Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED] - Page 7 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

Comments

• i can enter my characters again pro tip stay far away from the portal

• Silver.2031Silver.2031 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

still not able to get into the story instance in Desert highlands... https://gyazo.com/1639d0a643028c48f555e9a61f51293d

I would rather have it and not need it then to not have it and need it.

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

Fractal is working at least, and tons of fun

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

The "Forearmed and Forewarned" now has the step "Speak to the two Queens" ticked as completed (even though I never spoke to them), but there is no new story step showing. I can't proceed whatsoever.

• `first it took long to load in game now i keep disconnected everytime i load a character

• @Ashantara.8731 said:
    The "Forearmed and Forewarned" now has the step "Speak to the two Queens" ticked as completed (even though I never spoke to them), but there is no new story step showing. I can't proceed whatsoever.

Try relogging.... several times...

• Silver.2031Silver.2031 Member ✭✭

Disconnected while standing still and not doing anything or even attempting the new story instance for the living story....fix your kitten game. you took extra time to get it right and still somehow missed something that breaks it for everyone.....

I would rather have it and not need it then to not have it and need it.

• Aeonaxx.4936Aeonaxx.4936 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

When I get network error while loading into Desert Highlands, I do not see any info on bottom of screen about map completion. Network error (code=1083:5:7:1596:101)

EDIT* I finally logged back in successfully when i saw map completion info at bottom of loading screen.

• @Secret.5127 said:
    as much as i am angry like you guys, we have to admit that major update in almost every game have a problem on release date, and guild wars 2 updates usually have problem, so this is a possibility that got to be expected, beside being angry and ranting non informative contents will not solve the problem any faster, so let's just calm down and hope anet release patch soon

I am willing to bet some money, that this is not a patch issue but a 'we don't/can't shell out more money to buy more ressources from amazon, lets hope lots of player log off so the rest can finish' scenario.

• After entering the portal, i had the loading screen for "Forearmed and Forewarned", and after 5 minutes i was able to continue, but it lasted for a minute, and again, i had the error code= 7:11:3:191:101, and after that code = 1083:5:7:1596:101

• Just played for another hour or something.. then got booted ::)
    Wonder when the first idiots start complaining about compensation :disappointed_relieved:

• @Pifil.5193 said:
    After trying to get into Forearmed is Forewarned I can no longer get into any of my accounts characters, I got a Network Error.

I logged into my alt account and then could log back into my main account's characters, it might have been that logging into my alt account "freed up" something or it may just have been a time out.

Either way, it's a bust at the moment.

That actually helped, I logged to my F2P account and then I was able to log in with my other one :D

• build in 10 mins!

• Me and a friend are both having the same issues. Me and him both decided to walk their through crystal oasis, and when we walked through the door we were both disconnected and neither one of us can get on any of our characters now

• Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:
    could not connect so i watched soccer. now i could open 8 chests and now again i can not login. so i'm going back and watch soccer again.

I managed 14 sunken chests before I got 1083ed, and I was about three feet short of being close enough to open the 15th chest...

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• Seteruss.4058Seteruss.4058 Member ✭✭✭

Go back to your old servers anet...seriously...

• Faffin.6741Faffin.6741 Member ✭✭

@VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:

@Secret.5127 said:
    as much as i am angry like you guys, we have to admit that major update in almost every game have a problem on release date, and guild wars 2 updates usually have problem, so this is a possibility that got to be expected, beside being angry and ranting non informative contents will not solve the problem any faster, so let's just calm down and hope anet release patch soon

I am willing to bet some money, that this is not a patch issue but a 'we don't/can't shell out more money to buy more ressources from amazon, lets hope lots of player log off so the rest can finish' scenario.

The Amazon servers are supposed to scale to meet demand. I last for about 1 to 3 minutes in the Forwarned instance before it crashes/disconnects - maybe they should be making more allowance for packet loss and lag spikes. I've had this problem in other story & living world instances before this.

• Deity of Ragefire.4287Deity of Ragefire.4287 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

Hm, this isnt something new. Give it a day or so. There's no point in forcing yourself in when the door is still locked.
    Let the peeps at anet work their magic.

As for us;

Take a break tonight/today; Go watch telly; read a exciting book; play an Ocarina; anything else really;
    And tomorrow we go ride our Beetle mount across the sea of sand.. probably. :D

• Same here, got dc when I used skills after entering the portal

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Hey all,

We're aware that some players are experiencing a disconnect issue with Episode 3. The team is working on a fix and we'll get that corrected as soon as possible!

Just take your time!! We all understand that the Plague attacked the servers!

I hope this will be fixed as soon as possible! <3

Sending the positive energy!

The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

• gert.7698gert.7698 Member ✭✭✭

can't play or log in anymore since i started the story

• kajoken.1630kajoken.1630 Member ✭✭

I get the same DC with the same error code while standing around in any other map, even Core Tyria. This has nothing to do with Episode 3.

• Buffy.5081Buffy.5081 Member ✭✭

got a new error while traveling from Timberline Falls: 42:5:18:1754:101, trying once more and I was able to travel...

• Stalkingwolf.6035Stalkingwolf.6035 Member ✭✭✭

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:
    could not connect so i watched soccer. now i could open 8 chests and now again i can not login. so i'm going back and watch soccer again.

I managed 14 sunken chests before I got 1083ed, and I was about three feet short of being close enough to open the 15th chest...

i opened 1 chest 3 times :-)
    always after i opened the chest i got a DC

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster

• well, maybe, just maybe, it would be help if I didn't get connected to the same, crashing server over and over again
    18.195.160.196 is just guaranteed to not work...
    not like the 18. are a lot better...

• UnDeadFun.5824UnDeadFun.5824 Member ✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Hey all,

We're aware that some players are experiencing a disconnect issue with Episode 3. The team is working on a fix and we'll get that corrected as soon as possible!

Still can not play:/

• ....and i cant even login when outside of the instance

• BlueMelody.6398BlueMelody.6398 Member ✭✭✭

Saw a message saying "patch in 10 minutes", no update 10 minutes later, 2 minutes later got the disconnect error, tried to reload but got the error where no character can log in at all. Switched to alt account (which doesn't even have PoF), and for the first time all day that account is now unplayable. Whatever happened with that ghost patch made it go from bad to worse.

• i love disconectwars 2

• Same issues here.

• Cegi.4385Cegi.4385 Member ✭✭

we got a patch for nothing and u still getting dc'ed, that's the good news folks. Everythings working as intended XD

• "new build will be available in 10 minutes" in this universe?

• eternal 1083:5:7:1596:101 :'(

• I am playing HoT and the server kicked me. Not even playing that LW chapter.

• @Vatrez.8475 said:
    "new build will be available in 10 minutes" in this universe?

sins that was announced things went only down hill

• Buffy.5081Buffy.5081 Member ✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

I think I'll get a good and long good night sleep today :)

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Vatrez.8475 said:

Time is relative :p

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Secret.5127Secret.5127 Member ✭✭

at least for the first time i can play with 0 ms

• Stalkingwolf.6035Stalkingwolf.6035 Member ✭✭✭

@Vatrez.8475 said:

no that interstellar planet

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster

New patch, hope in the fix.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"

• Meliora.4503Meliora.4503 Member
    edited June 26, 2018

hi - here some troubleshooting infos from me:

• encountering connection issues since i updated game client today, so i presume this is the likely cause, not a general issue
    • never had connection issues before (started playing a few weeks ago)
    • i did not play the new episode 3 content, yet
    • i was the last 2 hours walking through Diessa Plateau and then switched to Iron Marches, did not visit any other maps today
    • first crash was preceded by lag, after around one minute of increased lag, logout occurred with error code 1083:5:7:1596:101
    • decided to run ipconfig /flushdns command which solved the issue without problems (spent a lot of time exploring the map and making my way to Rhendak)
    • after porting to Iron Marches, the problem occurred again - same server behaviour - giving the same error
      • a second application of DNS-flushing did not work this time
      • computer restart and network-restart did not work

System Setup:

• system: windows 8.1 pro x64
    • network-connection: non-VPN, non-AV-restricted

i can't troubleshoot any further because i need to go offline, but i hope this helps.
    i have no clue what your server and network architecture looks like, tbh, but maybe this is a quirky routing issue : ) that the problem was reliably fixed the first time but not the second, surprised me. might hint at a problem with DNS-resolution but on the other hand windows is pretty nasty when it comes to network-problems. it might be possible that my system just messed something up on the client side ^^"

happy bug-hunting /cheers

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

There is a patch just dropped. Is the hotfix?

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

can't do dailies, can't farm HI, can't do anything... lovely.

• Ok I Did It.2854Ok I Did It.2854 Member ✭✭✭

Most of my friends are all getting the 1083 error and can no longer log into the game at all now, I was getting really bad lag in LA just before I got the error, guess its wait until hotpatch time before trying again.

Don't say what you mean, it will get you in trouble.

@Randulf.7614 said:

I saw the announce but, after refreshing, the launcher didn't download any file, strange.

• Heibi.4251Heibi.4251 Member ✭✭✭

Update activation crashed me. Got the update and tried to log back in. CRASH. The update notes say nothing about the story fix.

Henge of Denravi Commander
    CA/CH/HOD/AIR

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

I saw the announce but, after refreshing, the launcher didn't download any file, strange.

Twitter said 5 mins ago, still no eta, so not sure what is going on

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Was in Desert Highlands when I got this error:

___"The game client lost its connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and try again. (Code=7:11:3:191:101)"
    Playing on Underworld.

Right before the crash the animations were slowly bugged (flameballs not summoned despite being in fight, attacks not affecting the enemy), actions started to take longer time (despite bar being full,the character was still chopping that poor sandfish). Everything worked fine when I logged in,but the game seemed to slowly get disconnected with itself. As if the action and animation started to glide apart from each other.

For those who have issues with ghostly-assistance quest, (the ghost is there but you cant speak to them), go to the story log, click on "quit this chapter", then click on "continue". The problem should be solved for that quest alone.

This is what happens when you let evil beings have fun with scarabs :P

• Trae.2384Trae.2384 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2018

verdent brink dc code, havnt even gone near the broken LS contnent on account btw, Code=1083:5:7:1596:101

edit-now cant even log into the game. Great job breaking your game. These releases seem more and more pathetic each time, now I cant even play the game and I intentionally avoided the new content from everyone elses horror stories but clearly its not just that, its the entire game, wonderful job guys!!!!

• @Zaraki.5784 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:

My lauchner download a few file.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.