Druid nerf

Why would they not remain meta? Spirits have been raised to 100% from chance from what I read, and also I did not see anyone else being updated to the status of might bot.

Druid heals are a mere by-standing effect of their actual purpose which is to grant unparalled offensive support.

It's not a crushing nerf, but it is a nerf nonetheless. Sadly, as I've said before, the ranger community always expects this with each patch. That said, there were some nice buffs in other areas. But, yeah, the healing nerfs hurt.

Here's to hoping it's because of some future increase with the expansion.

@"Malediktus.9250" said:Just did w5 with 2 druids (one being me) and we did just fine. Dhuum was 2nd try despite the 2nd druid never killing dhuum before

SH https://gw2raidar.com/encounter/MotorwayIncludeCompliedBombAngrilydhuum https://gw2raidar.com/encounter/TrainMuseumGreenhouseFreedomLuckier

That's good to know.. I'm thinking to make necro heal build layer but I didn't think the nerf is that bad depending on playstyle.. but I have to check tonight :)

@maxwelgm.4315 said:Why would they not remain meta? Spirits have been raised to 100% from chance from what I read, and also I did not see anyone else being updated to the status of might bot.

For Sun spirit the change from 75% to 100% change only matters if you only hit the target 1 time pr. 6 sec. Since the effect only aply 1 time pr. 6 sec.

For frost spirit however, the 75%-->100% combined with the nerf from 10% dmg increase to 5% dmg increase mean that the overall dmg increase was nerfed from 7% --> 5%.

Lots of druids already had horrible boon output as apparently getting energy for CA and using wh5 was way too difficult, so Kitty expects these nerfs to show up as a general drop in boon uptimes and more wipes on pug runs due to lacking heal output. However, lots of other healers have really good might/boon output potential (scepter heal-FB, Scourge, heal/boonbot-engi, heal-rene) so using 1 druid+1 other healer might be a good option with 4+4+druid+healer squad comp. Also, considering how deadeye can now output full might and fury for 10 with semi-support gears, 2 healers+boonbot deadeye is also a viable option (and well, if you get boonbot gears on teef, you can tell chronos to DPS and healers to pure heal at MO, Matt and KC thanks to thief's stolen skill <.<

Something to remember, chaos chrono can upkeep like 18 might last I checked (without staff). Even if druid is weaker in might production, the spirits still make it a good choice for healer, and just use chaos chronos (who are already great for mirages and eles).

@Talindra.4958 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:But I must say the wyvern nerf is very noticeable, especially in fractals. I was unable to provide as much cc as I used to and warrior had to take mace to make up for it

Might have to sacrifices a utility for cc... ?

I'm skeptical that having a druid drop a glyph (presumably GoE) for an additional CC skill is going to be a DPS increase for the group over having a DPS player pick up the best CC skill that they have available instead.

@Amineo.8951 said:Heal Druid is worse than Firebrand and Revenant now and they nerfed the might stacking (just a little though), it still has a spot because of Spirits however.

I dont think the nerf on might is not that bad imo. Slower might ramping by reducing 1 stack yes, but extending the duration benefits boon duration(concentration) thus more stable might upkeep.

@Amineo.8951 said:Heal Druid is worse than Firebrand and Revenant now and they nerfed the might stacking (just a little though), it still has a spot because of Spirits however.

The duration increase IMO solves a problem that many average Druids had, where they couldn't upkeep 25 might because they wouldn't go into CA as often as possible and would refuse to overheal just to get the might kicking in. Now that duration is bigger and healing is less, there is no reason not to spam that sweet 100% might upkeep on your Harrier gear. In principle you can even switch more pieces to Magi to compensate for healing if needed.

@maxwelgm.4315 said:

The duration increase IMO solves a problem that many average Druids had, where they couldn't upkeep 25 might because they wouldn't go into CA as often as possible and would refuse to overheal just to get the might kicking in. Now that duration is bigger and healing is less, there is no reason not to spam that sweet 100% might upkeep on your Harrier gear. In principle you can even switch more pieces to Magi to compensate for healing if needed.So what you are saying they made the class easier to play optimal. How is that a good thing?I think it is great if it is hard to pull off the full potential of a class.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@"Amineo.8951" said:Heal Druid is worse than Firebrand and Revenant now and they nerfed the might stacking (just a little though), it still has a spot because of Spirits however.

The duration increase IMO solves a problem that many average Druids had, where they couldn't upkeep 25 might because they wouldn't go into CA as often as possible and would refuse to overheal just to get the might kicking in. Now that duration is bigger and healing is less, there is no reason not to spam that sweet 100% might upkeep on your Harrier gear. In principle you can even switch more pieces to Magi to compensate for healing if needed.So what you are saying they made the class easier to play optimal. How is that a good thing?I think it is great if it is hard to pull off the full potential of a class.

Honestly, I agree with that sentiment, which is why I don't think myself it was such a bad nerf in the end (a "neutral" change or even buff if you insisted to remain full Magi after the concentration change, even). The uniqueness of classes also imply that at least one druid (even if a power or condi one with strength runes) is going to remain in squads for the spirits and spotter, as long as Anet doesn't nerf even that to the ground, just like Warrior banners.

I just don't think ANet wants professions to become overly specialized - at least it seems to me that every time players do make a highly effective build that becomes overly popular -boom! Nerfhammer!

I really miss the Holy Quadrinity to be honest, at least then the roles were formalized: Tank, DPS, Heal, Support.

But, GW2 is not satisfying because the devs continuously round off the edges of effective play-styles attempting to force compromised approaches that are often underwhelming.

@Elva.6372 said:I just don't think ANet wants professions to become overly specialized - at least it seems to me that every time players do make a highly effective build that becomes overly popular -boom! Nerfhammer!If that was the case, chrono wouldn't just have seen a nerfhammer, but rather a wrecking ball. Instead, nothing has happened to that class.

I rather think that the devs, at best, have some rough idea where they want to end up with balance. Unfortunately, every single balance patch makes it clear that they have no idea how to get there.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:

@Elva.6372 said:I just don't think ANet wants professions to become overly specialized - at least it seems to me that every time players do make a highly effective build that becomes overly popular -boom! Nerfhammer!If that was the case, chrono wouldn't just have seen a nerfhammer, but rather a wrecking ball. Instead, nothing has happened to that class.

I rather think that the devs, at best, have some rough idea where they want to end up with balance. Unfortunately, every single balance patch makes it clear that they have no idea how to get there.

Well they want to make more possible choices. Probleme with chrono is that there is nothing that can replace him so either he will be meta or he will be so bad that his spot would be taken by dps class. Druid on the other hand have possible competition so they want to take him closer to other healers level.

They should have nerfed them harder, make every class play at the same level as a Necromancer if they won't bring Necromancers up to the chosen Blue Chip classes. I can tell you constructive suggestions never get people anywhere but rioting for nerfs does the trick.

So you guys are still going to be META, what's there to complain about?

PS Nerf Druids please they're too OP, we need build diversity.

PSS All saltiness aside you have my sympathy, no one likes being nerfed.

Archived