My biggest gripe of incoming no downed week

guildabd.6529

Just glad we won't be facing Mag with their cheese thief + mesmer gank groups targetting and insta-gibbing you from stealth where you have no chance to survive no matter how skilled you are.

Will probably see those anyway on other servers this week, now that I think of it.

@BlueMelody.6398 said:Just glad we won't be facing Mag with their cheese thief + mesmer gank groups targetting and insta-gibbing you from stealth where you have no chance to survive no matter how skilled you are.

Will probably see those anyway on other servers this week, now that I think of it.

All servers have those.. Don't worry they'll be in tier four so it'll be ppt dead week anyways. The one event they could take glory in and they'll be in the last tier lmao.

@BlueMelody.6398 said:Just glad we won't be facing Mag with their cheese thief + mesmer gank groups targetting and insta-gibbing you from stealth where you have no chance to survive no matter how skilled you are.

Actually alot of those kind of players will die too. They run in groups for the downed state safety. I will have my fun ;-)

just yesterday i was chased by 3 ppl, turned and bashed the thiefes face in (who was cocky because they were 3v1) and then kept running because i would probably be dead meat after id finish the job, but with no downstate hed be dead and i could use my resources to kill off the other two

if they didnt have that downstate safety in a group they would think twice before running after a lone guy

What I wanted to say is you may have significally less loot now you can't tag downed.About 60% of my lootbags comes from hitting downed, there is no way you can hit whole blob when they're still alive.Also you have to deal certain damage to actually get loot, hitting them once or two times isn't enough.

@guildabd.6529 said:What I wanted to say is you may have significally less loot now you can't tag downed.About 60% of my lootbags comes from hitting downed, there is no way you can hit whole blob when they're still alive.Also you have to deal certain damage to actually get loot, hitting them once or two times isn't enough.

Sometimes its not about the loot. Some play for loot, some play for fights. Your point is still valid tho as it is true.

Also about seeing more scourges...I hope so. The more scourges I fight, the better I can get at fighting them. I am typically a solo/duo roamer and 1v1 I win most scourge encounters. I also havent played since SS was nerfed in WvW so dont know how that impacts my fights. When I tried Scourge (still geared) I never used SS (Took DL iirc) as it requires a tad more skill (still ez to play, but more strat on shade placement needed as it can be wasted easier, and more mobile classes had an advantage as I had to keep clicking where to place them)

Overall im looking forward to the shakeup in WvW today.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

All servers have those.. Don't worry they'll be in tier four so it'll be ppt dead week anyways. The one event they could take glory in and they'll be in the last tier lmao.

They were tanking to get into T4. In 2nd place until the patch hit, then tanked and lost 16 consecutive skirmishes to drop comfortably into 3rd so they could feast on T4 for the xp bonuses. Yet another reason I can't wait for alliances.

I swear if every server actually tried to win matches Mag would be T1...that they are about to be in T4 is a serious indictment of the current system.

Regardless, if I were of the mind for it, I would just take a couple mesmers, couple of thieves, trait for stealth and burst, and spawn camp the enemy, picking them off as they try to get back to their zerg. If we can ID the driver, make sure he never makes it back without enough people around to revive him from dead. If the full zerg comes out, target an outlier or a light armor class, get an easy kill, stealth and run if the zerg comes after you, rinse and repeat. Shooting fish in a barrel at virtually zero risk.

The biggest gripe will be the insane number of ACs that you will see, its going to be stupid, it may actually turn people off playing this week, I hope a dev does play this week and gets destroyed by 10 ACs raining on them, then just then we might see some changes, expect 1 big week long K-Train on some maps.

@BlueMelody.6398 said:

They were tanking to get into T4. In 2nd place until the patch hit, then tanked and lost 16 consecutive skirmishes to drop comfortably into 3rd so they could feast on T4 for the xp bonuses. Yet another reason I can't wait for alliances.

I swear if every server actually tried to win matches Mag would be T1...that they are about to be in T4 is a serious indictment of the current system.

Regardless, if I were of the mind for it, I would just take a couple mesmers, couple of thieves, trait for stealth and burst, and spawn camp the enemy, picking them off as they try to get back to their zerg. If we can ID the driver, make sure he never makes it back without enough people around to revive him from dead. If the full zerg comes out, target an outlier or a light armor class, get an easy kill, stealth and run if the zerg comes after you, rinse and repeat. Shooting fish in a barrel at virtually zero risk.

lol will never work, the zerg will easiliy just run over you, as soon as you show up all rev hammers will be pointed at your little cancercrew and some will hit and that means certain death for your oneshot builds, you cant oneshot from 1200 range, 10+ hammer revs canor they will just send out their own roamers to fight you off, with the difference that they can run back to zerg for heal

@RedShark.9548 said:

lol will never work, the zerg will easiliy just run over you, as soon as you show up all rev hammers will be pointed at your little cancercrew and some will hit and that means certain death for your oneshot builds, you cant oneshot from 1200 range, 10+ hammer revs canor they will just send out their own roamers to fight you off, with the difference that they can run back to zerg for heal

I....beg to differ.

I am one that likes to challange those in a zerg by picking on those just outside it.

This will actually let me do what I need and actually get the points as I can typically down them, but once that happens, the rest of the blob tries me. This way I get my kill and leave happy.

Only downside is if I get condi'd up before I get int a tower, i will prob die myself.

@"Ok I Did It.2854" said:The biggest gripe will be the insane number of ACs that you will see, its going to be stupid, it may actually turn people off playing this week, I hope a dev does play this week and gets destroyed by 10 ACs raining on them, then just then we might see some changes, expect 1 big week long K-Train on some maps.

Its funny, I thought about that yesterday.

30ish peeps going up against T3 DBL bay mid gate so not much room to avoid anything. 2-3 ACs while we tried to build, people started going down. One after another, but we got them up again. After a couple of minutes we had to abandon the effort as both trebs and catas started working us. We only "lost" 1 or 2 peeps though.

... if there had been no downed state, the zerg wouldnt even have been half strength when walking away and it would have been over in half the time as well.

ACs are gonna be so stupid strong this week. I'm gonna build them on every objective we cap just for fun (dont normally build any defensive siege).

@BlueMelody.6398 said:They were tanking to get into T4. In 2nd place until the patch hit, then tanked and lost 16 consecutive skirmishes to drop comfortably into 3rd so they could feast on T4 for the xp bonuses. Yet another reason I can't wait for alliances.

Yes and no, this just shows you don't know the culture or the players on mag. The only reason they were in 2nd was because their well known ppt commander/emperor Xushin was ppting for like 6 hours every day during eu to break enemy t3 structures and building our own sides into na prime, but he doesn't do this every day as he spends a lot of time in pve too. Beyond him there isn't anyone on the server that ppt's as hard, the best we could hope for after him was for a commander that would respond to defense calls. There are other people that want to be t2 but make no real effort for it, they just want the orange swords.

People don't want to be forced in ppting and we're constantly facing two other ppt oriented servers in t2/3, mag players are not going to bust their butts ppting, they'd rather go play something else, you call that tanking we call it fixing not being bored pounding a door. Losing the link just further showed that the links were the ones that ppt'd mag up the tiers, mag does not have the ppt players or the coverage to take them higher. T4 is going to be boring as hell, and the kdr there this week coming up will be meaningless, but it is what it is.

Archived