No downed state will not stay because....

trueanimus.4085

Anet has been against blobby borderlands from the start... No downed state completely forces blobbing

No roaming of any classes except thief and mesmer .... simply because they are the only classes with acceptable escape skills in a no downed state week

No downed state also negates a LOT of skills for all classes... Mercy for guards, blood line transfusion for necros for example... Without downed state, they would have to redo TONS of skills to make them viable in wvw.

Plenty more reasons why no downed state is a bad idea in wvw... but i wont post em now..

Literally all I do is roam and I've seen every profession except Necromancer well represented in roaming this week. Some may have more build options for roaming than others, but here's what I've seen plenty of this week in T2:

-FA Weavers-Holo, mostly rifle, some sword/shield-GS+Axe/Shield Spellbreakers-LB SOULBEASTS EVERYWHERE-LB+Sw/Shield(sometimes focus) DH, Core Radiant Hammer Guards, Support FBs (very plentiful in duo or small group roaming)-S/S+Staff Heralds-MIRAGES EVERYWHERE (mostly condi, some power)-Rifle Deadeyes (not many good ones), and D/D power Daredevils (this was very surprising!)

I was surprised to see a distinct lack of D/P Daredevils and S/D Thieves, Druids, Core FA Ele's, Core Warriors, and Chronomancers. All of which are usually prominent in solo or small scale roaming.

I'm not advocating for this to become permanent, I like the downstate function. I just think you are grossly over-exaggerating pretty much every point you are trying to make.

Well, downstate is part of the game and theres mechanics arround it, its is easier to tune/change it up a bit or find a common ground in having downstate and not having it, rather than remove it.

Imo ANet should remove rally in first place, downstate should be only to have a timer for a ally help the downed player by a rezz skill, even the stack on target to get ally up should not be alowed while player is in downed state, only hard rezz would be avaliabe.

Rezz skills with 4-6sec casting time and arround 40-60sec CD (and maybe 120-180sec recharge for warrior banner rezz) on utilities and elite(depending of class and its theme ofc, not all classes would receive rezzing skills)Players in downstate receive 5%-10% extra damage.

I'm hoping for a middle ground seeing the sun of day in a future update. Downstate will stay however amount of allowed resurrectors or resurrection heal per second being reduced. This will make resing slower so they don't get up in 1-2 seconds while rewarding people running resurrection oriented builds since they would offer fast resurrections.

The argument makes no sense. It was blobby before the event, and it was blobby during the event. I actually saw more roamers than before, even on WSR which normally roam with full guild groups of 20+. I think I even spotted 1 on vabbi, but could be on his way to the blob.Only thing was during this event you could slowly but surely pick them apart.Ahwell looks like it is back to being blobbed it seems.

@Hackuuna.4085 said:I've had a lot of fun picking out all the zerglings this week who thought they could hide in their blob for safety. Looking forward to when this event rolls through again.

i agree, no-downstate is/was great. hope anet will do something About downstate to create greater punishment for getting downstated. for example higher lifepoint Decay while downstated and just 1 revive per 5 minutes. and not several possible revives in a few seconds like it is atm.

I think many people suddenly forgot to complain about balance as much, as they were blasting new people that came for the bonus with every dirty trick in the book for their builds which is why they were probably happy that they finally got kills. Now they have to work for it. At least I finally get the challenge back in defeating people, it was just boring for me when people couldn't fight back.

@Turk.5460 said:Literally all I do is roam and I've seen every profession except Necromancer well represented in roaming this week. Some may have more build options for roaming than others, but here's what I've seen plenty of this week in T2:

-FA Weavers-Holo, mostly rifle, some sword/shield-GS+Axe/Shield Spellbreakers-LB SOULBEASTS EVERYWHERE-LB+Sw/Shield(sometimes focus) DH, Core Radiant Hammer Guards, Support FBs (very plentiful in duo or small group roaming)-S/S+Staff Heralds-MIRAGES EVERYWHERE (mostly condi, some power)-Rifle Deadeyes (not many good ones), and D/D power Daredevils (this was very surprising!)

I was surprised to see a distinct lack of D/P Daredevils and S/D Thieves, Druids, Core FA Ele's, Core Warriors, and Chronomancers. All of which are usually prominent in solo or small scale roaming.

I'm not advocating for this to become permanent, I like the downstate function. I just think you are grossly over-exaggerating pretty much every point you are trying to make.

Dont dis my lb slb :'(

@Turk.5460 said:Literally all I do is roam and I've seen every profession except Necromancer well represented in roaming this week. Some may have more build options for roaming than others, but here's what I've seen plenty of this week in T2:

Guilty as charged with my ele, ranger, and Mesmer.

I rarely see any thief that runs s/d now, since that requires a very high level of fighting skill. Much respect to those of you who still roam like this.

I rarely see core FA eles too, since weaver offers so much damage synergy with FA.

Chronos I do see, though quite less frequently than mirages, because mirror OP.

@"trueanimus.4085" said:Anet has been against blobby borderlands from the start... No downed state completely forces blobbing

No roaming of any classes except thief and mesmer .... simply because they are the only classes with acceptable escape skills in a no downed state week

No downed state also negates a LOT of skills for all classes... Mercy for guards, blood line transfusion for necros for example... Without downed state, they would have to redo TONS of skills to make them viable in wvw.

Plenty more reasons why no downed state is a bad idea in wvw... but i wont post em now..

Actually, I saw more holosmiths and warriors (of all flavors) during the no downstate. The "negates a LOT of skills" you refer to, are skills only used for blobbing. No downstate made it so 7 of us could easily kill off the 20 that flipped a camp. The inability of the blob to insta-res itself to maintain it's number superiority made skill more important in fights.

@"Ubi.4136" said:Actually, I saw more holosmiths and warriors (of all flavors) during the no downstate. The "negates a LOT of skills" you refer to, are skills only used for blobbing. No downstate made it so 7 of us could easily kill off the 20 that flipped a camp. The inability of the blob to insta-res itself to maintain it's number superiority made skill more important in fights.

This. The best build mix in small scale I have seen in ages.

Archived