Um ya.. Downed-State Idea

Justine.6351

Good point on not removing totally the downstate , that actually made me start pondering if i really want it removed or improved for better team gameplay.

Imo what m8 be a problem it is not the downstate itself but rally system, it promotes a bit of scrubby gameplay(well it is what the game was made for...).

Rally needs to vanish, the downstate could be better built to give a time to assist or time to finish rather expect a rally from your bad positioning, gank or spike sufered etc...I think a 5sec count down would be a decent value, player in that time could be rezed by gw1 skill style rezz(if rezed outside the timmer that would make skill have double cast time and an increase of 50% on its CD), that would make players want or have the need to drop some skill to place a rezz skill, being on utilities or elite :\ rather than every one run the same ones.

Probably to complex and dificult for Anet to do :\

How about removing rally, but then make downed players take reduced damage from ground based AoE attacks? Feels like the only way to survive massive amounts of AoE is to rally after getting downed, but the whole rally mechanic is kind of BS in large scale combat.

The current state of the mechanic in WvW feels like a reverse game of Russian roulette, where there is only one empty bullet chamber in the revolver with the rest loaded. I feel so bad when I rally from a guy that dies, but an ally that downed before me ends up dying because I stole the rally. There are many times where I rally, get knocked down, get back up, then get knocked down again with even less HP than before. I don't know what I do to appease the rally gods, but I keep hogging the rallies. It is just a complete mess in my opinion.

I have heard alot of guildies and others talk about removing the rally. I think that has been the best aspect of no downstate this week....no rallying. Though it has been amusing watching people drop straight dead or popping yourself XD

It would remove alot of the toxicity that is generated when the more serious guilds/people in wvw call out the "rallybots", if there are no rallies....there are no rallybots.

Rally it's fine by me aslong as no single ally can ress you faster than the time it takes to stomp especially if the ally didn't even specced for full healing power. Lets see, alone someone should be able to go something like ress half down hp in 5+ seconds, no external pulsing heal, no quickness, only direct heals, pet and gyro allowed to make the ress faster if you are alone.

rally by kills promotes to play more aggressively wich allways involves risks, so it is better then endless instant ressurects we also have atm possible because downstate penalty is so forgiving, this promotes bunker play - no risks.so nerfing the amount of times you can get ressurected in a certain time is far more important to me then rallies. i mean if you full die before your opponent does, why is it important to you that he is still in downedstate? and if you let your allies die while not finishing off your target, thats also your fault.but if your opponent gets constantly instant ressurected by MI+ transfuision - then your only fault is that you cannot kill that supported player 4 times within 1 minute as the downstate penalty is way too forgiving for WvW/PvP.

Other games have downed state and handle it well: 1 resser max, set res time, no downed skills, and the resser is EXTREMELY vulnerable and easily killed if caught out. It's a method of resing your teammate if you've already overcome the situation, not a way to turn around the situation.

The weekend should show anet (they have the internal analytics) that the chunk of players that have slowly left the game from the awful balancing PoF (and HoT before that) have done to the mode are STILL willing to come play if the downstate situation is changed. PoF has brought about the worst meta ever in many people's opinions, because someone going down actually doesn't even matter in good groups.

@Pinko.2076 said:Other games have downed state and handle it well: 1 resser max, set res time, no downed skills, and the resser is EXTREMELY vulnerable and easily killed if caught out. It's a method of resing your teammate if you've already overcome the situation, not a way to turn around the situation.

Totally agree. This week convinced me that as-is downstate contributes to some terribly boring mechanics. Without it people were more willing to push into things , at least from what I saw. I didn't see too often zergs waypointing to avoid conflict.

It's not downed state that makes people unwilling to push and take risks so much as it is rallying.

If they removed rallies and brought back hard res, things would probably look a lot better.

Rallies can be important in small-scale, as a means of preventing cheese strats and rewarding organized play. So maybe only no rallies and permit hard res in localized orange swords' areas?

@Justine.6351 said:Spiking foes grants 1000% mf and WvW Exp for that kill.

I can tell you exactly what will happen if this was the case, you down someone, then out of nowhere 3 other guys all rush to your downed player and try to stomp him for the wxp, basically wxp kill stealing at it's worst. It would not be healthy for the game.

Downed state and even the dead rez values numbers over skill. Gut them both. They are unnecessary, wildly unbalanced and effectively make a "bigger" zerg nearly unkillable. A player dies, they have to port. This allows for more tactical advantages and values skill over numbers.

How about : downed state becomes an objective upgrade, and otherwise you don't have it.

In this system, players would have downed state if they are in the area of a Tier 2+ objective owned by their team. Paper objectives wouldn't give it (so you can't just flip a tower/camp and get access to downed state, you have to hold and upgrade the objective first).

I would also consider attaching downed state to being within the radius of a WvW banner, such as Dragon, Centaur and Turtle, to give attackers a way of getting it. Obviously it would make assassinating a banner bearer a big deal! Without their banners, attackers would have no downed state.

Archived