Change plague signet

Draco.9480

Change the passive of plague signet into 180 condition. guard and mesmer have it and they both can be damage over time dps dealers while necro is only good at damage over time at raids in specific bosses, however the signet only useful to collect DoTs to himself from player and in pvp is cancerous, some has a condition on him and you get in combat but drawing it to yourself and won't be able to walk fast enough or heal in time. It should be 180 condition damage instead drawing conditions from allies.

@Draco.9480 said:Change the passive of plague signet into 180 condition. guard and mesmer have it and they both can be damage over time dps dealers while necro is only good at damage over time at raids in specific bosses, however the signet only useful to collect DoTs to himself from player and in pvp is cancerous, some has a condition on him and you get in combat but drawing it to yourself and won't be able to walk fast enough or heal in time. It should be 180 condition damage instead drawing conditions from allies.

Change it to just a passive boost to 180 condition damage? Um, no thanks. COndition damage is NOT something we lack, even if plague signet would be considered for a complete rework.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Draco.9480 said:Change the passive of plague signet into 180 condition. guard and mesmer have it and they both can be damage over time dps dealers while necro is only good at damage over time at raids in specific bosses, however the signet only useful to collect DoTs to himself from player and in pvp is cancerous, some has a condition on him and you get in combat but drawing it to yourself and won't be able to walk fast enough or heal in time. It should be 180 condition damage instead drawing conditions from allies.

Change it to just a passive boost to 180 condition damage? Um, no thanks. COndition damage is NOT something we lack, even if plague signet would be considered for a complete rework.

out of all condition builds, necros are the weakest in single target.

@Draco.9480 said:

I don't get your point ... the weakest always should be buffed? I got an infinite number of reasons why that makes no sense, and they are all related to power creep. Why an infinite? Because there are an infinite number of buffs you can propose ever time someone gets 'the weakest' of something.

If your condi damage is THAT bad, I just don't think you've made a good condi build .. not like a pathetic 180 condi damage will fix that for you anyways. Condi builds are not even close to being bad on a Necro. I don't even ...???

@Obtena.7952 said:

I don't get your point ... the weakest always should be buffed? I got an infinite number of reasons why that makes no sense, and they are all related to power creep. Why an infinite? Because there are an infinite number of buffs you can propose ever time someone gets 'the weakest' of something.

If your condi damage is THAT bad, I just don't think you've made a good condi build .. not like a pathetic 180 condi damage will fix that for you anyways. Condi builds are not even close to being bad on a Necro. I don't even ...???

say it to the current benchmark. banners have more dps than necro condition dps. the only reeason I can out dps those above me is if the boss moves cuz of torment and abuse epidemic, the only reason and that's all.

@Vlad Morbius.1759 said:I like the way this signet works today and frankly it has served my power build very well. Not in favor of this change at all, frankly condition builds are way better off currently than power builds right now and i'd prefer not losing another useful power based option to condition damage.

how changing plague signet nerfs yer power build? plague signet doesn't boost power.

@Draco.9480 said:

say it to the current benchmark. banners have more dps than necro condition dps. the only reeason I can out dps those above me is if the boss moves cuz of torment and abuse epidemic, the only reason and that's all.

Again, that makes no sense. What am I supposed to be looking at? Being the lowest does not make it a foregone conclusion it should be buffed ... and not with such a garbage idea buff on a skill that has use either.

Condi necros are not hard done by, especially not so hard done by that we should take useful skills and turn them into crap ones at the expense of people that use them. If your whole argument is based on the raid benchmark for performance, then you don't make this suggestion with the interests of all necros in mind to start with.

I would even argue that you make this suggestion based on the minority of players that raid on necros ... who 1) wouldn't really care about 180 condi damage to losing a skill slot to or 2) probably don't give a huge care about their overall performance relative to other classes in the first place considering they play necros in raids.

You're just not making a good suggestion here. Perhaps it would be a good start to say what problem you are even trying to fix. It's not clear.

Even as a Power Reaper player I'd like to have Plague Signet's passive to be +180 condi damage and traited +270 condi damage, because this would make signet builds viable. Currently you just can't use the GM trait. The traited Plague Signet will kill you. Regarding all the clunkyness the necro spec has, this trait is by far the worst.

@KrHome.1920 said:Even as a Power Reaper player I'd like to have Plague Signet's passive to be +180 condi damage and traited +270 condi damage, because this would make signet builds viable. Currently you just can't use the GM trait. The traited Plague Signet will kill you. Regarding all the clunkyness the necro spec has, this trait is by far the worst.

What's sad is that for every other signet, it's quite good.

Passive: Transfers conditions from nearby allies to yourself. This allows some use in group play also allows us to gather more conditions to move them to the foe.Active: Send your conditions to a foe. I'd like to see this ramped up or a faster recharge rate so it can be used more often.I see very little benefit but adding a small amount of condition damage.

@KrHome.1920 said:Even as a Power Reaper player I'd like to have Plague Signet's passive to be +180 condi damage and traited +270 condi damage, because this would make signet builds viable. Currently you just can't use the GM trait. The traited Plague Signet will kill you. Regarding all the clunkyness the necro spec has, this trait is by far the worst.

incorrect that would do nothing to make signet builds viable any more than they currently are especially on a power build with reaper.Vamp Sig would still be ok ish...Singet of spite would still be pretty garbagePlauge signet would still be more or less the same.and on and on.

The GM trait itself is not as good with reaper anyways as your shroud up time is much lower in general to make use of the cd reduction. It does work but it wouldn't blow anything out of the water that people currently use now. Close to death and even spiteful spirit would still be better options in most situations on a power build.

Core makes best use of the GM signet trait at the moment and core is not something many people are willing to play right now

Vampirism - weak group supportPlague - good 1v1 stun break but bad in groupsSpite - good passive for PvE, active good in PvP, power builds onlyLocust - good passive for PvE, active fair in PvPUndeath - utter waste of space - tiny circle, stupid long cast, interruptable, passive still weak

Nothing but Spite carries a punch and even that flips its function from power to condi and PvE to PvP.

Signets are just a pile of random utilities and will never become a "build" without a major rework. Even the actives and passives are a jumbled mix of purpose.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Again, that makes no sense. What am I supposed to be looking at? Being the lowest does not make it a foregone conclusion it should be buffed ... and not with such a garbage idea buff on a skill that has use either.

Condi necros are not hard done by, especially not so hard done by that we should take useful skills and turn them into crap ones at the expense of people that use them. If your whole argument is based on the raid benchmark for performance, then you don't make this suggestion with the interests of all necros in mind to start with.

I would even argue that you make this suggestion based on the minority of players that raid on necros ... who 1) wouldn't really care about 180 condi damage to losing a skill slot to or 2) probably don't give a huge care about their overall performance relative to other classes in the first place considering they play necros in raids.

You're just not making a good suggestion here. Perhaps it would be a good start to say what problem you are even trying to fix. It's not clear.

you don't understand anything in necro.s the only performence in raids is dps. people don't take necros in most bosses because it doesn't do good dps. i suggest 1 tiny detail that maybe can help necros a bit with singlet target. signets of necro are totally garbage compared to other classes.

"If your whole argument is based on the raid benchmark for performance, then you don't make this suggestion with the interests of all necros in mind to start with. " wtf? all necros want to contribute as much as others unless they're leechers. in single target without strong adds necros don't do shit maybe except matthias and that's all.

I suggest something tiny that won't hurt others and boost some necro builds and you're just against it so much. like what's your solution? is necro balanced? is being the weakest among all dps classes is fair????????????

@Draco.9480 said:I suggest something tiny that won't hurt others and boost some necro builds and you're just against it so much. like what's your solution? is necro balanced? is being the weakest among all dps classes is fair????????????

Selling your idea as 'tiny' doesn't make it's impact any less significant; it DOES hurt other builds that use Plague Signet, so don't play naive here. If you can't tell us what the problem is you are trying to fix, I can't tell you a solution. If you haven't noticed, nothing in this game is balanced or fair ... so how are those even compelling reasons to do anything?

The best part of your post is where you are trying to sell a passive 180 condi buff and take up a skill slot to do it as a significant way for necros to contribute to raid teams. Is that honest? That's NOT going to make that much of a contribution.

Yeah. You cannot play the signet as soon as you are more than 1 player. Your own signet will delete your life.Even untraited it kills you, but traited it does the same even faster.so you have to waste the signet for the condiclear, but you will loose the stunbreak, which is pretty bad.

So for groups i take the transfer shout

Archived