bounties are too easy with a lot of people

ListenToMe.5130

@Tenno.6578 said:during the beta weekend, me and 2-3 guildies were running around doing the bounties. we had a blast, i certainly enjoyed doing them with a small team. most of them dont take more then a handful of people. you should try them the fewest number of people that you can.

Have you done them with that few people since then? Because it feels a lot like ANet stepped them up in power after the beta weekends.

Everything is a zerg content which pretty much next to negates any difficulty or need for strategy. Most of the combat is about swarming the mob until it dies and moving to the next. Quite boring game approach for people who like dynamic, challenging content. but I know a lot of farmers that were just in love with PoF content (until the market "crash", lol). As long there is zergable content, there will be no difficulty in it. Dynamic bosses that would pop around the world were much more fun, because often it was about people in vicinity trying to take them down (which was challenging and fun). Static bosses only promote zerging, because if you can just get 50+ people in and summon boss for a quick kill, you'd have actually go out of your way to nerf yourself and your party to make it a challenge. I think bounties were a bad idea, except for farming.

On the same note I still don't want raid content in my open world maps other than World Bosses. And I agree 'ListenToMe' that world bosses are too easy, but that's because they are the same bosses we had for an extremely long time and everyone knows these fights by heart. If they implemented new ones with new mechanics that people would have to learn and figure out, world bosses (or at least new ones) would be fun.

Even harder, when hardly anyone's been doing those after day one?

It usually goes like this: someone says "legendary at my tag" in the chat, a few players head there (fewer every time), and then the bounty runs out of time because we can't kill it. ...I guess everyone on my server sucks. World Bosses have also been failing lately, so those aren't any better.

@Zaltys.7649 said:Even harder, when hardly anyone's been doing those after day one?

It usually goes like this: someone says "legendary at my tag" in the chat, a few players head there (less every time), and then the bounty runs out of time because we can't kill it. ...I guess everyone on my server sucks. World Bosses have been failing too lately, so those aren't any better.

"megaservers"

Look in LFG there are many bounty zergs advertising

@Seera.5916 said:Give it time. People will move on to do other things once the new has worn off. Bounties may not remain with as high of a participation as they do now.

What would they move on to, these are basically the champ rotations from the LW maps right?

There are a small handful of small meta events however bounties are the bread and butter of Opnen World PVE it looks like.

Open World Content is designed to be played with one hand and one eye. So you can watch TV or something else.did a full group bountie train and i can not tell you what i fought or what the champions did. 50 Names and in the middle a tiny red bar from a "boss".it's like a Ant-Raid killing another insect by swarming it. i never liked the system of open world zerking enemies in GW2. I returned few month ago and was flashed by this big metas on the HoT maps. And now? Back to the old boring zerksystem.

I'd like to have an option added to the LFG finder. A map finder.So instead of looking for a group or squad to do large scale open world metas or challenging group events like these bounties, I could find a low population map to explore at my own pace.I would experience less lag, would not be taking up a slot for someone who wants to do the big meta, and players like the OP could challenge themselves against Legendary mobs without the cushion of the zerg, if they want.

If you get a dedicated healer or two in the zerg, the bounties are more faceroll than the Queensdale train was.Get a Druid or Tempest with you that can keep the noobs that die a lot alive during the bosses with harder affixes and the train will go smoother than Dwayne Johnson's scalp.

Archived