike what they did there.

Basically they wanted to add a broken amount of Stability with the new specs, but even the devs realized that it won't be recieved well. So instead of toning down access to it, they made a token gesture of "nerfing" eventhough it's barely noticeable.

Surprise surprise, it didn't work.

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

Just speculation on an observation of mine. It may or may not actually be true.It was a change aimed at PVP/WvW to cut the melee trains down to size, iirc.

Worked out well...

@"Prysin.8542" said:It is getting ridiculous, you can have 2x firebrands + spamming stability yourself, and the boon-rip + CC/pull/KB spam is still going to overwhelm it. Lest not forget immobilize and chill spam. The game was FAR more enjoyable with the old Stability system. Yes we had LESS skills applying it, but atleast you knew that for the next X seconds, you had a fighting chance.

absolutely not, the "old" meta was just YOLO pushing all the day. that dont needed skill. now you have to fake push to trigger enemy spike and use your stability in the right Moments to push. more skill is needed, thats good. if you have good movement the current stability is absolutely enough to push. if your movement and skillusage is bad, its a l2p issue and you should handle it by your own and not by crying anet should carry you...

I'm not sure it would make a difference in the current meta, but iirc the change was uncalled for before HoT and made pirate shipping a reality. You 0.75s to rip/corrupt stability, theres so many boon rips and corrupts nowadays, but I'm just learning to play such classes in pug zergs; where we have only one guard at times. xd

@Zero.3871 said:

@"Prysin.8542" said:It is getting ridiculous, you can have 2x firebrands + spamming stability yourself, and the boon-rip + CC/pull/KB spam is still going to overwhelm it. Lest not forget immobilize and chill spam. The game was FAR more enjoyable with the old Stability system. Yes we had LESS skills applying it, but atleast you knew that for the next X seconds, you had a fighting chance.

absolutely not, the "old" meta was just YOLO pushing all the day. that dont needed skill. now you have to fake push to trigger enemy spike and use your stability in the right Moments to push. more skill is needed, thats good. if you have good movement the current stability is absolutely enough to push. if your movement and skillusage is bad, its a l2p issue and you should handle it by your own and not by crying anet should carry you...

sure it was mostly "jousting" back then. However DPS was FAR lower then now. Even if we JUST went back to jousting, you NEED to fakepush, as there simply isnt enough healing in the game to sustain you through a well placed and coordinated bomb. Also, access to immob and chill has increased, the addition of slow means that even if you CANT stun, you can still lock people in place. You just have less "I AM GROOT, YOU ARE ROOT" going on.

Then if we have the old stability back, it means all the CC in the game is useless. That is a complete no-go no matter which way you look at it. They are better off making it so players can only have cc effects applied to them once ever 5 seconds. Not being picked up, flattened, knocked back, pull back towards, immobolized etc.. Just allow only 1 set of CC effects ever 5 seconds. That perhaps will then encourage players to take the stupid CC off their bar in favor of some more cleanses.

Archived