FFA PVP Arena - Remove The Safe Spot

Bloadsoaked.6792

Remove The Safe Spot! As players and devs are aware of, opposite of the gate of the arena on the left side players can get out of combat. This is just used by leeching / trolling thieves and "less skilled" players that spam all their cds and then run away if that doesnt kill their target.

Freaking remove it! It serves no purpose!

Thanks Devs!

@Bloadsoaked.6792 said:Remove The Safe Spot! As players and devs are aware of, opposite of the gate of the arena on the left side players can get out of combat. This is just used by trolling players that spam all their cds and then run away if that doesnt kill their target.

Thanks Devs!

Every complaint doesn't have to have thief in it. I modified your quote. Looks better now.

For example:

• Dang, those dang scourges, just smashin all their buttons without efforts and thieves.
  • Stupid mesmer, cant hit them, the burst me down in 2 secs and thieves
  • Druids are so annyoing, their pets kill me while they heal and take no damage and thieves.

They need to just add another floating set of ruins that’s entirely designated as an arena. With open spaces and rooms and whatever else.

I do agree with the op that it would be nice if they would just add another wall and completely box in that side of the arena. Safe spot trolling is annoying but so is engaging with someone only to have them repeatedly jump off the edge just to throw off your targeting or sense of where they are.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:I don't even use safe spot, just leave a portal outside of the arena and when things get tight, portal out and get that instant refresh and portal back in. (they'll be stuck in combat from the other players)

Same concept as portal to another node.

Perma quote

You know you can also use the Autokill mode we were given?

Thief jumps you while you are fighting someone else, use the kill yourself button and come back and jump him :lol:

Same goes for when A mes uses all his burst/clones and phantasms... Kill yourself and run strait back in while he has everything on CD.

(that corner is nothing compared to the other things you can do to that arena, you can also stand on the side of arena spamming heals and rez abilities, stealth too which is funny on a thief that reveals himself before he can actually use the real stealth he needs to survive)

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:I don't even use safe spot, just leave a portal outside of the arena and when things get tight, portal out and get that instant refresh and portal back in. (they'll be stuck in combat from the other players)

Perma quote

Thief jumps you while you are fighting someone else, use the kill yourself button and come back and jump him :lol:

Same goes for when A mes uses all his burst/clones and phantasms... Kill yourself and run strait back in while he has everything on CD.

(that corner is nothing compared to the other things you can do to that arena, you can also stand on the side of arena spamming heals and rez abilities, stealth too which is funny on a thief that reveals himself before he can actually use the real stealth he needs to survive)

Yeah, it's a little weird they didn't have the FFA arena on its own separate floating island. Trolling is way too easy as it exists.

Remember the warriors divebombing the arena? They can still technically do that too, only slightly more difficult now.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

Perma quote

Yeah, it's a little weird they didn't have the FFA arena on its own separate floating island. Trolling is way too easy as it exists.

Remember the warriors divebombing the arena? They can still technically do that too, only slightly more difficult now.

Anything traited for fall damage yep yep!

Also standing in the corner with traps waiting for someone to run to the safe spot is funny, sand jackalling through the portal for the barrier (think it can still be done, havent done it in a few months).... List goes on

@"Bloadsoaked.6792" said:Remove The Safe Spot! As players and devs are aware of, opposite of the gate of the arena on the left side players can get out of combat. This is just used by leeching / trolling thieves and "less skilled" players that spam all their cds and then run away if that doesnt kill their target.

Thanks Devs!

Why do you care? That FFA is a joke just like the actual seasonal ranked.

If you fail to stop your opponent from escaping that is your own fault. Complaining about such is the definition of a scrub; if you don't like people getting away make a build that stops it. If you don't like getting ganked from there, learn to play around it.

Although one could argue imbalance may be a key aspect to the flaw of the arena, this is a game where everything is designed primarily around conquest.Just because you can 1v1 on a flat with nothing to LoS with, no objective to fight for, in a relatively in closed area, and often with a lot of people causing many other scenarios to occur; doesn't necessarily make you good at the game. Thusly If you are getting salty and/or expecting it to balanced in any way to meet whatever arbitrary notion of balance you have; you are doing it wrong.

Go down have fun, live as well as you can even if it means you have to escape.And die even better.

Know what should be added? A way to /ff when downed, maybe loot drops because everyone likes loot, and more space for FFA murder.

@Daishi.6027 said:If you fail to stop your opponent from escaping that is your own fault. Complaining about such is the definition of a scrub; if you don't like people getting away make a build that stops it. If you don't like getting ganked from there, learn to play around it.

Although one could argue imbalance may be a key aspect to the flaw of the arena, this is a game where everything is designed primarily around conquest.Just because you can 1v1 on a flat with nothing to LoS with, no objective to fight for, in a relatively in closed area, and often with a lot of people causing many other scenarios to occur; doesn't necessarily make you good at the game. Thusly If you are getting salty and/or expecting it to balanced in any way to meet whatever arbitrary notion of balance you have; you are doing it wrong.

Go down have fun, live as well as you can even if it means you have to escape.And die even better.

Know what should be added? A way to /ff when downed, and maybe loot drops because everyone likes loot, and more space for FFA murder.

Arena definitely needs more space and maybe a few poles to LoS.Hard to kite in a small arena but taking Reaper/Scourge there makes me feel like a god

(add to the list.... SPectral walk into arena, bomb everyone with all your skills and spectral walk out of arena)

@Chilli.2976 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:There's a new version of the FFA arena on the way. So there will probably be all new safe areas to complain about.

I like this answer, because it says you guys actually look at the forums.

I like it because it sounds like it's going to be a very interesting FFA arena.. I also like the little playful jab :lol:

• ArenaNet Staff

@Yannir.4132 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:There's a new version of the FFA arena on the way. So there will probably be all new safe areas to complain about.

Any ETA on that, or still too early to say?

I avoid giving specific dates. But unless something goes wrong, it shouldn't be long. But not the next release.

• ArenaNet Staff

@sephiroth.4217 said:

I like this answer, because it says you guys actually look at the forums.

I like it because it sounds like it's going to be a very interesting FFA arena.. I also like the little playful jab :lol:

It's mainly MUCH bigger. And we added a more LOS/kiting spots. Also some benches in the stands for all the role-play pvpers.

Archived