ONE SHOT REAPER ! WvW Zerk Bombing / Gameplay + Guide & Build — Guild Wars 2 Forums
New Super Adventure Festival Avatars! In celebration of this year’s Super Adventure Festival, we’ve added a group of new avatars to the bank. Enjoy the new look!

ONE SHOT REAPER ! WvW Zerk Bombing / Gameplay + Guide & Build

Lasiurus.4067Lasiurus.4067 Member ✭✭✭

ONE SHOT Reaper, lot's of fight in WvW with my DPS/Zerk Necromancer. I prefer Reaper over Scourge, the DPS/Burst is insane.
This build is not meta and not the best & quite selfish, but very fun to play. The build is explained at 13:00.
Hope you will enjoy it !
There are some 50v50 in Obsidian Sanctum, some Portal Bomb, some Outnumbered, a bit of everything with my Staff/GreatSword Reaper :)

Comments

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Meh a bit of cheating there with dragon banner and enemies dumb enough to keep standing in fire.
    Reaper is still one of my favorite specs of all in gw2 though.

    Another derailing post. ^^
    North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
    Game over man! Game over!

  • Lasiurus.4067Lasiurus.4067 Member ✭✭✭

    Dragon Banner is OP here because in Shroud right after casting #5 Banner I get +50% Crit Chance & +300 Ferocity :)

  • JayAction.9056JayAction.9056 Member ✭✭✭

    I find it funny Hammer Rev got nerfed in WvW because of complaints and people flocking to the spec and performing stupidly poor.

    Yet, ranged/aoe specs like this and soul beast and many others perform much better but are deemed acceptable.

    I knew reaper had near 1 shot potential from PvP but I was not aware the skills doing that damage were such large ground targeted AOE(I do not play reaper myself).

    I might start farming people in WvW with this myself just so it gets cried about and nerfed. Thanks for the visuals.

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @JayAction.9056 said:
    I find it funny Hammer Rev got nerfed in WvW because of complaints and people flocking to the spec and performing stupidly poor.

    Yet, ranged/aoe specs like this and soul beast and many others perform much better but are deemed acceptable.

    I knew reaper had near 1 shot potential from PvP but I was not aware the skills doing that damage were such large ground targeted AOE(I do not play reaper myself).

    I might start farming people in WvW with this myself just so it gets cried about and nerfed. Thanks for the visuals.

    Uh reaper is a melee spec, it's just the wells that are ranged and shades have basically replaced them on scourge.
    CoR was still a 1200 range, 5 target, 4s recast(was 2s to start with) one shot ability for most of it's life. Talk about easy farming that was the skill for it, not like it hits like a wet noodle after the nerf either.

    Another derailing post. ^^
    North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
    Game over man! Game over!

  • Garrus.7403Garrus.7403 Member ✭✭

    The servers you are fighting are elona and baruch. Not top fighting server and sometimes the whole zerg is just running past you and you can burst a few ppl. That would never happen against servers like deso or vabbi. If not the commander would spot you and order to attack you the roamers would just oneshot you for sure.

  • Lasiurus.4067Lasiurus.4067 Member ✭✭✭

    @Garrus.7403 said:
    The servers you are fighting are elona and baruch. Not top fighting server and sometimes the whole zerg is just running past you and you can burst a few ppl. That would never happen against servers like deso or vabbi. If not the commander would spot you and order to attack you the roamers would just oneshot you for sure.

    The server I'm fighting are :
    Baruch Bay & Gandara for 60% of the Video
    Elona & Riverside for 40% of the Video.

    Would be probably harder versus Desolation, I had some fight versus Vaabi on Friday & it was harder for sure but still doable, hard to spot inside zerg. > @JayAction.9056 said:

    I find it funny Hammer Rev got nerfed in WvW because of complaints and people flocking to the spec and performing stupidly poor.

    Yet, ranged/aoe specs like this and soul beast and many others perform much better but are deemed acceptable.

    I knew reaper had near 1 shot potential from PvP but I was not aware the skills doing that damage were such large ground targeted AOE(I do not play reaper myself).

    I might start farming people in WvW with this myself just so it gets cried about and nerfed. Thanks for the visuals.

    This build is a bit broken compared to Ele. I main Weaver, I nearly never played Reaper, had the same DPS & way more survive : 10k HP more, A Shroud/Full Life Bar free. But its melee... & less CC than Weaver.

  • JayAction.9056JayAction.9056 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2018

    @XenesisII.1540 said:

    @JayAction.9056 said:
    I find it funny Hammer Rev got nerfed in WvW because of complaints and people flocking to the spec and performing stupidly poor.

    Yet, ranged/aoe specs like this and soul beast and many others perform much better but are deemed acceptable.

    I knew reaper had near 1 shot potential from PvP but I was not aware the skills doing that damage were such large ground targeted AOE(I do not play reaper myself).

    I might start farming people in WvW with this myself just so it gets cried about and nerfed. Thanks for the visuals.

    Uh reaper is a melee spec, it's just the wells that are ranged and shades have basically replaced them on scourge.
    CoR was still a 1200 range, 5 target, 4s recast(was 2s to start with) one shot ability for most of it's life. Talk about easy farming that was the skill for it, not like it hits like a wet noodle after the nerf either.

    CoR was a one shot ability because of the +50% bonus damage trait which had a CD and could be wasted on skills like auto attack. That was removed like a year ago, if not longer

    COR doesn’t crit for more than about 12k zerk vs zero max range. Well actually it can’t even do that now thanks to the most recent nerfs.

    But yeah I might have to spend 30 minutes learning what abilities do what(some day) so I can go farm WvW t1 for a while. It shouldn’t take too long to get people to start crying thus mass nerfs inc shortly after.

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2018

    @JayAction.9056 said:

    @XenesisII.1540 said:

    @JayAction.9056 said:
    I find it funny Hammer Rev got nerfed in WvW because of complaints and people flocking to the spec and performing stupidly poor.

    Yet, ranged/aoe specs like this and soul beast and many others perform much better but are deemed acceptable.

    I knew reaper had near 1 shot potential from PvP but I was not aware the skills doing that damage were such large ground targeted AOE(I do not play reaper myself).

    I might start farming people in WvW with this myself just so it gets cried about and nerfed. Thanks for the visuals.

    Uh reaper is a melee spec, it's just the wells that are ranged and shades have basically replaced them on scourge.
    CoR was still a 1200 range, 5 target, 4s recast(was 2s to start with) one shot ability for most of it's life. Talk about easy farming that was the skill for it, not like it hits like a wet noodle after the nerf either.

    CoR was a one shot ability because of the +50% bonus damage trait which had a CD and could be wasted on skills like auto attack. That was removed like a year ago, if not longer

    COR doesn’t crit for more than about 12k zerk vs zero max range. Well actually it can’t even do that now thanks to the most recent nerfs.

    But yeah I might have to spend 30 minutes learning what abilities do what(some day) so I can go farm WvW t1 for a while. It shouldn’t take too long to get people to start crying thus mass nerfs inc shortly after.

    No need to be mad. CoR still does well, and the other skills on hammer were left untouched and they too should be adjusted actually. Do you actually solely rely on CoR this whole time? There is no need to throw tantrums on other builds and throw away yours just from a slight tweak. You can still perform well on them. Just have fun! Good luck!

    To op, ty for the video!

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @JayAction.9056 said:
    CoR was a one shot ability because of the +50% bonus damage trait which had a CD and could be wasted on skills like auto attack. That was removed like a year ago, if not longer

    COR doesn’t crit for more than about 12k zerk vs zero max range. Well actually it can’t even do that now thanks to the most recent nerfs.

    But yeah I might have to spend 30 minutes learning what abilities do what(some day) so I can go farm WvW t1 for a while. It shouldn’t take too long to get people to start crying thus mass nerfs inc shortly after.

    CoR still hits for 10k+, why are you trying to hit stuff at zero range with hammer? you need to keep 1200 range for max damage.
    But oh yeah the 1200 range, 5 target, 4s recast skill doesn't one shot anymore, when the former king of aoes was on a 30s cooldown, requiring players to stay in a circle for 9s, give me a break.

    But yeah try reaper in t1-2 zergs, there's gotta be a secret that everyone has missed for 6 months.

    Another derailing post. ^^
    North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
    Game over man! Game over!

  • JayAction.9056JayAction.9056 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2018

    @XenesisII.1540 said:

    @JayAction.9056 said:
    CoR was a one shot ability because of the +50% bonus damage trait which had a CD and could be wasted on skills like auto attack. That was removed like a year ago, if not longer

    COR doesn’t crit for more than about 12k zerk vs zero max range. Well actually it can’t even do that now thanks to the most recent nerfs.

    But yeah I might have to spend 30 minutes learning what abilities do what(some day) so I can go farm WvW t1 for a while. It shouldn’t take too long to get people to start crying thus mass nerfs inc shortly after.

    CoR still hits for 10k+, why are you trying to hit stuff at zero range with hammer? you need to keep 1200 range for max damage.
    But oh yeah the 1200 range, 5 target, 4s recast skill doesn't one shot anymore, when the former king of aoes was on a 30s cooldown, requiring players to stay in a circle for 9s, give me a break.

    But yeah try reaper in t1-2 zergs, there's gotta be a secret that everyone has missed for 6 months.

    How oblivious are you to not realize that was a typo and it was supposed to read as “Zerk vs Zerk”? Sorry I don’t even mean to take personal shots, but really...

    You act like reaper doesn’t already work in t1 zergs for people that are semi-decent at it lol.

    @DemonSeed.3528

    I don’t even use hammer. It is lower damage than other rev weapons by a good margin. It’s just easy to use.

    My original complaint is how something this busted stays live and hammer rev which is in reality pretty kitten gets nerfed repeatedly.

    Once again, I don’t use hammer. Hammer is worse than the other options once you actually are good with rev, or playing against people that know how to use all of their abilities. It has always been that way.

    @ OP, didn’t mean to derail thread.

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2018

    Dunno man I'm not a mind reader, next time I'll pull out the dictionary to figure out your typos.

    Also reaper isn't busted, not like scourge, mirage, firebrands were.
    They have little personal stability and require a group to function in melee range these days.
    The OP showed a video where most of his enemies were standing in dragon banner fire(20 targets 15s duration 2000 distance), while he went in for the spinaroonie(soul spiral 5 targets, 3s duration, 30s cooldown, damage increased 40% nov 2017, 2 years after release)
    A lot of that damage is from the dragon banner, that's why I said he's kinda cheating with the numbers to call this a one shot build.

    Here's the hammer long line of nerfs.
    March 27, 2018 - Reduced damage of the second impact by 14% in WvW only. Reduced damage of the third impact by 22% in WvW only.
    February 09, 2016 - Fixed an issue that prevented multiple players from being able to hit the same target simultaneously when using this skill.
    January 26, 2016 - The recharge of this skill has been increased from 2 seconds to 4 seconds. Enemies are now able to be struck by this ability only once every 0.5 seconds.
    December 15, 2015 - Updated visual effects to accurately match the combat range. This ability will no longer hit more than the maximum number of targets (5). The cascade will additionally cease its progression if it hits the maximum number of targets.

    So really, how does something this busted(hammer, so you don't have to mind read this part) stay live for 2.5 years.

    Another derailing post. ^^
    North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
    Game over man! Game over!

  • Lasiurus.4067Lasiurus.4067 Member ✭✭✭

    @XenesisII.1540 said:
    Dunno man I'm not a mind reader, next time I'll pull out the dictionary to figure out your typos.

    Also reaper isn't busted, not like scourge, mirage, firebrands were.
    They have little personal stability and require a group to function in melee range these days.
    The OP showed a video where most of his enemies were standing in dragon banner fire(20 targets 15s duration 2000 distance), while he went in for the spinaroonie(soul spiral 5 targets, 3s duration, 30s cooldown, damage increased 40% nov 2017, 2 years after release)
    A lot of that damage is from the dragon banner, that's why I said he's kinda cheating with the numbers to call this a one shot build.

    Here's the hammer long line of nerfs.
    March 27, 2018 - Reduced damage of the second impact by 14% in WvW only. Reduced damage of the third impact by 22% in WvW only.
    February 09, 2016 - Fixed an issue that prevented multiple players from being able to hit the same target simultaneously when using this skill.
    January 26, 2016 - The recharge of this skill has been increased from 2 seconds to 4 seconds. Enemies are now able to be struck by this ability only once every 0.5 seconds.
    December 15, 2015 - Updated visual effects to accurately match the combat range. This ability will no longer hit more than the maximum number of targets (5). The cascade will additionally cease its progression if it hits the maximum number of targets.

    So really, how does something this busted(hammer, so you don't have to mind read this part) stay live for 2.5 years.

    I agree the revenant is not broken at all, it's not in a great place at the moment.
    I showed the burst phase, & Dragon Banner DPS are ridiculous. But even without Dragon Banner damage is still very high.
    I'm used to play glass canon staff weaver, I feel so much more confortable & tanky with Reaper & Shroud, for the same DPS.
    Extra Life Bar. But Melee instead or Range, & way less CC. But still more stability than Weaver (Elite + Shroud 3).

  • Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭

    Those portal bombs were sick.

    ~ Kovu

    Fort Aspenwood,
    Ranger, Necromancer.

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Yeah I'm not saying they're not viable, or that they don't have decent damage, they were the mid range damage meta for most of HoT for a reason and the 40% damage boost to spiral is nice. It's just not a one shot build which I think is misleading. Staff weaver don't do the same burst and probably damage, but then again they're at max range mostly.

    Lastly.. damnit cello I start playing staff weaver because of you and now you go to reaper lol, maybe I'll break the necro out of retirement soon.

    Another derailing post. ^^
    North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
    Game over man! Game over!

  • intox.6347intox.6347 Member ✭✭✭

    @Lasiurus.4067 said:

    @XenesisII.1540 said:
    Dunno man I'm not a mind reader, next time I'll pull out the dictionary to figure out your typos.

    Also reaper isn't busted, not like scourge, mirage, firebrands were.
    They have little personal stability and require a group to function in melee range these days.
    The OP showed a video where most of his enemies were standing in dragon banner fire(20 targets 15s duration 2000 distance), while he went in for the spinaroonie(soul spiral 5 targets, 3s duration, 30s cooldown, damage increased 40% nov 2017, 2 years after release)
    A lot of that damage is from the dragon banner, that's why I said he's kinda cheating with the numbers to call this a one shot build.

    Here's the hammer long line of nerfs.
    March 27, 2018 - Reduced damage of the second impact by 14% in WvW only. Reduced damage of the third impact by 22% in WvW only.
    February 09, 2016 - Fixed an issue that prevented multiple players from being able to hit the same target simultaneously when using this skill.
    January 26, 2016 - The recharge of this skill has been increased from 2 seconds to 4 seconds. Enemies are now able to be struck by this ability only once every 0.5 seconds.
    December 15, 2015 - Updated visual effects to accurately match the combat range. This ability will no longer hit more than the maximum number of targets (5). The cascade will additionally cease its progression if it hits the maximum number of targets.

    So really, how does something this busted(hammer, so you don't have to mind read this part) stay live for 2.5 years.

    I agree the revenant is not broken at all, it's not in a great place at the moment.
    I showed the burst phase, & Dragon Banner DPS are ridiculous. But even without Dragon Banner damage is still very high.
    I'm used to play glass canon staff weaver, I feel so much more confortable & tanky with Reaper & Shroud, for the same DPS.
    Extra Life Bar. But Melee instead or Range, & way less CC. But still more stability than Weaver (Elite + Shroud 3).

    If you feel more tanky with switching from weaver to reaper.... try that hated scourge :D in power variant is nice bomber... and safer then reaper... most of reapers i see die on way to enemy zerg... thats not viable for group... you need sustain for more pushes then one :D

    From my experience reaper is better in smaller group max 10 players... with support around... atleast one supp fb ..

    Multiclass WvW player

  • Zero.3871Zero.3871 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 16, 2018

    dragonbanner dmg is OP, nerf reaper. lul. but nice Spikes xD.

    Edith: even herald can ez reach 100 % crit Chance to get those Spikes ;)

  • Lasiurus.4067Lasiurus.4067 Member ✭✭✭

    @XenesisII.1540 said:
    Yeah I'm not saying they're not viable, or that they don't have decent damage, they were the mid range damage meta for most of HoT for a reason and the 40% damage boost to spiral is nice. It's just not a one shot build which I think is misleading. Staff weaver don't do the same burst and probably damage, but then again they're at max range mostly.

    Lastly.. damnit cello I start playing staff weaver because of you and now you go to reaper lol, maybe I'll break the necro out of retirement soon.

    Hahaha don't worry I'm already back to my beloved Staff Weaver !

    @intox.6347 said:

    @Lasiurus.4067 said:

    @XenesisII.1540 said:
    Dunno man I'm not a mind reader, next time I'll pull out the dictionary to figure out your typos.

    Also reaper isn't busted, not like scourge, mirage, firebrands were.
    They have little personal stability and require a group to function in melee range these days.
    The OP showed a video where most of his enemies were standing in dragon banner fire(20 targets 15s duration 2000 distance), while he went in for the spinaroonie(soul spiral 5 targets, 3s duration, 30s cooldown, damage increased 40% nov 2017, 2 years after release)
    A lot of that damage is from the dragon banner, that's why I said he's kinda cheating with the numbers to call this a one shot build.

    Here's the hammer long line of nerfs.
    March 27, 2018 - Reduced damage of the second impact by 14% in WvW only. Reduced damage of the third impact by 22% in WvW only.
    February 09, 2016 - Fixed an issue that prevented multiple players from being able to hit the same target simultaneously when using this skill.
    January 26, 2016 - The recharge of this skill has been increased from 2 seconds to 4 seconds. Enemies are now able to be struck by this ability only once every 0.5 seconds.
    December 15, 2015 - Updated visual effects to accurately match the combat range. This ability will no longer hit more than the maximum number of targets (5). The cascade will additionally cease its progression if it hits the maximum number of targets.

    So really, how does something this busted(hammer, so you don't have to mind read this part) stay live for 2.5 years.

    I agree the revenant is not broken at all, it's not in a great place at the moment.
    I showed the burst phase, & Dragon Banner DPS are ridiculous. But even without Dragon Banner damage is still very high.
    I'm used to play glass canon staff weaver, I feel so much more confortable & tanky with Reaper & Shroud, for the same DPS.
    Extra Life Bar. But Melee instead or Range, & way less CC. But still more stability than Weaver (Elite + Shroud 3).

    If you feel more tanky with switching from weaver to reaper.... try that hated scourge :D in power variant is nice bomber... and safer then reaper... most of reapers i see die on way to enemy zerg... thats not viable for group... you need sustain for more pushes then one :D

    From my experience reaper is better in smaller group max 10 players... with support around... atleast one supp fb ..

    Would you have a nice Power Scourge Build ? I hate condition so would avoid to play this :)

  • intox.6347intox.6347 Member ✭✭✭

    @Lasiurus.4067 said:
    Would you have a nice Power Scourge Build ? I hate condition so would avoid to play this :)

    This is Theathers build ( Ri Ba) focused heavily on corruption...
    gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmOD7koXomGslGwpXgtXsgLY6H2I7kFaAEAOATZhmQVA-jVCEABEcEAYS5QK7PIoSwHuIAA8ACaT3g/q/olSuNDBALSgVVqqqKpAUdZE-w

    I have my changed variant ... some things different .... also tried with runes of chronomancer or more heavy with durability runes ..
    If you get somewhere solo you can get focus ..
    gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmOD7koXomGslGwpXgtXs4NY670i6RdqBEASAUdgQwgC-jlCEQBBSJYO2f4iKDewFBwfq/0GdDA4BE4QlcE4IAIFlCBAQAu5NzmtZwNv5Nv5NvZt5Nv5Nv5Nv5Nv5NLFgqLjA-w

    Anyway is was that yellow ball on SMC yday :D

    Multiclass WvW player

  • SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 16, 2018

    Reaper is known to have higher dps than scourge, not new. But, scourge has things which make it a better choice than reaper. What you did was only possible because of all the other classes out there that make it happen. Also...the banner......

    Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

    --

    Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

  • DeWolfe.2174DeWolfe.2174 Member ✭✭✭

    I loved using Dragon Banner on my Zerk Reaper. I used to use Chronomancer runes for quickness on casting wells. Stunbreak is an essential to do this.

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Everyone in denial about reaper have only played it as chill bleed and then switched to scourge because it was even easier to play.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • GDchiaScrub.3241GDchiaScrub.3241 Member ✭✭✭

    @Justine.6351 said:
    Everyone in denial about reaper have only played it as chill bleed and then switched to scourge because it was even easier to play.

    Denial about what? O.o Reaper can only bring DPS to the table. Scourge can bring other stuff. I don't think anyone is denying Reaper's damage...

  • Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Lasiurus.4067 said:

    ONE SHOT Reaper, lot's of fight in WvW with my DPS/Zerk Necromancer. I prefer Reaper over Scourge, the DPS/Burst is insane.
    This build is not meta and not the best & quite selfish, but very fun to play. The build is explained at 13:00.
    Hope you will enjoy it !
    There are some 50v50 in Obsidian Sanctum, some Portal Bomb, some Outnumbered, a bit of everything with my Staff/GreatSword Reaper :)

    Thank you for highlighting more issues with the game design! Keep posting so the devs can learn more about what’s broken in gw2!

    I have a request, because you are posting on a public forum. Please don’t spam duplicates of the same thread... like this one https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/36590/one-shot-reaper-wvw-zerk-bombing-gameplay-build-guide. It becomes annoying and off-putting, and will make some of us not want to support your youtube.

    Thanks again!

    "It's that sorta mentality that prevents progress from actually being made and the game from being fun for everyone and not the minority." -TexZero

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/9804/idea-wvw-only-movement-skills

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Thank you for posting this in WvW. I rarely visit the professions forums, and it's good to see some of these.

  • Lasiurus.4067Lasiurus.4067 Member ✭✭✭

    Yes Scourge offers more sustain/barrier to your zerg, Reaper is more selfish. But corrupt Barrier DPS Scourge is still OP, all role for one only class

  • @Lasiurus.4067 said:

    ONE SHOT Reaper, lot's of fight in WvW with my DPS/Zerk Necromancer. I prefer Reaper over Scourge, the DPS/Burst is insane.
    This build is not meta and not the best & quite selfish, but very fun to play. The build is explained at 13:00.
    Hope you will enjoy it !
    There are some 50v50 in Obsidian Sanctum, some Portal Bomb, some Outnumbered, a bit of everything with my Staff/GreatSword Reaper :)

    If one does not have the skill to win in a fight then the alternatives are either make a one shot build so enemy cant fight back or make a condi build and spread diseases. Either way it shows lack of skill .

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.